• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

No new update, sorry. Was disloyal again and spent the whole weekend outside ...

.. enjoying the colors of autumn ...

... but also watching strange folks...

.... an angry woman called Medusa ....

... a fishy river God being after a young naked lady ...

... and another woman, wearing nothing else than a lot of wheat in her hair and calling herself Ceres.

fantozzi

What would be mass tourism without ...

... the "Tasty Wok"

And what would be mass tourism without ...

... a beverage van?

Tyberius06

Ah, those are nice!
By the way, are those food vans yours, or you found them on the internet and brought them to SC4? I'm asking, because I'm missing general delivery van props (3,5t), like Fiat Ducatto Maxi, Opel/Vauxhall Movano, Mercedes Sprinter etc.. from the game. And that food one is very similiar to them, but this one is BOXed, what I'm looking for is not.
Anyway nice work on these props!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

fantozzi

Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 24, 2018, 10:35:39 AM
I'm asking, because I'm missing general delivery van props (3,5t), like Fiat Ducatto Maxi, Opel/Vauxhall Movano, Mercedes Sprinter etc.. from the game. And that food one is very similiar to them, but this one is BOXed, what I'm looking for is not.
Anyway nice work on these props!

- Tyberius

Yes, I take my models from the 3dwarehouse or Archive3D. The beverage van should be an older model of the Renault Master:

I think I have only boxed models atm. But there is a nice 3,5t transporter by Vnaoned in the vip car pack vol. 1

Tyberius06

Ah, thanks! I was always confused with the VIP car props on STEX and the VIP car props on LEX.
Definetelly the LEX version doesn't have Vnaoned cars in it, but I recognize the girafe cars... However I don't know if they are identical or using different IIDs...
Oh, yepp, that transporter is quite good. I used to be driving a VW Transporter T4, matter of fact that was my first car what I was driving after I got my licence. :D

Thanks!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

mattb325

Looking good! For the tasty wok roof, I would definitely use something like Tar-paper. Those shingles would leak like a colander on that flat roof section   $%Grinno$% But it's good to see these little filler pieces. The game still needs so many more  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 24, 2018, 11:33:26 AM
Definetelly the LEX version doesn't have Vnaoned cars in it, but I recognize the girafe cars... However I don't know if they are identical or using different IIDs...

My solution was to download all the french car prop files and datpack them into a single dat. If IDs would be different datpacker would keep them, if IDs are the same, datpacker would skip the duplicates. But I can't remember anymore what datpacker did report.  &ops

fantozzi

Okay, so I changed the rooftextures of the Tasty Wok ...

.... but what would be mass tourism without some smelly restrooms?

Andreas

The ladies' room certainly is busy... ;)
Andreas

fantozzi

Not much to show  :(

Changed the roof of the mid sized restroom, made some potted plants and some clothes collection containers (correct english word?)

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on November 16, 2018, 08:12:24 AM

Changed the roof of the mid sized restroom, made some potted plants and some clothes collection containers (correct english word?)

Here in Quebec and Ontario (Eastern Canada) we call these "Clothes Recycling Bin"

Nicely done.

;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mattb325

Looks good. I think maybe these might be the first clothes recycling bins made for the game   :thumbsup: While a very small number of public restrooms have been made before, it's good to see you batting these. They are such a stinky part of every city-scape  :P

fantozzi

But what would be mass tourism without an ample assortment of glittering fountains like ...

the "HappyHippo Fountain", the "Small Aphrodite Fountain" or the "Andalucia Fountain"?

Or the "Good Emperior (Penguin) Fountain"?

And even the famous "Hugh Hefner Memorial Fountain", so big and long:

And for cities with underaged majors even in a censored version:

mattb325

Heff would be happy.  :D The water texture you have used is really good...very convincing for gmax  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Okay, inside the game the Hef-Fountain will be named Nymph-Fountain. People skilled in art history may know that there is little diffference between a classical nymph and a modern playmate. One could even say playmates are daughters of the nymph.  ::) The only difference is in ancient times they were holy spirits nowadays they are less holy objects of erotic industries. But, well, some people even call playmates still "goddesses".  :D

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Something completely different:

Getting some inspiration by Korver and a poem from austrian poetry-legend Ernst Jandl, I spent the last days shaping a soldiers cemetery, released here:

The peom by Enrst Jandl is called "Vater komm erzähl vom Krieg." (C'mon father tell me about war)

I'd like to do a translation in english. But there are two major problems. First the language he uses isn't written german but a very familial, slightly austrian slang. It's like a country bumpkin talking, a naive but friendly person, hail-fellow-well-met, close, naturally, avoiding the high sound of artistic language.

But on the other hand the poem has a rythm like the drums on a galley, in fact like marching troups or a hammer on an anvil. This contrast of a friendly country bumpkins language and a marching rythm makes the poem great.

So I invite everyone to take part in the translation and make it better.

Vater komm erzähl vom Krieg

vater komm erzähl vom krieg
vater komm erzähl wiest eingrückt bist
vater komm erzähl wiest gschossen hast
vater komm erzähl wiest verwundt worden bist
vater komm erzähl wiest gfallen bist
vater komm erzähl vom krieg

C'mon father tell me about war
C'mon father tell me how you were conscripted
C'mon father tell me how you fired guns
C'mon father tell me how you were injured
C'mon father tell me how you fell
C'mon father tell me about war

I think the rythm is easy, because of the constant repetition it becomes automatically repetitive, marching. But I can do only written english and this is wrong on this poem - it looses all the laconicism of the reduced language of the dialect. The verb "wiest" f.e. doesn't exist in written german it means "wie du" (how you). So he really say something: "C'mon father tellma how'st you shoot" Something like this - the dialect's phonetics invade the written language. You know what I mean? Well if someone could bring the right slang into the poem I would be happy. So if you want to give a helping hand feel free to post your versions of this poem here. Thank you!

Let's call this a promotion campaign for my latest lot, okay? So it's still on topic I guess?

fantozzi

What would be mass tourism without the famous Piazza San Giovanni in Laterano?

No ... just kidding. Not the whole plaza, only the OBELISK must satisfy the touristic Sim.

fantozzi

Shure signs Major Fantozzi came up with a winter depression are:

- he wants to discuss everything
- he crabs epic
- he hates his own creation.
- his plans and thought loose direction: what today is a yes tomorrow is a no.

So! I don't like the foundatons of all the fountains I made so far. Because of the stone and brick textures I used, they look so blurry. I will redo them with simple concrete:

Second Thing: a brief roadmap

My "Via Appia Project" lost a little the goal - or maybe I lost the goal of this Project. So I decided to split it up in two parts.

FIRST I will make a big prop pack with all kind of "street/city elements, which, hopefully will become a basic mega prop pack. If you are interested to add this or that prop having a lonely life un your hard disk - regard my pack as an open house. Or maybe my stuff should go into some other mega pack? Maybe we could throw all our things together into a new BSC mega pack? Only limit: I won't include idustry stuff - it should be strictly residential/office oriented street elements/beautification stuff. Go for Simmer 2 San if you need that dirty industry.

SECOND the Via Appia Project will be uploaded seperatly as a set of lots making use of the new prop pack.

I have no timeline but I can't finish this for christmas - the progress is extremely slow and my RL if is a big mess. Maybe around easter 2019 there will be both?

Lately some very interestng things happened with great relevance to my future projects. These are Simmer 2 prop packs and a set of harbour cranes issued by Linus van Pelt recntly. Those props together screaming to me I should redo my harbour project - by the time I did I was very limited (just looking on those props I got many great ideas to make things better, bigger, steampunk. I think now with all the brilliant work by Simmer 2 - it will be possible to create some kind of "Mega Seaport Mod". The only remaining problem is, I don't understand how the custom seaport controllers (pegasus/bsc) work so I can't create working seaports for now. But as there is already my Rural Docklands Expansion (RDE)  - with some help this could be finished until christmas 2019.

fantozzi

Don't know if I'm the only one using gmax, but in case - I use two slim boxes (the lower one can also be a plane, doesn't matter) and two textures to create the water texture. So I can easily vary pattern (offset, turning etc.) and also color (opacity of the upper box) and give variation. Also thanks to the transparency of the upper box you'll get a shadow on the corners which adds depth to the water surface. Sometimes I put some specular effect/colour on the upper box. Well, like most of those things, it's a question of playing around and finding a good result.

I'll attach the two water textures in case you want to experiment yourself.

Tyberius06

Hi Fantozzi!

First of all I really like the idea that you wish to create a mega prop pack with all these stuffs what you've showed. These new fountain and statue/sculpture and bus and other props are really nice and will be really usefull for others (like me) in future projects.

Second:

QuoteLately some very interestng things happened with great relevance to my future projects. These are Simmer 2 prop packs and a set of harbour cranes issued by Linus van Pelt recntly. Those props together screaming to me I should redo my harbour project - by the time I did I was very limited (just looking on those props I got many great ideas to make things better, bigger, steampunk. I think now with all the brilliant work by Simmer 2 - it will be possible to create some kind of "Mega Seaport Mod". The only remaining problem is, I don't understand how the custom seaport controllers (pegasus/bsc) work so I can't create working seaports for now. But as there is already my Rural Docklands Expansion (RDE)  - with some help this could be finished until christmas 2019.

Same here. I'll plan to totally revamp the Heretic Seaport Set, for exactly the same reason (phase 1: give some facelift to the existing set. Phase 2: creating a Heretic Seaport Set II. with new stuffs). Angry Mozarts railcar and truck props, Simmer2's wonderfull industrial stuffs, the LvP Cranes etc... there a bunch of new stuffs. And I have the same plans regarding adding new seaports to the existing controllers. Well or something like that, but I have the same problem, lack of understanding about how those things are working. :)

Anyway I can't wait to see more from your projects! They are really awesome! :)

- Tyberius

romualdillo

Quote from: fantozzi on November 28, 2018, 01:31:40 AM
Don't know if I'm the only one using gmax

You're not alone...  :D

Looking forward to your props!! Don't worry about reviewing, revisiting or redoing your work. The only person you shall completely satisfy wih your props is yourself. Sharing or not sharing is optional.

Keep on going, Mensch!  &apls