• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Ah yes, the blue looks much better now. :) Not sure where you got that Lufthansa design, though, all photos that I found had just white and that yellow bar (or an arrow shape as a new design, apparently). The set looks very spiffy alright, though! :thumbsup:
Andreas

fantozzi

Quote from: Andreas on October 12, 2018, 04:33:54 PM
Ah yes, the blue looks much better now. :) Not sure where you got that Lufthansa design, though, all photos that I found had just white and that yellow bar (or an arrow shape as a new design, apparently). The set looks very spiffy alright, though! :thumbsup:

Thanks. Indeed, it's intellectual freedom on the Lufthansa busses. I spent much time on the Lufthansa volvo but the more I look on it this morning the more it reminds me of a Milka-cow. Maybe I drop this one. Also the volvo model looks too box-shaped on the nose in SC4.

I think there are 15 different busses (x 2 angles), maybe I'll make a few more and then kill the worst. This turned out to be a good method for me to boost quality - always make more than needed and then delete the worst. 

I want to make two timed families - one family from february to june, the other family from august to november. So to put both families on one parking space to get the effect of coming and going. I think 6 members for each family  is enough, so I need 12 different busses.

But maybe I need 3 families with shorter period to get effect?  ??? What do you think?

mattb325

The updated buses look great  :thumbsup:

I liked the timed idea: it's up to you of course about how many you include per timing, but I guess 3 will make it feel a little busier and more like the effect of coming and going....

fantozzi

Okay, so I'll go with 3 timed families. So I still need some busses.

Another thing: I want to realize the Sims Nations Transport or Aviation Museum this winter too. An idea by Airman15.
It could look like this:

but I would need two buildings, I can't make them on my own, even if they are (hopefully easy of shape). One for the Entrance and one L-Shaped with a round Dome in the corner. I imagine the facade of both mainly glass, like the Congress Center in Frankfurt, Germany:

Question: is someone willing to do such buildings or has someone an idea which bats I could use instead that exist already and would made a good lokking Aviation museums. Again - help or suggestions welcomed.

Still I need input for my former question: is there a tutorial how to make street lamps functional, so they effuse light at night?Thank you all for your support.

fantozzi

From left to right - Setra "Alltours", reworked Volvo9700 "Lufthansa", Marcopolo Orange repaint, Setra "Thomas Cook", Setra "SimCity Tours".

Click to enlarge

Simmer2

&apls

Im still waiting for the bus/s to show up.... ;D

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

The new buses look really good!

There was a tutorial floating around about how to attach the Maxis high-wealth glow and other lightcones to a lamppost model using the reader, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. I believe it was by either jeronij or deadwoods, but it was years ago and a google search returns nothing. You might have to use the light cones in the BSC packs as a compromise if no one else has it bookmarked....

Edit: found it, it was by deadwoods...here. I knew I hadn't completely forgotten: https://community.simtropolis.com/omnibus/simcity-4/bat-lot-editor-tutorials/creating-custom-working-light-props-r57/

As for the building, I would take a look at Ill Tonkso's stuff. He did a lot of round and low-rise glass offices buildings...otherwise even the ingame advanced research center could fit the bill (maybe  :D )

fantozzi

Thank you Matt, for excavating the tutorial from the depth of the web. It sounds complicated, but often it's because english isn't my native tongue. Well ... atm I don't understand much.

Small update. What would be mass tourism without a kebap stand? Sometimes it's kebap, sometimes it's kebab. Seems there is no rule on how to exactly spell it.

Andreas

Looks like there's quite a bit of kebap kompetition on that parking lot. ;) And I guess we need a German "Döner" stand as well. The "Kebap" in "Döner Kebap" is often omitted here, like "Pommes" or "Fritten" for "Pommes frites" (french fries).
Andreas

Simmer2

Don't forget that I also made a news kiosk (nitelited), news boxes, banners, fire hydrants, pop machines, ticket machines, curb bollards and so on all in HD. Look in my Mega Packs.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Your order Sir - with spicy sauce or without spicy sauce?

paddy0174

Ich hab ne Zwiebel auf dem Kopf, ich bin ein DÖNER, nur DÖNER macht schöner! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, but this is a little snippet of a party song in Germany. The translation is loosing a little, sorry:

I have an onion on my head, I am a Döner, only Döner makes more beautiful....
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Andreas

Hehe, the "Döner-Song" came to my mind immediately once I saw this little kebap booth. :D

Not so spicy sauce for me, please!
Andreas

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on October 14, 2018, 04:29:33 PM

Click to enlarge

Is this Buslot somewhere to download from? Damn, that's Good Stuff!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

fantozzi

Quote from: mrbisonm on October 17, 2018, 10:11:07 AM
Is this Buslot somewhere to download from? Damn, that's Good Stuff!

Fred

Thanks, but not this way - so busses doing the one way road never will get in.  :D  First I'll do the props for my "mass tourism project", then I'll do the lots.

But if you can't wait - nos17 did some nice bus parkings with his textures already here: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31359-nos17-streetside-parking-ssp/

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on October 17, 2018, 10:51:17 AM
First I'll do the props for my "mass tourism project", then I'll do the lots.

But if you can't wait - nos17 did some nice bus parkings with his textures already here: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31359-nos17-streetside-parking-ssp/

I'll be waiting.
Thanks
Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mattb325

It's great to see all of the new props you are batting. Keep up the good work. They are really top-notch  :thumbsup: &apls

A Doner Kebab stand is always welcome: especially at 3am on the way home from a boozy night  :D

fantozzi

What would mass tourism be ...

... without the famous Moose Bar & Grill:

At least in SimCity.

Tyberius06

Really nice work on these! I like these kebab stands, I can't recall actually to many actuall kebab restaurants in SC4, however they are growing like mushroom in the busy city centers at least in Europe. In the middle of Budapest I know there are a lot of them in nice w2w areas... Vieanna, Munich I remember they are the same in this aspect.

Anyway I like this project of yours!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

What would mass tourism be ...

... without the famous Möwenpick Diners?

Möwenpick, a swiss diner chain was founded in 1948 and became well know in europe when they builded many diners along the highways running from north to south, connecting germany and italy, where in the late fithies and sixties germans loved to travel and occupating the mediterranian beaches in summer. Möwenpick offered fresh and light food, salads, mediterranian dishes, ideal for travellers. The diners mostly could be found in airports or near highways.

Behind the Möwenpick diners stands the Möwenpick Group, a big swiss food label Möwenpick (known f.e. also Möwenpick icecream) which started in 1978 to renaming all their diners into "Marché", making it sounding more french. Instead some few diners did remain under the original Name "Möwenpick" and were slowly build up to be high class restaurants.