• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grbac

Hey guys, I'm still new in all this but I'm learning. Just wondering is this possible. I've been playing but can't find a way but that's due to lack of knowledge of traffic system.
Hope I'm in the right thread.

Patricius Maximus

The interchanges here look nice.

grbac: I believe what you are looking for is a three-level stacked roundabout (CBRD description here). Such a thing is functionally possible in Simcity, although not exactly like that cosmetically. Here's a pic of my own type of that interchange.

I'll show some interchanges from my Patrician Showcase.

A cloverstack interchange, with beautitication in a rural area (sorry for the grid):

A volleyball interchange in a rebuilt ring road in Dioxia:

A trumpet interchange in an unrelated, completely new ring road:

Lastly, a parclo interchange with roundabouts and an RHW-2 connection:

Hope they inspired someone  :).

- Patricius Maximus

shaylan221

Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

grbac

Thanks Patricius Maximus, you surely inspired me as well and gave me some ideas. I see it is possible but only the functionality not the looks.

Just one more thing, those "RHW tunnels" are actually made with the ordinary road, because one cannot make an RHW tunnel, am I right? I read that in FAQ. And those tunnel entrances are just overhead plops, right?

Patricius Maximus

No, they are functional avenue tunnels. You have to use the avenue network.

grbac

Yaeh, that's what I meant, ordinary road, avenue. The expresion was not good. Thanks
What about the tunnel entrences?

Patricius Maximus

The avenue tunnel entrances are default tunnels: the highway tunnel seen in the post was the default highway tunnel.

grbac

Nexis4Jersey

Great Interchanges Everyone, RHW 3.0 has really changed the face of SC4 Forever  &apls

Heres a Classic "Jersey Jughandle" i did!

Hope you like it!   ;D

grbac

I don't get it, in this two pictures, is the RHW connection working? Doesn'tit have to have a "city connection"?

j-dub

I think in this case its just for visual, but traffic won't actually use it this way.

metarvo

That looks good, Nexis.  I'm not familiar with Jersey, so I've never seen an intersection like this one.  I assume that its purpose is to allow inbound drivers on the RHW to avoid left turns.  Am I right? 
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

I think it's sorta the left turn without taking a left actually within the intersection.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Descent

New User, new Region, new RHW ;)
Click the Pictures for Fullsize-View

A german "Autobahnkreuz":

And 2 more Intersections:

FrankU

rjaap

Nice interchanges!

Just like to show you mine.
A simple intersection in a suburb under development.
It was a real pain getting the slopes right  :-[

And without the trees and stuff so you can actually see the interchange:

Gaston

rjaap,
   What rock mod are you using?   It looks very interesting.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

jonno

Here is a rather elaborate intersection I've come up with.  It origionaly stated as a 'T' shaped intersection, but I realized that I needed a way to exit towards the new development on the top.  I added the tunnel and now it all works.  The best part is that the traffic actually flows like I designed it to.  It's not the most realistic but that's OK.  Still need some work on the jagged and steep slopes though.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5026/brockwayaug279801236991.jpg

EDIT by Andreas: Image changed to text link due to the size.

rjaap

Gaston,

it's the Aubracrock texture by TSC.

You can find it here:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6442.0

- rob

Gaston

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09