• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantozzi's Lotting Adventures

Started by fantozzi, March 01, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

My final words  :D

For a good mayor, step by step, this is possible even without CAM.   &Thk/(

c.p.

It will be a challenge to build up the necessary demand to plop the whole complex (which could be a good thing  :) )

fantozzi

Even more good reason to have all the MattB325 reward buildings in your plugin folder.
;D

EDIT:
Maybe solution is to provide different versions for CAM/nonCAM users and even an EYECANDY version for pure lovers of big flare sticks and dense smoke and acute spasmodic laryngitis in the kindergardens?

fantozzi

From left to right/south to north:

Maserati Quatroporte, Kia Sportage, DAF LF55 (Kühne & Nagel, RIVIT EXPRESS, generic grey)

(click to see details)

Note about the car props:
I'll need them for the parking lots to add variety to the SHK cars, which we see pretty often. Later the BASF props will be merged into the upcoming street mega pack. So you can be ashured the street mega pack isn't abbandoned I'm even working on it while I'm working on the BASF project.

fantozzi

()what() What kind of car the BASF chairmen should drive : ()what()

A) Volkswagen Phaeton
B) Mercedes CLS
C) Bentley Brooklands Mulliner
D) Audi A8

(click to see details)

mattb325

From the choices above, I'd say the bentley....however, if you wanted to invite a potential law suit, you could make him drive one of the mad max type cars:

fantozzi

Renault Master warning lights (BASF, generic, ADAC [german roadside service])

Volkswagen Transporter No.5 (generic blue, DB Cargo, Mario Repair)

Peugeot Boxer (generic red, generic pipes, generic ladder)

Bonus: diesel compressor trailer (declined, not to use standalone)

Bentley Brookland Mulliner (swanky overscaled)

(click for details)

fantozzi

:crytissue: ... the real thing has 20 flare stacks and the highest is 140 meters. They have 3 own (gasturbine) power plants, mainly to cover the high electricty needs but also to produce hot steam.

Let's face the truth - I had a stupid idea. I'll try my best but I'll never get close. It's like to pack an elephant into a bicycle basket.

c.p.

It's not a stupid idea at all. $%Grinno$% Maybe just focus your enthusiasm on small pieces, and work on a little bit at a time.  Over time it will build up to something great.

fantozzi

Truck trailer to match the BASF tanks

Iveco Stralis truck cabin, white and blue, rendered in a zillion of angles.

Mitsubishi Kato NK500 mobile crane on the road

Mitsubishi Kato NK500 mobile crane in action

(click to get some details)

manga rivotra

It is clearly a huge project in which you started, but the results are already excellent when I see the quality of your PROP.  &apls &apls &apls
I suppose also you created the textures to make the T crossroads on the basis of Rivit Street: they are sublime !
Keep it up, you'll have a masterpiece on yours hands. :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Quote from: manga rivotra on April 14, 2019, 02:19:27 PM
I suppose also you created the textures to make the T crossroads on the basis of Rivit Street: they are sublime !
Keep it up, you'll have a masterpiece on yours hands. :thumbsup:

No, no! Thank God the force is with me. And the force is represented by Master Rivit and by Master Simmer2. They are so kind to contribute to this project with their extraordinary jedi-batter skills.

That's the pressure! Imagine: they contribute to this project and the result ...

mattb325

I think you are doing a splendid job  :thumbsup:
If I were to take on such a behemoth of a project, in addition to breaking it up into parts as you have done, rather than go for a strict recreation, I would look to replicate the 'feel' of each area. There is a language and a rhythm that exists within all built structures. If you decode that language, feel and rhythm, you can actually take huge liberties with the lot and still have it resemble the real thing.

fantozzi

Jesus! They say they have 2900 kilometers of pipes in use. The entire Federal Republic of Germany is only 875 kilometers long. How do they do that?

The original dimensions of the follow map is exactly 400 x 1111 pixels and show the plant:

Which gives us a mystical coincidence because a few minutes ago this did happen:

So what does this mean? A secret message?

Andreas

That must be some secret message alright... ;) Awesome work on the props, those really look fantastic! If I had to find a "hair in the soup", I'd say the dark blue frame of those BASF trailer tanks is a little oversaturated - the other colors are fine, though. As for recreating the BASF facilities in all details, I agree that this would be a mammoth task, so go ahead taking some liberties and shrink the whole thing to a more managable scale that is compatible with the SC4 scale. :)
Andreas

fantozzi

Thank you. Yesterday I was a bit lachrymose.

But speaking of simplifying things ...

... the layout still causes me headache. Appriaciate your opinion on the northern part.

First this - i puzzled together a map from Google maps that will serve me during lotting. Please have a closer look how rail is running and therefore my first layout was wrong as rail hat to run through the water of the port in the north. So the northern east part must be without connection to leave it open for the next project (redoing the R.D.E).

Next my new layout with some changes: now with small functional police, fire and power plant lots and the north-west part turned into a giant freight station. Therefore overall lesser jobs.

And now about the rail:

I won't do the thing diagonal, as also the tank props and facilities and the gantry cranes etc. had to be diagonal - too many external dependencies would be of no use. So only way here is to make the cargo transfer terminal 90 degree.

Now my first attempt was to make a curve and eun the rail for a while and then end it on the lot.

A

But this eastern part of the rail running lengthwise with the river and then stops doesn't make much sense.

So I thought - to simpify thing, why realizing this track on the lot (as in RL) , when it makes much more sense to have the train running BESIDES the lot:

B

But then ... if this is the simplified solution also the layout with the two northern lots making a L-shape upside-down, espiecially the long narrow layout of the "Cargo Center East" suddenly isn't needed anymore in that shape.

So both solutions aren't 100% RL. But which one is the better one?

Or maybe something else how the rail layout should be realized?

fantozzi

Apologies – I'm making a mess.

Changed again the layout. Now, again, it is - estimated - 64 tiles long. I can estimate certain thing - f.e. how much space I will need when I come up with 12 parallel rail tracks etc. - but then, when lotting, sometimes I change idea because I don't like the visual aspect of the result.

But this layout imho is far better than the first ones:

So the rail instead going nowhere or (wrongly) to the east now it will leave correctly to the south.

So I guess it will come close to the original layout:

This picture was taken from west to east - the same as my sketch. On the upper you can see how the rail get's close to the water/docs and turns quite sharp to the right.

Simmer2

Look in my Modular Itermodal lot. I made custom RRW textures for it and see what you could use.

Or you could also look at my Hump Yard texture set. I made those as overlays.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 15, 2019, 09:41:28 AM
Look in my Modular Itermodal lot.
[...]
Simmer2

Dammit! I wasn't aware of those. The intermodal textures are indeed exactly what I need. They are excellent.  &bis&

Sadly it seems the gantry rail is part of the texture. They would fit much more situations if the gantry rail was a prop you could move to fit different gantry props.

Hm. Maybe I should do some BASF gantries for your set? It's too nice and too helpfull to skip. Ah ... pain.   :shocked2:

Simmer2

Quote from: fantozzi on April 15, 2019, 11:28:20 AM
Quote from: Simmer2 on April 15, 2019, 09:41:28 AM
Look in my Modular Itermodal lot.
[...]
Simmer2

Dammit! I wasn't aware of those. The intermodal textures are indeed exactly what I need. They are excellent.  &bis&

Sadly it seems the gantry rail is part of the texture. They would fit much more situations if the gantry rail was a prop you could move to fit different gantry props.

Funny you should say that.....I made gantry rail props too and you will find them in my mega prop pack vol2...I also made gantry rail bumper stops.

Look carefully at my props. You may find a lot more than you think ;)

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________