• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadd0w09

Quote from: Swamper77 on February 06, 2009, 08:09:55 PM
Shaddow,

1 Did you install the Raised Rail Conversions from the LEX recently?
2 The Raised Rail Conversions on the LEX have been updated to resolve this issue.

-Swamper

1. ans yes and fixed prob removed The Raised Rail Conversions and it was fine.
2. will edit when re downloaded update to see id its fixed UPDATED VERSION OK
ps thanks for quick answer

Blue Lightning

alexr19: they are at the end of the AVE Roundabouts button.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Swamper77

Quote from: shadd0w09 on February 07, 2009, 05:54:39 AM
1. ans yes and fixed prob removed The Raised Rail Conversions and it was fine.
2. will edit when re downloaded update to see id its fixed UPDATED VERSION OK
ps thanks for quick answer

Shaddow,

I'm glad I could help you out. Your issue likely affected a bunch of other people too, so it was rather important that I got it fixed quickly. Everyone makes mistakes, including me.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

jaatt

&mmm Getting familiar with the extensive # of pieces in the new RHW I found I was missing some puzzle pieces. Specifically for the RHW 8 Orth diagonal outer transition 1. There are 8 puzzle pieces for transition 2 so I am assuming that there are suppose to be 8 for transition 1. When I "END" key through the selections I only get four and every second click the pieces don't change. I attached a pic to show what pieces I do get. Circled in the pic in red is the north bound lanes of the RHW 8. I am attempting to attach a diagonal from the lower right as the arrow indicates where I want the traffic to come from. But as u can see there are no pieces that marry up......Well it seems I am unable to attach the pic, if anyone can help.

j-dub

There was a issue with the RHW 8 diagonal pieces. I think it was actually controller based, and the fix has not gone public yet. The other issue is the new diagonal pieces only do variable width S-turns, no eventual 90 degree bends.

allan_kuan1992

Well... I'm wondering if someone happened to take out one of the included NAM bridges... because for some reason or another the Avenue Raised Bridge does not seem to want to build anymore in my cities.

This issue only appeared after I obliterated one of the many incarnations of my current city and started a new one. I can't remember if this is related to the new NAM's release or some conflict in my files as I've done quite a bit of modding lately and the Reader might have suggested some wrong instances.

- Allan Kuan

jaatt

Tanx jdub and the S curve is what I am looking to do, if someone could tell me the secret to attaching a pic I could show u.

choco

allan_kuan1992, do you have the selection for the Raised Ave. Bridge after drawing it, or is it completely gone? 

its in the NetworkAddonMod_Additional_Bridges_Plugin.dat.....

A200

Just a bug-

The diagonal road - FAR 2x3 piece is not pathed...

strucka

The new NAM is great, it's actually awesome. There are some things i was looking for, for months and didnt find them, but now I have them. Just two issues, my diagonal rail has different textures and my automata is GONE!! =o I mean my cities have become ghost cities. Does anyone have an idea what is that all about? does it have something to do with downloaded automata? PLEASE HELP, I can't even play it because it's so boring witout cars and sims...

dragonshardz

You may want to check which NAM Automata plugin you have installed...

strucka

I tried every each one of them. but now i got it fixed. If someone else gets this just open UDI and drive it around a few seconds and the traffic will flow again. BTW does anyone know where could I get the VDK GLR tram mod v2? The one on the STEX is gone so is the one on PLEX and on SC4DLEX. I just need the files of the stockholm blue-white tram.

Swamper77

You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

strucka

Swamper you have no idea how gratefull I am to you. Thank you VERY much.

z

A little while ago, I took a look at the current versions of Simulators A and B for the first time since the new NAM was released.  I was surprised to find that the congestion display bug was not fixed in either simulator, even though this bug and its fix have been known for many months now.  To recap, the following picture shows the congestion in my Near South Side city using a version of Simulator A (Hard) where this bug has been fixed:

However, if I use the current version of Simulator A (Hard), everything displays as completely green.  Yet the Traffic Volume View and the Route Query Tool show volumes matching the above picture, with the red networks way over their capacity.  Still, the congestion view shows them as green.

The source of the problem, as has been discussed before, is in the Congestion vs. Speed curve.  I noticed a small modification to that curve in Simulator B, but not enough to fix this problem.  The rule here is simple:  If there is ANY speed value in that table that is lower than .3, the traffic congestion view will be broken.  It doesn't matter what the congestion in the city is; simply the presence of a speed number lower than .3 anywhere in that table will break the congestion view.  Furthermore, experiments were done showing that the traffic simulator ignores speeds under .3 anyway, so nothing at all is being gained by these lower numbers.

Is there any disagreement here at this point?  Was this bug planned to be fixed, and just missed?  Or is there a reason that these values were left in?  The congestion display is a very important tool in locating traffic problems, so I would consider this a very serious bug.  And it's trivial to fix.  I would personally recommend re-releasing these simulators with the bug fixed.

oka02

Hi everyone,

I got a NAM problem: i lost my GLR pieces...
I reinstalled SC4deluxe and NAM and all other mods/props I'm using but now the GLR does not show up anymore in my misc transport menu...
does anyone have an idea how to fix it? (i already re-installed NAM)

thanks!

edit: now i see i miss some more stuff, including avenue roundabouts... what in the world did i do wrong?  ???

EDIT 2: FORGET IT! SOLVED THE PROBLEM, thanks anyway for reading!

b22rian

all of Z's findings were just confirmed by myself through testing..
I went ahead and swapped out his traffic plug in.. sim Z (low).. with sim B (hard)...
I had actually raised a few of the capacities in the z (low) to suit myself, such that all the
traffic capacity settings are actually higher than any setting in Sim B..

Using sim z 0n low setting produces areas of moderate to heavy congestion in my city of 400 K..

testing with sim B on hard, produces almost an entire green map with the congestion view..

Both traffic sims A and B are bugged and bugged badly..making them almost worthless in terms of providing any
meaningful data, the way they are now..

Next using traffic sim B (fixed).. which Z himself fixed personally, seems to show quite accurate data
on the traffic congestion view..when i tested it..

thanks, Brian

ehbk2006

Why are my gates always closed, since I installed the NAM?
When I re drag a road over it. The lights flicker for 2 sec, after that the gates remain shut.

With out the NAM they work normal.

My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

Jonathan

That means the paths are missing, I remember someone else had this bug, but cant remember how it was fixed. Do you have LHD or RHD?
And can you post a picture with DrawPaths Enabled?

Jonathan

ehbk2006

My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189