• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyXL

Here's an interchange I recently upgraded.

sim-al2

Great intersection! &apls I suppose the upper road is a state-road and not a limited-access highway! :o
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

girlfromverona

Quote from: BigSlark on January 29, 2009, 09:21:48 AM
My two suggestions are directional signs at the MIS-Road junctions and using broader curves in the MIS.

Thanks, Kevin! I've widened the curves and it does look much better. I'll have a look for some directional signs, too.

RustyXL: I really like that interchange! Good job.  ;D

Floydian

This one is basically one big interchange, but it has three focal points: With the overpass up to the left, with the avenue in the centre, and then with the rhw across the river. The ramp itself is RIRO to the two avenues and controlled access to the highway.

sim-al2

:o Insanity! :P I think that all directions are functional, but it's hard to tell.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Floydian

Except WB on the overpass to SB on the RHW, and SB on the RHW to WB on the overpass. The avenue can access NB on the RHW and vice-versa by going over the viaduct.

j-dub

JoeST

isnt that diagonal turnlanes? im sorry if I missed something :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

j-dub

Sadly, not really. This is just eye candy, and to see if 5 lanes could fit on a diagonal, without extra tiles. That is not to say the diagonal TLA-5 concept is completely out of question. It has not been canceled as of now, but thats road based.

io_bg

These turning lanes are great!
Here's some from me:

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Wowowow some amazing developments in this thread! 

RustyXL, excellent interchange pic!

Floydian, a very complex and realistic riverfront junction!

j-dub, one of the best pics I've ever seen from you!

io_bg, amazing work especially with that trumpet!

...Fantastic!   &apls

All the best,
-Haljackey

metarvo

j-dub:I honestly did a double take when I saw those diagonal turning lanes, j-dub.  Eyecandy or not, they do make real diagonal turning lanes seem like more of a possibility. 

io_bg: That's an interesting dog-bone variant you have in the last pic.  It starts out with a ground-to-elevated ramp and ends in an on-slope on the other side of the freeway.  This gives me some ideas.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Floydian

A crude but very functional cloverleaf (+1 ramp) between two highways set in place for upcoming rapid suburban expansion

Ryan B.

Real dangerous weave there.  I'd use a C/D system for that cloverleaf.

Haljackey

Quote from: burgsabre87 on February 02, 2009, 07:35:42 PM
Real dangerous weave there.  I'd use a C/D system for that cloverleaf.

...Or just get rid of weaving entirely.  Still, a very unique interchange Floydian!

metarvo

Here's my latest one.  It's really more of an overpass than an intersection, but it took some effort to build.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

pagenotfound

metavaro: That. Is. Genius.  &apls

i never wouldve though of that. GIves me some ideas.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Lwito

Just for fun, a FAR intersection, thanks to the NAM Team for their fantastic work  &apls &apls

By louistho

DJSun1981

Here I have an intersection with the new RHW: