• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Casper : that is an amazing cool clover leaves. Looking forward to see how you'll make the R4/St Denijs junction...

Jonoboo: the result shown is splendid!!! I'll have to try to get one too!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jonoboo

Meh!

sebes

Very well made!  Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

CasperVg

Thanks sebes, and splendid video jonoboo.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Earth quake

Simply splendid, It's very beautiful.
Excellent video. :thumbsup:

Anthony

mightygoose

yeah thats from january the fourth in the compendium of interchanges thread.... link in signature....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

A lot of wonderful interchanges there, @ all! :thumbsup:

j-dub

EEK! A traffic circle interchange. If you don't mind me asking, why are there stairs going up to the hwy? I would find that quite noisy, and breathing all the exhaust fumes, and cars zipping by. I do say though, that shoulder makes it look more realistic. So is just the overpass elevated, and the other parts ground hwy on top of a hill, or are those pieces that go next to el-hwy?

CasperVg

QuoteSo is just the overpass elevated, and the other parts ground hwy on top of a hill
That's what we call an 'embanked highway'.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mightygoose

and the stairs are for emergency/maintenance access..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Nique

Here is my UNIQUE one ;), sorry i have no full images of the whole intersection, but im still working on it ;)

Day/Night Air!

Day/Night Zoom!

Ciao!
Proudly developer of

Jonathan

ne0que: Nce interchange looks fantastic, and eye pleasing as well. Can't wait to see the finished picture, that is going to appear in this thread. ;)

jonoboo: Thanks for the video, good to see my first NAM work is being used. ;D

Quesh

Beautiful intersection of RHW  &apls

bat

Yes, a very nice intersection of RHW there so far, ne0que! Looking forward to the finished version!

blade2k5

Here's a few of my intersections.  They're nothing fancy or special, buit I thought I'd share them anyways ;)  I like using the Big Dig to tunnel under the aves, rds, sts etc etc and running my on/off ramps over long or short distances over the roads.  In dense areas this saves a lot of space and gives my sims easy on and off access to the highways. :thumbsup:

The first image shows a completed intersection that has trees instead of an ugly wall to act as a sound barrier and as an excuse to plop more trees wherever I can to add more greenery to my cities.  The final two images are from a city I just started developing very early this morning [around 2am before I darn near fell asleep at my pc :P ], and will be a high density zone.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Haljackey

ne0que: Looks fantastic!  Where did you get the props/lighting?

blade2k5: Very cool!  Its just too bad that you can's UDI on the highways because your using the big dig tunnels. 

dragonshardz

well you can just go around the tunnels via the MIS.

blade2k5

I don't use the BD tunnels for all my road access to the highways, just in the areas where I have dense zoning and room to place them.  For the high density areas, I use the maxis vanilla ground highways, for medium and low density areas I use the new RHW.  I've never actually used the UDI aspect of the game yet, though the thought of doing so has crossed my mind lately.  I do find the little blue UDI icons a bit irritating though.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

dragonshardz

there's a way to turn them off. go and run through the tutorials again if you've forgotten how.

and if you've forgotten WHERE thy are, they're in the Timbuktu region. The Rush Hour tutorial should do it.

~~Dragonshardz~~