• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Incredible lotting, as usual :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you! I try my best to make things as realistic as possible. As I go along building the lot, I create the models needed to fulfill the scenario.

This is the North East corner, the water supply pond...done!

RH25

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Silur

Excellent work!  All very harmonious and beautiful &apls &apls &apls

omgitskosc

What a dirty little corner. :thumbsup: I absolutely love the rusty water tower and that water texture - so darn realistic looking.

Gugu3

Simmer2

Thank you for the kind words  :thumbsup:

Well this is the last dump of pics I'm going to post on this lot. Hopefully soon you will see it, up close in your cities...
Pay attention and you will see even more props and scenes never seen before.

So make sure your seat belt is on and your table is in the upright position....

RH30

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Silur

Excellent Work - no words  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Simply stunning!  &apls

Btw, a huge thank you for the new nsb rail textures. This set is soooo useful.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Still working exclusively on the Roundhouse project.

I was not happy with the turntable animation sequence therefore I'm re-rendering all the angles again. Each render takes 2 hours....

"Good things come to those who wait"

Simmer2/Nick

Seaman

Quote from: Simmer2 on March 27, 2017, 07:56:33 PM
I was not happy with the turntable animation sequence therefore I'm re-rendering all the angles again.

wait, what?? "turntable animation"?? You are not going to...  :o

Nevermore

Simmer, you are crazy ;D  Masterpiece  &apls

c.p.

"Turntable animation" sounds very interesting :popcorn:

Some fun (and creative) details on this lot.  For example, the hose going down into the pond is great. :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Like I said a few posts ago, it is not possible to make a full animation with an HD prop, also you cannot make animations with anything bigger than a cubic tile.

I'm however implementing an alternative method to simulate animation with full sized HD props I made, by using an extensive database of timed exemplars I created just for this purpose. It is a very tedious and complex affair thus the time its taking to complete.

Here is turntable sequence 1 in GIF format, this sequence is made with 26 timed exemplars and spans 5 game hours (about 8 minutes in real time). I'm already working on sequence 2 and once done I will post the whole animation.

Please excuse the poor quality of this GIF.

Nick

Part 1

eggman121

No need to be sorry Nick.

The GIF is fine and there will be no problems with the final product. You are one of the best!

What you are doing here is quite ground breaking and will no doubt bring alot of players back.

I am especially impressed how you have been able to dress up the RRW so nicely :)

The lots you have made up for the content was missing for the Maxis Rail and I am so humbled to have you on board as a good colleague  ()stsfd()

To many more fun times and great railway Journeys

+1 to you for all your hard effort!

-eggman121 (Stephen)

Nevermore

Zaje...te ;D  Translate to english SUPERB  ;)

Simcoug

Spectacular work on the roundhouse!  That was one piece of the rail puzzle in SC4 that I thought was lacking, so I am really excited to see this  :thumbsup:

bombardiere

Very good work.  :thumbsup: That is clever. :)

feyss

Wow, the level of awesomeness here  :shocked2:

vortext

yeah that looks really really cool!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Silur

Everyone is waiting Your beautiful additions to rusty and wild SC4 Railways  &apls :thumbsup: &apls