• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Love SC4T but issues closing program

Started by Wodong, March 27, 2014, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodong

I don't know if I ever properly thanked wouanagaine for making this.  I LOVE it.  Terraforming is great, and once I got all my little odds 'n ends .dll files it worked almost perfectly on Win7x64.  Just one thing, and I don't know what's causing it: after I exit the program/close the window, it stays as an active process in the Windows task manager unless and until I manually end process tree.  I didn't know about that for the longest time, but sometimes I go through and see what's running (because once in a while I catch something suspicious-looking).  Lo and behold, the terraformer was still an active process!  Couldn't interact with it in any way except through the task manager, and opening the program again just added another instance of it to the task manager.

It didn't actually seem to be bothering anything, but it was eating up a little bit of RAM and I wasn't planning on using it again before I did a shutdown/reboot of my computer.  Just thought I'd bring that to people's attention, I didn't see any mention of it anywhere else.  Like I said, seems harmless enough but probably not what was intended.  Otherwise it works perfectly.  Oh, SC4T v1.1 as downloaded from the LEX, and my OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, if that matters at all.

whatevermind

I've run into this as well. I don't remember if it's just been under Win7, but I think it's been there all along (i.e. on XP, Vista, etc.). As you said, it seems harmless, and doesn't stop you from opening up another instance of SC4T. It just hogs up some memory. I feel like it occurs most often if you are repeatedly opening/closing the program, but I can't say for sure.