Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

October 26, 2021, 08:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE  (Read 1265360 times)

Offline Tarkus

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • NAM Team Tankadillo
    • NAM HQ
  • CL: Dr. PuzzlePiece
Re: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE
« Reply #4740 on: October 02, 2021, 04:05:07 AM »
With the exception of MIS, at-grade diagonal intersections with the Draggable Viaducts are not supported.  That's planned for a later date, but in this case, it's not a bug, it's a feature that doesn't exist yet.

-Alex

Offline nietwu

« Reply #4741 on: October 06, 2021, 12:36:13 PM »
Hi NAM Team!

First of all I want to say you have done really good work. I have install your mod and build a city as I always did in vanilla game but this time I didn't get frustrated that I cannot do nothing about all around traffics jams!

Then I plan to start using features provided with your plugin and I have stuck on FLUP items... When I am watching youtube videos it looks so easy to make some underpasses but in my case I am missing "random" items from FLUPS menu like basic "Strait underpass under strait road"...

Googling the internet I have found this issue: https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/759217-missing-items-from-nam-tab-rings-64-bit-mac-users/?tab=comments#comment-1749763 which seems to describe my problem but... I am playing this game on Windows 10 64-bit not Mac OS... and unfortunately the workaround with pressing ctrl + tab instead of just tab isn't working for me either...

I wander if anybody have similar issues on windows or I could get any suggestion from you what I can do to make it work?

Offline Tarkus

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • NAM Team Tankadillo
    • NAM HQ
« Reply #4742 on: October 07, 2021, 05:14:12 AM »
Welcome to SC4D, nietwu!  The old puzzle piece-based FLUPs menus are strange beasts, and unlike pretty much anything else in the NAM, some pieces aren't initially accessible via TAB or Shift-TAB.  A number of the TAB Loop entries actually have multiple pieces under them, and one needs to rotate with Home/End with each item to access the full array of options available.

-Alex

Offline roadgeek

« Reply #4743 on: October 08, 2021, 02:13:17 PM »
With the exception of MIS, at-grade diagonal intersections with the Draggable Viaducts are not supported.  That's planned for a later date, but in this case, it's not a bug, it's a feature that doesn't exist yet.

-Alex

Fair enough. I am pining for a fix/support for this as well.

Offline Tarkus

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • NAM Team Tankadillo
    • NAM HQ
« Reply #4744 on: October 09, 2021, 04:43:52 AM »
I believe it's just RHW-2, RHW-4, and MIS support on that one right now.  As NAM 40's big ramp interface expansion showed, continued improvements to the RHW's diagonal capabilities is very high on our list.  Probably not for NAM 43 or 44, with the way those releases are currently looking to shape up, though I suspect they'll still have a lot of features you'll find to your liking.

-Alex

Offline danedwells

« Reply #4745 on: October 12, 2021, 02:08:28 PM »
Hello,

I was kind of a lurker many years ago and recently reinstalled Sim City 4 and downloaded the latest NAM. Amazing how far it's come in 8 years. However, I quickly noticed this bug with the railway (see picture), and didn't see anyone else posting about it. I tried removing all non-NAM plugins and the bug still persisted. The bug seems to only affect diagonal railway splits - both with the flex piece and with the click and drag, the result is the same. Doing it the Maxis way (sharper turn) doesn't cause any issues. In the picture (attachment), the left is after placement, the right is the same thing right before placement. Is this a known issue/does it have a fix?

Offline eggman121

• Forums Parliamentarian
  • CL:
    Mr. Smth
« Reply #4746 on: October 12, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »
I was kind of a lurker many years ago and recently reinstalled Sim City 4 and downloaded the latest NAM. Amazing how far it's come in 8 years. However, I quickly noticed this bug with the railway (see picture), and didn't see anyone else posting about it. I tried removing all non-NAM plugins and the bug still persisted. The bug seems to only affect diagonal railway splits - both with the flex piece and with the click and drag, the result is the same. Doing it the Maxis way (sharper turn) doesn't cause any issues. In the picture (attachment), the left is after placement, the right is the same thing right before placement. Is this a known issue/does it have a fix?

I think the cause is a folder called "z_NAM"

I think you have two conflicting INRULs.

Delete the z_NAM folder, (Or at least remove it from the plugins) and let us know if it fixes the issue.

Post NAM 36 (NAM 37 onwards) this folder is redundant and should be removed from plugins.

-eggman121

Offline danedwells

« Reply #4747 on: October 12, 2021, 07:57:09 PM »
That was it. I had forgotten all about the extra folders of the old NAM, and didn't realize the new one did away with it. Thank you.