• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tamorr

True enough... Although in my oppinion you could make the second one better with the one-way by using the roundabout right at those two intersections. It basically cuts the traffic lights to keep the traffic flowing... That's the way I see it.
   Ever try and put a Road roundabout in the first one near the avenue? That might be different... But it is the way I would go about it. :)  Either way I still lke the looks of them.
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Strategist01

Hmm, I see what you mean. I'll have a tinker tonight, and see how it looks, and post pics here :)

danielra96

i just made this
sorry for the size
another noob mistake :-[

dragonshardz

Strategist: I'll make an example and post here.

<watch this space>

dragonshardz

Quote from: Strategist01 on September 29, 2009, 12:28:20 PM
<!..snip..!>

<!..snip..!>

Your interchange is very good, but I think this one will get you the smoother, faster traffic-flow you're looking for while reducing congestion.

In yours, there are 4 intersections: the two road T's and the OWR/Road +'s. + intersections get congested pretty quickly, but the Roundabouts (anti-clockwise, might I add) remove a total of 8 stop points, reducing congestion and making traffic flow smoother.

It also looks a bit cleaner.

Strategist01

Ah, I see. I will implement in a city with more space :) Thank you.

Korot

Another note: Replace those EL-road pieces to and from the ramps (not the roundabout) with El-OWR, as the ramps themselves are one way, making the whole thing look more realistic.

Regards,
Korot

dragonshardz

Yeah, that would work better, wouldn't it?

Q-Tips

Could this be a more simple way to do it?
Well, i havent used maxis highway.

jackxu

sain bai nu

j-dub

@jackxu, another old style Maxis highway, almost looks like something you would see in Los Angeles, California.

@dragonshardz, if that is your picture below Strategist's, which version of the highway restyling mod was that? I had a texture variation something like that before, except with the Maxis textures, but with the wider shoulder, anyway, whatever that version is, I think the texturing was more eye appealing. I had been using cement instead of asphalt though, if that made a difference.

dragonshardz

It's Mtlnrn's HRS, asphalt+shoulder.

j-dub

Ah, it is the asphalt one, okay thanks, I'll just check my archived unused files.

MandelSoft

It's actually the V0.1 asphalt texture of the HRS
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Rady

Ok, so this is the first time ever for me to post a picture in one of these marvellous showcase threads. Her's my first (thus still far from perfect) pure RHW intersection:

Any suggestions are warmly welcome!

As the expert may discover without problems, there are two connections missing that would make up for a complete (all-directional) interchange ... but due to lack of professionalism in the city's road planing departement there's no space left to implement this     ???
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

zakuten

Sana`e: This is an ultra-compact interchange from one of my cities, with no realism at all. But hey, it works.

Eki-su: This intersection I've named "Five Tails", but.... yeah. It's gotta be absolutely horrible for safety. $%Grinno$%

Edit: I'd upload, but right now my stuff is wonky, sorry.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

j-dub

Heres a sort of avenue over a diagonal RHW 4 X. The ramps had to be altered to make room for shopping center.

Shadow Assassin

Just a practice run with the FARHW pieces. In the creation of this interchange, I realised that there were pieces missing... but perhaps in time for another release.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Earth quake

Ryan B.

That's just not fair.

:P

Nice work!