• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's NYBT BATs

Started by seraf, July 21, 2014, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

On behalf of the SC4Devotion OSITM committee, congratulations, Seraf! Hopefully this will be a fantastic month. :)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

reddonquixote

Excellent progress.. I'm very impressed by amount of work that you've put into building out all those sections and all the detailing along with it. I always find this is the point at which the BAT starts to get very daunting and tedious so well done for persevering with it.  :thumbsup:

Oh, and conrgrats on OSITM, well deserved  &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

c.p.

Congratulations! &apls

The Hotel Pennsylvania is coming along nicely.  It looks like a really huge project with all the different roof sections.  Each one of those is like a typical-sized building in and of itself.

seraf

belfastsocrates - Thank you very much! :)

Bipin - Thank you :)

reddonquixote - Thank you, and yes, I know what you are talking about but luckily I passed this point with this building and the work is coming along nicely :)

c.p. - Thank you :) Yes, the roof on this building is very complicated, but I think that thanks to that it will be nice to look at in game :)

art128 - Thank you! I hope I can make this month interesting  ;D

So, September is a special month, on September 18th, seven years ago I uploaded my first BAT on STEX. It was Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Tower and at the time I was really proud of it ;) Earlier this year I decided I will finally remodel it, this time in all its Italian Renaissance glory and complete with the building that the Tower was part of. So you can expect some updates on it.

And now, update on Hotel Pennsylvania; working on textures:

Simcoug

Spectacular!  This is going to be one amazing BAT!!   &apls

art128

Indeed it is... Splendid work! Well deserved OSITM. :)

Can't wait to see the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Tower. ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Good progress and congrats for the OSITM  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

romualdillo

Congrats for the OSITM!!! The building looks incredible!!  &apls

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

reddonquixote

Its looking great, keep it up  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

carlfatal

Congrats for the OSITM!

And the Pennsylvania will become a true beauty!  &apls

seraf

I'm sorry, I wanted to make this update last week but I was really busy :( I hope I will have more time this week.

Simcoug - Thank you :)

art128 - Thank you :)

Girafe - Thank you :)

romualdillo - Thank you :)

Pat - Thank you :)

reddonquixote - Thank you :)

carlfatal - Thank you! :)

Almost there:

romualdillo

Fantastic work wit the roof!!!  &apls But one part of it looks too full and the other looks too plain and empty. Are you going to model the rest of the roofjunk or it's just too modern? Perhaps you can add some skylights or something...
Looking forward for the next update...!!!  :popcorn:

Simcoug

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Nice work!  :thumbsup:  The textures suit the building well, and the shape of the structure itself is a break from the ordinary.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

seraf

romualdillo - Thank you :) And no, this is how the roof looked back in the 1930. Later they added small building on the third arm and made a lot of small changes to the rest of the roof that I don't really like. The fourth arm was empty for a very long time except for the cooling tower (big uninteresting box that didn't really fit there) added sometime between 1940-50. And since it's recreation I don't really want to add anything that wasn't there :)

Simcoug - Thank you :)

art128 - Thank you :)

metarvo - Thank you :) I worked hard on this one, I hope people will find it useful :)

Time for the next update:

deleted the url code as it wasn't practical.

art128

Great! So the over part of the roof will be empty like that? No vent units or anything on it?
Would love to see some old posters on those brick walls at the bottom.

Also, when you post a picture, don't use the URL code. Resizing the picture is enough. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

Looks amazing! The only thing I'd comment on is those little trees look a bit on the cartoon-ish side but at this scale probably doesn't matter too much. I really like the way you've done your glass though  :thumbsup:

Ps. I'll have to make a mental note of where this thread is located, last time it disappeared off the front page and then I couldn't find it again ()what() )