• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Great interchange, rjaap! You gave me a few ideas!
jonno, yours is good, too, but I think you need a slope mod.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

A200

Quote from: jonno on March 13, 2009, 05:59:41 PM
Here is a rather elaborate intersection I've come up with.  It origionaly stated as a 'T' shaped intersection, but I realized that I needed a way to exit towards the new development on the top.  I added the tunnel and now it all works.  The best part is that the traffic actually flows like I designed it to.  It's not the most realistic but that's OK.  Still need some work on the jagged and steep slopes though.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5026/brockwayaug279801236991.jpg

You need a slope mod badly  :thumbsdown:

But otherwise good  :thumbsup:

EDIT by Andreas: Image changed to text link due to the size.

jonno

Quote from: io_bg on March 14, 2009, 01:15:13 AM
jonno, yours is good, too, but I think you need a slope mod.

I was going to install one a while ago, but i was afraid of what might happen because almost all of my cities are built on slopes and i am afraid it might mess them up, or that it will make it more difficult to build on slopes.

danielra96

i was just toying around but...

nerdly_dood

I think a highway tunnel there is a bit unrealistic - an elevated highway overpass would be better - but apart from that your interchange looks quite functional and realistic. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Gaston

Quote from: nerdly_dood on March 14, 2009, 11:43:28 AM
I think a highway tunnel there is a bit unrealistic - an elevated highway overpass would be better - but apart from that your interchange looks quite functional and realistic. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with nerdly_dood.   The other thing that "catches my eye is the little cross roads just before and after the exit.   They seem redundant, for lack of a better word.   You have a "limited access rural highway" exit but traffic would just exit off to the access roads at the intersections.    I think just one or the other is needed.   Or perhaps the little roads across would be better as dirt streets.     Like you see the state police/emergency vehicles using here in the US.     But that is only my opinion.    Overall I like it alot.   

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Floydian

It looks like an experiement, so the roads really aren't aiming to go anywhere in paticular... But I agree, normally controlled access freeways don't have grade crossings.

A few of mine:
A nice RHW split

And a RHW/MHW split

Suburban diamond (note lack of any weaving on the onramps)

io_bg

Nice job, Floydian. You're getting better and better :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

danielra96

legoman786

I needed a compact cloverleaf and this is the smallest I could manage:

PS: I apologize for the size of the picture, I can't find the thumbnail link on Photobucket  >:(

EDIT by Andreas: Well, if you can't find the thumbnail link, use a plain text link instead. :)

Haljackey

legoman786:  Cool!  That's a classic!   :thumbsup:

jjune4991

very great small and compact clover.
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

girlfromverona

Floydian: I really love the curves in your first pic! Might have to try that one out myself. Well done.  :thumbsup:

louistsw

This is my first image in here $%Grinno$%

Sorry..
I edit it.

EDIT by Andreas: That's a bit large to embed directly - better use a link or a thumbnail version next time. :)
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

Nexis4Jersey

OMG , what a great use of both RHW & the New NAM  :) :thumbsup:

louistsw

Some new IC in my city.

I take this image with some mistake. There is car crashing ;D
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

A200

Quote from: Floydian on March 15, 2009, 09:46:32 AM

A few of mine:
A nice RHW split

How would someone from the connecting ramp go right onto the main RHW? there is no ramp connecting it... so they are forced to go straight into the highway and not in the opposite direction, if you know what I mean?

tcx

a very simple intersection. still lots to do here.

frdrcklim

Quote from: A200 on March 19, 2009, 02:34:41 PM
How would someone from the connecting ramp go right onto the main RHW? there is no ramp connecting it... so they are forced to go straight into the highway and not in the opposite direction, if you know what I mean?
Probably because there is no need for it. I also think it's to avoid being generic but we're pretty sure there exists ramps like this one :).
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Floydian

Quote from: A200 on March 19, 2009, 02:34:41 PM

Not quite... But I'm guessing you're referencing the lack of a North to East connection (The only one missing). This is both a case of it being difficult to make a visually appealing flyover (I need a curved "L" shape transition from ground to air), and that the main city is south (Via West), and both north and east are rural areas.