• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 37 Release Candidate -- Discussion and Support Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 23, 2020, 06:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffryfisher

Quote from: thingfishs on May 14, 2020, 07:46:55 PM
I would have noticed if it was like that when I originally laid it out...it may have been laid with NAM 36 and this photo is with 37). Is that the issue - i.e. does it just need relaying with 37?
Choose the track tool and click on any of the old-texture rail. Is your rail all the new texture now?
Modding PC games since 1993 (back when we needed hex-editors)

Wiimeiser

Unless I am somehow mistaken, diagonal FlexRamps and DRIs do not exist, meaning ramps branching off diagonal RHWs require deprecated ramp pieces.

EDIT: I got a diagonal A1 to orthogonal MIS to appear by hovering the first piece of the FlexRamp ring over a diagonal RHW-4, but I'm not sure that's the correct one...

EDIT2: Found them both. But they're missing their Euro textures.

I have another problem: Joining orthogonal MIS to diagonal Road tries to pull a tile ID that doesn't exist on the opposite side, like the code was never written with the possibility of such a T-intersection in mind...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

roadgeek

I think I found a glitch in one of the RHW6S bridges and the RHW 8S bridge:

Wiimeiser

For some reason RHW-6S isn't appearing in the satellite view.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

metarvo

It seems as though the FARR-3 no longer works, at least as it did.  Did the drag pattern change?

EDIT: OK, I figured it out.  It requires the FLEX curve to get it started, then the drag pattern applies.  I suppose it does make it less likely to accidentally trigger FARR-3 in a situation where it might not be wanted (e.g. parallel DTR lines).
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

LucarioBoricua

It seems we have more missing textures at more distant zoom levels. Found an instance with a triple network cell: road/rail grade crossing under elevated rail top road.

Zooms 1 to 4 lack the texture:

Zooms 5 and 6 show the texture just fine:

xxdita

Is the documentation still the same as NAM36? read-first-nam36.html has a created date of ‎September ‎13, ‎2017, ‏‎5:30:08 AM. And I don't see any documentation with a more recent date.

dcsmycity

I recall seeing something in the new installer disclaiming that the documentation has yet to be updated.

Tarkus

It's included in the .zip file itself with the installer.  There's a 0-read-first-nam37-rc.html file in there which has pretty much all the stuff to know about NAM 37.  Aside from that, however, little/nothing has been updated as of yet.

-Alex