• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Looks very realistic, drswhat. It must be a pleasure to drive your highways. The eye candy drips from the picture.  :D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

Hal now that I got to see what those interchanges look like that I couldnt see awhile ago WoW, and your newer ones are looking real good...

Dan and Casper your guys are also very great tooo!!! Dan I love the plaza.....

OK here is some of my interchanges......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

dsrwhat316:  Wow, nice job!  Your ave overpass looks a little too busy, but other than that its a great photo!

Thanks Pat!  I am glad you can see my images now!

I really like your RHW system, its very unique to use both interchanges and intersections.  Oh, and with version 20 here, you don't always have to use streets to make an intersection any more, roads work too!  (Just so you know!)

By the way, I posted some new photos in the "A Compendium of Interchanges" thread earlier today if you want to have a look. 

Best,
-Haljackey

dsrwhat316

thanks to all for the comments!  ;D

here's a new one; not an interchange, but an intersection:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

xmike1991

how did you get the sidewalk to up against the curved road like that?

dsrwhat316

Quote from: xmike1991 on February 10, 2008, 12:29:54 AM
how did you get the sidewalk to up against the curved road like that?

i used this tutorial by metasmurf. it takes some time, going back and forth between the LE and SC4, but the result is well worth it.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

dogma555

hello all, here are a few intersections.. the last one is still opened for construction.

mightygoose

whats the beige glass building in the second picture???
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

Nice intersection there with the RHW, Pat!

Great work around that roundabout, Dan (dsrwhat316)!

Looking wonderful, dogma555! Nice work in the middle of the rivers! :thumbsup:

blunderclod

Largest interchange that I have ever built. Island Freeway 3 (IF-3) and Island Freeway 4 (IF-4) interchange just outside of the Foxtown community. The city's encroachment hasn't hit the area, but since the whole region is heavy populated, it won't take long.
This interchange was inspired by Los Angeles types where you have the exits and entrance ramps on side freeway accesses.
It's not completely done yet, but then, it never is.

CasperVg

That's very impressive! The slope for the overpass is a bit steep, but you can't really do anything about that, except making the intersection even bigger. Great work again.

Haljackey

blunderclod: now that's what I call a cloverleaf!  I also like the use of the Multi-RHW, one wide enough for a 1 tile median, the other not! 

Although I do agree with caspervg, work on the slope to make it even better!  Also, since you have room there, making the outer ramps streight will help improve the functionality and appearance of the interchange!

Best,
-Haljackey

Pat

OMG that is massive blunderclod wow

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Yes, great work on that there, blunderclod!

j-dub

Since I never saw this here, thought to show you mine. RHW over RHW flat underpass, not ave over ave, but RHW really over RHW :thumbsup:
See for Yourselfr
Pic too big, thats why link.

SusanMarie1956

The Transistion from Blunderclod to Susan Marie is now complete.
But I thank you for your kind works for the interchange. It has been rebuilt. Picture to come soon.
I did lower the bridge height by lowering the land for the underpass. Therefore, neither direction has a steep climb to do.
Also straighten out the outer rampways. Now the interchange is so big that it is next to impossible to get it all in one shot. Looks like I'll have to try one of those mossiac approaches to capture this.
One thing is for sure, there is no way that it can be made any bigger, it's already bumping on the side of a mountain and the edge of the bay.
One thing is for certain, traffic does flow smoothly by.

-Susan Marie aka Blunderclod
-Susan Marie

kassarc16

A little rough due to limits of SC4 but I think I did well.

This is the interchange between Interstate 5 (the highway), 41st Street (overpass), and Broadway (left avenue) in Everett, Wa. Not shown: horrible traffic. Unlike the Highway 526-Interstate 5 I tried (which I am rebuilding and will post), this one at least has all functionality working.

Haljackey

Great job kassarc16!  The only thing I would suggest is getting rid of the sharp 90 degree curves.  If those existed in real life, you can bet that there would be a ton of rollovers!  Try to curve them out gently!

Also, try using the ground highway-one way road interchange to make it look better, and the same for the RHW using the MIS.

Best,
-Haljackey

kassarc16

Well, it's definitely a WIP, but "function before form" as the NAM folks say! The only HUGE difference is the lack of SPUI (single point urban interchange) capability, and the soon-to-become-carpool exit.

Haljacky, as for the sharp curves, I agree about the flyover ramp. There just aren't enough puzzle pieces to make it correctly. The lower-left curves, near the road-oneway intersection ARE true to the real thing though, kinda. Speaking of, here it is.

Looking at that... I definitely think I've got some work ahead of me still. I was just glad to get the basic stuff done so I could move on. I'm doing all the major transportation stuff before most everything.

Which "ground highway-one way road interchange" are you talking about?

Edit: Here's the SR526-Interstate 5 VERY ROUGH Interchange. Once again, function before form. Lacks the 526 Flyover to North (bottom) I-5 due to game constraints, but we'll just say this was before they built that.

CasperVg

Looks great there, kassarc; nice grade seperation.

Some more from me; The overpass is a bit clogged...

And another angle: