• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

I love the concept and it is something that will be really useful, too  :thumbsup: PS I love the blue bus you've batted

fantozzi

Thank you Matt, but except of creating very simple things I have no talent for batting. But I have found a quite solid pipeline to bring Sketchup models from the 3D Warehouse into gmax/B.A.T.

Maybe someone is interested how I do that, so I'll take oportunity to briefly explain. It's quite simple even a country bumkin like me can do that.

First you have to know that KMZ-Files (native Google-Earth Format) are nothing else than zip-packed Collada files. So you download a dae- or a kmz-file form the 3D warehouse. The ending ".kmz" you change into zip, extract it and - voilá - you have a dae file too.

Now Blender is a perfect tool to handle dae-(collada)files. It's not always necessary but to my experience sometimes it is helpfull to open the collada file in Blender first, check if there are some unwanted nodes or objects etc. Often you want to simplify scenes before you bring them into gmax, sometimes you want only a certain element to puzzle it together with other objects ect. This preparation I do in Blender first because it is much faster than old B.A.T.

Now the trick ist not to export in 3ds from blender. But save from Blender as collada again. Blender can export 3ds but those never work with gmax for me.

Instead there is a tool (to my knowledge it was written by a flight simulator fan) especially for gmax and the modding community It is called ModelConverterX and can be downloaded here.

Most of the times this tool will work immediatly with kmz or collada files to convert them into 3ds-files keeping UV-mapping and all. So you won't need Blender as an intermediate step at all. But if it fails loading a file it's worth to check the file with Blender. 

So to be true, I'm not a gifted batter like you, I'm just a rotten thief ... an artist with the crowbar perhaps  &prt

fantozzi

The chances of anything coming from Mars
Are a million to one, he said
The chances of anything coming from Mars
Are a million to one, but still, they come
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1xlcLtO4yg

fantozzi

Maybe those are enough ... or maybe mass tourism needs even more busses? Some other logo/travel organisation? Suggenstions are welcome.

Question: is it difficult to create functional lamp posts? Is there a tutorial how to creating them?

Tyberius06

Hi!
Wooow... What have you done?!?!  &apls &apls &apls
Now I need to expand my essentials... :) really nice buses, I love them. Maybe you could give an additional bus skin: Eurolines
https://www.eurolines.de/en/home/
It's more like a coach service between European cities, but would be nice to see as a prop. :)

Nice project anyway!

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

paddy0174

I like what you're doing here. :)

And you asked for suggestions for the busses? Here you go: :D :D :D :D

For me, every design that is more european, is fine. I tend to build more dense (like here at home), so the super coaches from north america aren't really fitting into such cities.
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

fantozzi

Okay. Nice. Thank you. %BUd%

Andreas

Those buses look great alright! I don't have any logo suggestions right now, but maybe you could reduce the saturation of the dark blue bus a bit, it stands out a little compared to the rest.
Andreas

fantozzi

@Andreas - yes, thanks. I'll do another render.

Tyberius06

Now, you are attacking us with diagonals too... and let poor LOTters/LOT-makers to suffer under the pressure of beautiful bus props...  &apls &apls &apls
Keep them coming! :)  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks a lot!

- Tyberius

P.S: when they will be released I'm gonna fire up the timed-props making machine (and also gather them into families), if you will not doing it...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Andreas

The dark red one on the last pic might need a slight rework, too... I really love those parking lots, though, realistic and very common in every tourist city! :)
Andreas

paddy0174

@Andreas
I'm quite sure these are the MS Parking Lots (not 100%...) :)

@fantozzi
How about one of your own busses? FantozziLines?  :thumbsup:
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

mattb325

^^ Fantozzi Lines. Love it 

How about Fantozzi Tours (said aloud in english it almost sounds like Fantasy Tours, which could work on any number of levels)  :laugh:

I really like the cobbled/Maxis/Grass mix you've used on the lot. It looks really good  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Quote from: paddy0174 on October 11, 2018, 02:47:53 PM
@Andreas
I'm quite sure these are the MS Parking Lots (not 100%...) :)

@fantozzi
How about one of your own busses? FantozziLines?  :thumbsup:

There is already a Fantozzi slaughterhouse in the game ... now doing a bus line ...  :innocent:

The parking lots textures have a special story, nos17 created them according to my suggestions. The whole thing started two years ago (look how I messed up with my schedule   &Thk/( ). You can follow here, second half of the comments section: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31171-mass-tourism/?tab=comments exyctly the date of birth of this idea nos17 and I developed.

So nos17 made those beautiful textures and now he's waiting for my version for ... two years ...  :shocked2:
Finally I'm working on it. :squirrel:

Tyberius06

Quote from: fantozzi on October 12, 2018, 12:11:09 AM

The parking lots textures have a special story, nos17 created them according to my suggestions. The whole thing started two years ago (look how I messed up with my schedule   &Thk/( ). You can follow here, second half of the comments section: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31171-mass-tourism/?tab=comments exyctly the date of birth of this idea nos17 and I developed.

So nos17 made those beautiful textures and now he's waiting for my version for ... two years ...  :shocked2:
Finally I'm working on it. :squirrel:

Ah so I can Thank You too, those cobblestone textures. Now I know. I was't aware of your involvement, when I've purposed those cobblestone textues. I made a few variant of full base texture from them, and also a bit complex 6*2 texture for one of my upcoming rail station relot (Shinjuku East).

The last one is actually a combination of your and SM2 Rutger Hauer station base texture... :)

- Tyberius

fantozzi

I wasn't involved in the choice of textures, such details. If I remember right, the cobblestone pattern came originally from vortex or NDEX textures. But that's all nos17. I discussed only the layout, the overall concept with him, pm-ing things like this:

How to recreate a certain kind of wide boulevards with a multifunctional meridian (parking, greens, kiosks, walking etc) typical for roman founded cities. It would be wrong to call me a co-creator or something like this.

fantozzi

I think I did enough busses for now. I'm already getting strange ideas.

Simmer2

Very nice bus models &apls

I really like them!

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

I reworked the busses from jesterday a bit.

Now, what we have here ...

...upper side of the street from left to right:

Setra bus with green-orange Flixbus painting, Irizar Bus with fantasy painting "Travel" color saturation reduced by 20% and brightness increased by 5 percent. Mercedes Jetbus 4-Wheels with "Deutsche Touring" painting. Mercedes Jetbus 6-Wheels with Eurolines paiting and again a Mercedes Jetbus 6-Wheels (upper) with Lufthansa painting. Below this a volvo 9700 also with lufthansa painting. Then a ultramodern Marcopolo coach in black and green painting from brazilia (unknown company). And finally on the right another volvo 9700 this time with a Eurolines painting.

Click to enlarge

mrbisonm

wow....where? Link?     :clap:

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)