• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Request - Avenue to Bypass Highway Ramps

Started by writingliberty, September 03, 2007, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writingliberty

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I didn't see one for requests...

Was wondering if anyone with the skills to do so had thought about making a pair of single-sided avenue/highway ramps. I have seen many cases in real life (and created a few in game) where a highway has been put in and instead of cutting through a business district, it veers around, leaving an avenue as the main route through this district. Often, the avenue dead-ends into the highway at one or both sides of town with a 45 degree angle, often with the highway curving so that the direction leading away from town is the same as the direction the avenue goes on the other side of the junction. There are not (as it would be illogical) usually ramps that allow reversal of direction at this junction.

(Attached: Sample pictures of real-world version (at east end of El Cajon Blvd. (former US 80) in La Mesa, CA, at I-8) and current in-game workaround version using one-way roads. For the sake of clarity, the Greater Egg Harbor business district is off to the lower right in the picture provided).

jgehrts

Another example of this is in Ames, IA.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ames,+ia&ie=UTF8&ll=42.02373,-93.712864&spn=0.0234,0.057335&t=k&z=15&om=1

US 30 runs southeast, and Lincoln Way (one of the main avenues through the city) heads due east.  This is from the western edge of town, so there's still lots of farmland; pan east and you'll see how it runs through town while US 30 stays mostly south.