• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

mightygoose: Wow...

I just hope a diagonal MIS-OWR transition was out there so you could avoid using the road curves and replace them with RHW.

Tarkus

mightygoose, now that is what I call an interchange.  That is absolutely amazing. :o  The forested setting is an especially nice touch, and everything is right to scale, too. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Haljackey on May 28, 2008, 05:35:11 PM
I just hope a diagonal MIS-OWR transition was out there so you could avoid using the road curves and replace them with RHW.

Think Elevated Diagonal MIS over Diagonal MIS . . .  ::)  Or Elevated Diagonal RHW-4 over Diagonal RHW-4.  I'd like to get things expanded to the point at which there's a viable alternative to OWRs.  OWRs actually have less capacity and speed than an MIS ramp, which actually can, in some cases, negatively impact interchange functionality.  If you're using the new NAM A and B Simulators, the RHW/MIS-to-OWR capacity ratio is 1.92:1.

-Alex (Tarkus)

jjune4991

kitsune: that is one cool intersection! i really like how you were able to utilize the smaller area!

mightgoose: wow...very, very, very, very big! i think there's probably not gonna be much traffic problems there...i would hope!

ok, so if you are on simtropolis.com (you haljackey) then you will have seen these two pics from this thread on that site.

here is my first completed t-section. i have those extra two exits as a sort of u-turn application. i thought it looked nice.

here is my attempt at a trumpet intersection. i really like how this one came out.

so there is my contribution!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

mightygoose

Quote from: Tarkus on May 28, 2008, 05:55:32 PM

Think Elevated Diagonal MIS over Diagonal MIS . . .  ::)  Or Elevated Diagonal RHW-4 over Diagonal RHW-4.  I'd like to get things expanded to the point at which there's a viable alternative to OWRs.  OWRs actually have less capacity and speed than an MIS ramp, which actually can, in some cases, negatively impact interchange functionality.  If you're using the new NAM A and B Simulators, the RHW/MIS-to-OWR capacity ratio is 1.92:1.

-Alex (Tarkus)

i did look for them first, i spent the first hour tring to figure out how to set up the middle cross, as there is no diagonal rhw - owr conversion or wide radius OWR curves...  road curves were like my 8th choice..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Tarkus

Quote from: mightygoose on May 28, 2008, 06:49:31 PM
i did look for them first, i spent the first hour tring to figure out how to set up the middle cross, as there is no diagonal rhw - owr conversion or wide radius OWR curves...  road curves were like my 8th choice..

Well, they're not in there . . . at least not yet.  But after seeing that interchange of yours, it may speed up the process of making them. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

MandelSoft

Mightygoose, that a terrific intersection that you have there.  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

warszawa

Oooh yes. ALL 3 intersections are looking the part Mightygoose my friend!

Awesomeness! &apls :thumbsup:

Alex
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

mthdscrd

this drives me nuts (pun intended).  I've made some great interchanges, but none of my sims ever use them... :angrymore:

Patricius Maximus

&apls &apls &apls
Awesome RHW stack, mightygoose. If I had more space in my region, I'd go and build one.

Anyway, here is one of mine that I posted over at ST:

Please post comments and/or suggestions.

jjune4991

very nice interchange patricius, but, how do your sims get to go up? i dont see the entrance to go, im gonna say, north? whatever direction it is!

v oh, right then!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

Patricius Maximus

I forgot to mention that in my post. Since there is no one commuting north, a north ramp was unnecessary.

CasperVg

Something from me, no RHW for a change, I find it tricky to use in hilly areas, but great for plains  :D

Close-upped
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

Looking good as always Patricius Maximus!

caspervg:  Nice job, but thats a rather tight turn to get to/off the highway for the ramps left of the overpass.

Anyways, I made cloverleaf today for the first time in about a year.  Because I hate the problems cloverleaves cause (weaving), I rarely use them.  However, it looks good in this area:

Click on the image for FULL RESOLUTION!  (1920x1200)

Best,
-Haljackey

Patricius Maximus

caspervg: Great use of the new NAM Highway pieces. I like your terrain  :thumbsup:

Haljackey: I use cloverleafs more often than you. They're fine for suburban/rural areas with a lot of spare land. Anyway, since you use urban areas in GTR, I suppose they're not good for your purposes   $%Grinno$%

I'll have some more interchanges later  ;)

Haljackey

Patricius Maximus:  Ya, cloverleaves are a rarity for me.

Anyways, while I am here, I have two more to show ya:

Click on the images to view them in FULL RESOLUTION! (1920x1200)

A very unique interchange I made.  It is very large due to the highway curve.

Another interesting interchange, again specially constructed because it is close to a river.

Best,
-Haljackey

Patricius Maximus

Nice job with those interchanges, Haljackey. Cloverleafs are definently a rare sight in the Greater Terran Region.

Speaking of cloverleafs, I have an RHW cloverleaf here adjacent to a young industrial area:

Cloverleafs of this type are rare in my regions, but Maxis Highway cloverleafs are more common, occuring in about 25% of my cities. On the other hand, virtually all of my cities have diamonds or a diamond variant.

Looking forward to seeing some more interchanges, including that turbine promised by mightygoose....

Nardo69

Nice Jobs with your interchanges.

I must confess I use quite often Maxis Standart or the European Exits from the new NAM, and I confess, I haven't use the RHW ...

Well, my focus lies on a different transportation system  ;) , but from time to time I create some interchanges I like - like this avenue interchange. It is a bit older and technically spoken nothing special but I still like it a lot:

Have fun!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

mightygoose

nardo very aesthetic  interchange there however it would be a traffic nightmare...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Haljackey

Patricius Maximus:  Very nice cloverleaf.

Nardo69:  A classic.  But like mightygoose said, traffic nightmare. 

Anyways, mightygoose's huge interchange picture prompted me to have a go at one myself. 

What's this?

Full photo coming soon!
(as soon as I figure out how to make a huge photo)

Best,
-Haljackey

Kitsune

^ That there is a Turbine I believe.
~ NAM Team Member