• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nique

Quote from: Haljackey on March 18, 2008, 04:01:11 PM
ne0que: Looks fantastic!  Where did you get the props/lighting?

blade2k5: Very cool!  Its just too bad that you can's UDI on the highways because your using the big dig tunnels. 

I made them myself in the lot editor.

But im not happy about the base texture, and experimenting with T21 lots so i dont have to plop them anymore.
Proudly developer of

Mulefisk

Trying my hand at the new RHW.

What do you think?

j-dub

Looks like the stuff we usually see out in the country for real. Good job. That almost looks real.

Toichus Maximus

Quote from: Mulefisk on March 21, 2008, 03:09:01 PM
Trying my hand at the new RHW.

What do you think?

Looks AWESOME. I'd just recommend moving the gas station over 1 tile so as it doesn't make the nasty sidewalk on the MIS.

blade2k5

Looks good Mulefisk :thumbsup:  And you're not alone with that style of intersections, they are the same kind we have here where I live.  Here's a couple of samples of what some intersections look in my area.....

We have the long off/on ramps like here in this pic.....

And we also have the short one like the one pictured below.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

quackmofro

@Mulefisk: Yep, that's how it looks out in the country. It's usually large diamond interchanges. Excellent work!

BTW, where did you get the Valero with the highway sign?

Mulefisk

blade: Looks good. Especially that second one.

quackmofro: Thanks. It's been in my plugin folder a while. Search for valero on the stex and you should find it.

blade2k5

I like the second one myself, saves a lot of space in my dense areas for more important things like more zoning and plopping more parks/trees etc etc.

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

bat

Wonderful work on the RHW there, Mulefisk! Nice picture of that intersection.

Also nice work on the Highway, wwecruz!

Your intersections are looking very great, blade2k5! Nice use of the trees, too! :thumbsup:

blade2k5

Thanx bat ;D  I just love those trees and use them almost exclusively.

j-dub

Well I hope the ATL/ next NAM doesn't run into this problem. Notice how the traffic light comes up in part of the left turn lane, but thats actually not until both avenues without the middle lane are drawn to the intersection on the right. Turn lanes appear at all avenue 4 way crosses, but when this type of intersection is drawn at this angle first with 4 ways, the turn lanes aren't there because the one side is not the same center lane between, but split the odd avenue, to a fork, the turn lanes appear at the intersection, but the traffic light still shows up the way it does, regardless the direction of the split.  

Pat

J-Dub That intersection would cause any good sim to go mad lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Regarding Caspervg's excellent picture at the top of page 14 - where can one find those highway/road T intersections. I have the RHW/MIS and the latest Nam, but can't find them anywhre in there. Any help?

Quote:

dragonshardz

try looking in the TAB rings in the highway menu.

j-dub

Heres my 2 exclusives. I have a double right turn lane, left turn lanes for the road/avenue cross way, and modified traffic lights.

And for this one, you know how you can connect oneways straight to avenues, in this picture, its two one ways parallel, with the conversion to avenues in between where the intersection is, and you are able to cross that with another avenue, and this is the result.

Shadow Assassin

Just a boring, stock-standard interchange from a city with the RHW:

It'd have more stuff around it, but I only just started this tile.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

Haljackey

Oooohhh man that is just sick SA! :-[  I am drooling over those amazing asphalt textures of yours!  :thumbsup:

I can't wait for them to be released!  Best of luck with them!

Best,
-Haljackey

quackmofro

Beautimous interchange, and even more beautimous textures! Very nice, indeed. %wrd

CasperVg

I would call that intersection everything but boring... Great work, also anxiously waiting for the release  ()stsfd()
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube