• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chemoito

Hi, i have installed this program but i cant run it, this is the problem:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
I need some help. Thanks :D

TWAK

Quote from: chemoito on August 20, 2011, 11:02:56 AM
Hi, i have installed this program but i cant run it, this is the problem:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
I need some help. Thanks :D
I have the same problem. I got windows 7 64 bit. I have been able to run cleantool on this computer before, but I am getting the same error. I installed both .dll files posted in this thread. I put them in the system32 folder

ScottFTL

Quote from: TWAK on September 23, 2011, 01:12:02 AM
I have the same problem. I got windows 7 64 bit. I have been able to run cleantool on this computer before, but I am getting the same error. I installed both .dll files posted in this thread. I put them in the system32 folder

It does work under the 64-bit version of Windows 7.  Try moving the required DLL files to the same folder where you have Cleanitol installed.

Gordon Dry

I got BSC Cleanitol TM 2013 from March 2 2013, but it doesn't recognize existing files.

I guess that the new version doesn't like empty spaces in filenames.

For example, the file BSC Essentials.dat is there, in root of ...\documents\SimCty 4\plugins folder - no doubt.

But the tool just says MISSING.

What is the issue?

Running x64, the dlls are in syswow64, running tools as admin, no solution found yet...

ScottFTL

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I just upgraded to the 2013 NAM version.  Cleanitol did locate a *.txt and *.exe file in my Plugins, but it is telling me that all of the existing dependencies are actually missing.  I did verify that Cleanitol is searching of the Plugins in the proper location and that all of these files exist.

wouanagaine

that's weird, I just tried the cleanupList.txt that comes with it and everything is ok for me :(

Can you make sure that the top of the display list show the correct maxis and plugins folder ?

Can you attach the cleanitol text file you're using ?

I'll investigate

Edit : find a bug, I'm locking LEX file until I got it fixed

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

The 2013.2 Version has been uploaded
Sorry for the inconvenience

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Gordon Dry

Hello,

thank you for the fix.

But now I found another issue, that is not a "real" bug but kind of a "wrong feature":

To make the work with Cleanitol easier I decided to set *.txt - files as "Open with..." and chose BSC Cleanitol TM.exe as a possibility (but not default of course).

Now, when I open a *.txt - file with it, it automatically does the "Backup now" process, not the "Locating files" process first (and only).

Could you change that behaviour?

That would be great.

Edit: and also it doesn't seem to use the "current.lang" (I renamed the german.lang to current.lang) - when "Opening with..." it defaults to english.

--

Edit:

Ah, another thing came to my mind...

Please allow Drag'n'drop so that the user could drag a *.txt - file to the main window (or the "Input file list - browse bar") so that the file is opened (and optionally checked with "Locating files" directly after).

wouanagaine

The new behavior is what the NAM team asked for to prevent people to 'forgot' to 'Backup now'

As for the others ideas, I may or may not implement them, as time is a bit short
I have a new version for NAM to do, so maybe I'll try to incorporate yours in it

New Horizons Productions

ScottFTL

The new version fixed the problem for me.  Thanks for the incredibly fast fix, Wouanagaine!   :thumbsup:

kormer

I'm getting an issue where Cleanitol is saying I'm missing all my files, but I can see quite clearly that they are there.  The file I'm using is the CAMeLot_StarterPack_Dependencies.txt and manually checking it appears I've got most of the ones it says are missing.  Version is 2013.2.

kormer

Ignore my previous post, it appears that there were some underscores in the files, but spaces in the cleanitol which I think caused it to mismatch.

littlefriend420

If come across an issue when running the Remove_List_BSC MEGA Props - Misc Vol02.txt it wants to remove pretty much all of my mod files, including a large chunk of files from NAM33. Is this right?

mgb204

I wouldn't recommend it, no.

Have you peeked inside the .txt file to see what it should be doing, this is very weird behaviour, suggests another file has been loaded somehow to me?

Ernestmaxis

Maybe you had the file twice in your plugin folder. That could case a conflict. Therefore it will be removed from olugin folder?

Sniffeh

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AMI have upload the BSC Cleanitol TM tool to the LEX here

It ships with a basic cleanitol file that will move everything not needed by the game on a BSC_Cleanitol folder under your MyDoc\SimCity 4

Press the '...' button on top, and select cleanupList.txt,
Press 'locate' to find if you have unuseful files. It will also tell you if you have the building as props from maxis
Press 'Backup' to actually move the files

Everytime you press backup and if some files need to be moved they will be moved to a subfolder of MyDoc\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol. the subfolder will be named by date/number of time you press on that date
It will also generate a report.html that you can read to see what have moved, and an undo.bat is also generated just in case you want old files to be moved again into your plugins

If you have downloaded latest SimGoober texture pack, you can use this tool with the shipped cleanitol file.

Why can't I choose the installation loacation? It won't find any duplicates in Progam Files or Documents because I install all my mods in the game's plugin folder.

Tyberius06

Quotebecause I install all my mods in the game's plugin folder.

Well, that's an issue... You should NOT install the mods into the game's plugin folder, instead almost all of the mods should go into the documents/simcity4/Plugins folder (the only exceptions are the *.DLL mods, like the extra cheats and the sc4fix - the dll mods can go into the game's plugins folder). So you can start moving and installing them into the proper location and after that the cleanitol will work as it was intended.
EDIT:
It doesn't matter where you installed the cleanitol program itself - it should be installed by the way into the Program Files or Program Files (x86) as that is an application/program/tool, and it's not a plugin.
It does matter, however, where you installed the plugins. By default they should go into the Documents/Simcity4/Plugins. The cleanitol is designed to check the Documents/Simcity4/Plugins folder (where you should have installed almost all of your plugins) as many of the actual cleanitol text files, that are listing the to be removed files also listing *.jpg/*.png/*.exe etc... extensions which are useless for the game and sometimes come with the uploaded ZIP files. But if you run it elsewhere on your computer it can cause serious issues with other programs, so that's why it is limited to locate files in the default location...

The creators of the Cleanitol tool luckily did make it sure that less techy users would not make irreversible mistakes by deleting essentials system files or essential files from other programs...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mgb204

Yeah this is a tricky one, because whilst I absolutely use the Install/Plugins folder myself, for regular users, it really isn't a good idea. I certainly don't put my main Plugins suite there, rather those fixes what are common to all my many Plugins suites I have (there are many).

Maxis never intended for entire Plugins suites to be located there, so neither did the creators of Cleanitol. Again, it's quite right to say absolute carnage could be caused with the wrong script ran in Program Files, the sort where you are formatting drives and starting your system over from scratch. Even in the less serious category, if you ran a script that clears out non-SC4 files in a place with all your photos/documents etc, in one foul swoop, you could loose a lot of data. Sure Cleanitol doesn't delete anything, it moves it and even offers a single script for restoring things to how they were. But there are scenarios where that may not prevent data loss.

So in essence, you CAN use the Install folder, but since this is an advanced/unintended method, you can expect little issues like this. Simple work-around, temporarily copy the contents to the UserDIR Plugins folder before running Cleanitol, then restore them afterwards.