• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

I am impressed by all these interesections. Mine look so boring next to these.... :'(

I miss a very important detail, though. I pity the sims that need to find their ways in these spaghetti. Signs! Lots of signs.....
Don't misunderstand: I do not mean this as a personal insult. I know as good as you all do, that signing is quite an underestimated subject in the game. And I know that a lot of people worked on some solutions, but I fear that we have to live without the extensive signage that we would need in RL to find our ways.

Maybe all of our sims have route finding thingies? (What are they called in english?)

Ryan B.

Quote from: FrankU on January 23, 2008, 03:55:13 AM
I am impressed by all these interesections. Mine look so boring next to these.... :'(

I miss a very important detail, though. I pity the sims that need to find their ways in these spaghetti. Signs! Lots of signs.....
Don't misunderstand: I do not mean this as a personal insult. I know as good as you all do, that signing is quite an underestimated subject in the game. And I know that a lot of people worked on some solutions, but I fear that we have to live without the extensive signage that we would need in RL to find our ways.

Maybe all of our sims have route finding thingies? (What are they called in english?)
Are you thinking of 'maps'?  :)

As for the lack of signage, there's just not enough people who know how to make the signs to fill the demand for signs that is out there, unfortunately.

Lwito

Hi !  :)

here my custom highway interchanges between the circular highway/North 1/West A

Enjoy !

mightygoose

lwito i love that, its really cool.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

That's looking really great there, Lwito! :thumbsup:

Lwito

mightygoose and bat thx for your comments  :)

Here, my second custom intersections between Coastal Highway and 1st/10th Avenue  :P

Haljackey

Lwito: Your highways are awesome except for the fact that you convert them to avenues to make some connections.  There are some one-way ground highway connections in the NAM.  If you used them instead of downgrading it to an ave, it would look much better!
-Also, it would mprove the functionality of the network too!  Adding an extra lane in each direction will significantly increase speed and capacity (highway instead of ave)

Oh, and it looks like you are missing the asphalt texture for the Raised-road to ground highway ramp.  You can download the texture HERE.  Its only available on Simcities, so may need to have an account here, you will have to register before you can download it.  Make sure it loads AFTER the NAM

I hope it helps you out!

Best,
-Haljackey

Lwito

Quote from: Haljackey on January 25, 2008, 08:02:38 AM
Lwito: Your highways are awesome except for the fact that you convert them to avenues to make some connections.  There are some one-way ground highway connections in the NAM.  If you used them instead of downgrading it to an ave, it would look much better!
-Also, it would mprove the functionality of the network too!  Adding an extra lane in each direction will significantly increase speed and capacity (highway instead of ave)

:thumbsup: Thank you so much for your advices and tips, i hope to make more realistic my network connection  ;)

Haljackey

Lwito: No problem!  I hope it helps you out a bit!

Anyways, I have constructed my first COMPLETE interchange using the RHW-MIS.  Have a look!

Click on the images to view them in FULL RESOLUTION!

Here's what it looked like beforehand:

Here it is just finished.

A zoom-in on the southbound ramp.  A special lane was constructed for this ramp so it could also enter the highway without merging.

More pictures and info about this and other interchanges can be found in my City Journal (CJ) at Simtropolis (link in my signature).  It may be added to my MD here too!

Best,
-Haljackey

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Lwito

Fantastic work Haljackey  &apls I've dl the RHW + MIS but i'm waiting the new euro asphalt textures to use it  :P. See you soon for new custom interchanges i'm working on a new project actually : 4 Highway and 2 avenues intersections near my 2nd CBD  ;D

frdrcklim

whoa where do u get that fancy RHW? :o
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Jonathan

HalJackeys Pictures show RHW v20 which includes the MIS, You can get it from the LEX but you'll need the NAM 2008 Update

bat

Wonderful work on these new intersection, Lwito!

That is also looking great, Haljackey!

xmike1991

Roundabout Stacked Junction
Took me 3 hours.

j-dub

bat

Yes, that's really nice!!! Good intersection!

Haljackey

xmike1991: Nice job!  Thats the first time I've seen a 3-level RHW interchange!

The only thing that sticks out is the very close proximity of the ramps on the roundabout level,  This causes weaving, which is very unsafe for criss-cross traffic. 
-You could help fix this by adding a direct ramp from one highway to another (example, direct connection from the northbound RHW to the eastbound RHW, bypassing the roundabout). 
-You could also space your ramps connecting to the roundabout a little further apart. 

Anyways, I have a new interchange to show, but its more of a shot of the complex infrastructure nearby.

Click on the Images to view them in FULL RESOLUTION!

With buildings:

Without:

More pictures and info can be found in my City Journal over at Simtropolis.  You do not have to be a member there to view it.  There is a link to it in my signature.

Best,
-Haljackey

rooker1

Quote from: Haljackey on January 29, 2008, 09:44:32 AM
Click on the Images to view them in FULL RESOLUTION!

Why would I do that, the difference is minimal.  :D
Very interesting work on your transportation system.
Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Haljackey

Quote from: rooker1 on January 29, 2008, 10:07:34 AM
Why would I do that, the difference is minimal.  :D
Very interesting work on your transportation system.
Robin  ;)

The difference is not minimal.  The image you see here is compressed from its full resolution (1440x900) to comply with the site rules that state a maximum of 1024x768.  Viewing the full resolution image through the link I provided means no quality is lost due to compression, resizing or any image editing at all.

To quote from my MD (Mayor's Diary):

Picture Information:

NOTICE:  Please Read!

Before I post some pictures of my cities, please know that I strive for the best quality of my images possible.  Every picture from here on-in is not photoshopped in any way, and is taken directly from the game to show you exactly what I see in the game.  The only editing done is converting the .PNG file to .JPEG.

***IMPORTANT***    Also, please know that my pictures are COMPRESSED, and are NOT RESIZED! When you resize a picture, a ton of the image's quality is lost, and is shrunk to comply with SC4D's picture size limits (800x600 STRONGLY recommended for MD's).  Compressing the image retains the quality, but looks terrible when squeezed to comply with site limits.

But, I have found a loophole in this problem.  Each compressed picture displayed will be linked to the actual uncompressed, true image.  All you have to do to view the image in its FULL RESOLUTION (1440x900) is to simply click on the compressed image displayed in this Mayor's Diary (800x500).  The reason that the images are not 800x600 is because I present my pictures in widescreen (16:10 aspect ratio), making the image much more appealing for the human eye's stereoscopic vision.

Anyways thanks for the comment on my transport system!

Best,
-Haljackey