• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's NYBT BATs

Started by seraf, July 21, 2014, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraf

O my, I haven't posted here since November  :o

Here's a small building that I started a few days ago: (I really needed a break from the 27E27th Street...)

It will be 2x3 tiles :)

Girafe

looks good, looking forward the work on the textures  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

Oh lovely! Looking forward to seeing further progress.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

reddonquixote

Beautiful start  :thumbsup: These older buildings are my favourite types of BATs, and you do this style particularly well. You should post an HD render so we can see all the beautiful details  ;D
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

romualdillo

Wow, you're back again into classic!!! Great work!!  &apls

seraf

Girafe - Thank you :)

belfastsocrates - Thank you :)

reddonquixote - Thank you so much! :) I will post HD render with next update ;)

Aaron Graham - Thank you! :)

romualdillo - Yes, it's good to work on my "stuff" again :D Thank you :)

Ok, so, I've been working hard on Hotel Pennsylvania those last few days. Here's how it looks for now:

As you can see modeling is done in about 75%. I have to model buildings on the roof and all the small utility buildings in the lower part of the hotel (not the courts, I finished modeling work in there ;) ). I'm quite happy with textures of brick and stone. I will add (probably) a bit of grime to the stone but that's all.

And as a bonus: HD Render :D

catty

passing thru, but had to stop and say it looks great   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

FrankU

belfastsocrates

That looks superb! Love the brick and stone textures.

Shame the inside of the building isn't as lovely as the exterior :D

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Vizoria

Very nice and boxy- just what everyone needs which is more mid-rise chunky buildings. I have one question- will this building be W2W or just W2W on one side?

romualdillo

Huuuuge!!! (In any sense)  &apls

seraf

catty - Thank you! :)

FrankU - Thank you :)

belfastsocrates - If you mean my model then the interior is non-existent for this moment  :D

Vizoria - Thank you :) And... well, both :D Depends on how you look at it, the building has only one side "free" but it's so wide that it spans from one side of the city block to another ;) So theoretically you can fin in there another, equally wide building or you can place two smaller :)

romualdillo - Thank you :)

Ok, time for update. I remember saying once to Aaron that this building isn't that complicated. Well, I take it back, the roof itself is as complicated as they get. But I have most of it done, all that's left are skylights and of course the greenhouse.

Just a few words about textures and roofjunk: I'll probably make the current textures a bit dirty, not much, just to make the building look a few years old. As for the roof - I'm making the version from mid 20's, so the third and forth "arms" of the building will be empty (actually, I'm thinking about making the addition on the third arm but I'm afraid it will obscure view of the greenhouse of the second arm). There weren't any HVAC units back then on the roof.

reddonquixote

Exquisite work as usual  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

romualdillo

Loving the roofjunk!!! Looking forward to seeing the greenhouse's textures!!!  :popcorn:

vortext

Fantastic progress, looking forward to see the roof complete!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Really exciting projects!! The details are impressive to say the least, especially when you share them in all their HD glory, and the complicated roofline is coming along excellently  &apls

seraf

reddonquixote - Thank you :)

romualdillo - Thank you! :)

vortext - Thank you :) Its almost complete now :)

noahclem - Thank you very much :)

Another update:

I'm mostly done with skylights, I only need to model a few things and then I can start working on textures. I'm quite happy with glass material of glasshouse. At first I though I will have to model the interior, but then it turned out that the architects used three types of glass in construction of glasshouse. And the most important one - the one in the roof, was a heavy, ribbed glass. No wonder that on one photo I have it looks nothing like glass, more like solid material  ::)

Now I wonder if they used the same glass in construction of skylights...  ()what()

belfastsocrates

That's coming along beautifully!

Bipin