• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

.SC4 files - How are they used when loading a saved game

Started by neon, March 21, 2015, 08:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neon

PLEASE HELP !!!! I LOVED my city and want to get it back !!!
I like to save interim games (.sc4 files) in case I need to go back to an earlier version of the city I am playing:
I need to: I accidentally leveled all of the terrain (in god mode) in a GREAT GREAT city, which wiped out everything on the  terrain. Then I apparently accidentally save it.
Now when i start a new game, my city appears as a leveled with nothing on it city in the game's starting and is actually leveled terrain when I start my city.
The way I save pervious versions of my city was to copy all of the *.sc4 files in the region sub directory that had the same date/time stamp of the game I had just finished playing and save. Several .sv4 files, not just the one with my city name, had this date.
When I try to run any of the earlier versions of my saved city (save prior to my leveling) the initial map of regions available when the game starts, all how my region as leveled (and run as leveled terrain)- despite the leveling occurred well after the date/time stamp on these files.
So I am hoping someone can tell me how SC4 initially loads .sc4 files when starting the game, hoping I have enough of the older versions of .sc4 files to get my old city back.

Indiana Joe

I think you need an intact region folder to load a backup region.  If you have a complete set, with all the cities and the config file and everything, you should be able to recover the region.

If you only have bits and pieces of things, it's not going to work.

neon

Thanks for the advice. I realize that would likely help, unfortunately though I do not have ALL of those files.I am hoping that someone knows which files exactly are loaded when you start the game and which files are loaded/opened once one selects their city. Anyone out there know this?

vortext

Copy/paste doesn't quite work indeed, instead import the backup city files in region view.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana