• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onlycoop

Not really a new intersection, but wanted to show off the props for the underside of it.
i'm working on making up props for a bunch of the ramps and inclines so that i can make
up what i need at the moment. Hopelly soon i'll release them as a prop pack with a few
lots to show how to use them. Hope you like and let me know what you think. They are
kinda simple right now but that will change as i go. This is my first real attemp to make
something for SC4.

darraghf

Hey, Great walls, but I believe someone has been developing them for some time over on Simtropolis, I'm not sure if they plan to finish them, but I sure would be interested in them
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

io_bg

Well, your first attempt for making things for SC4 is really good! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tamorr

I have to say I like the intersection very much, and the walls make it look even better are those rural highway along side the Avenue?
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

onlycoop

Yes that is RHW on the sides of the intersection. i used the 6lane to 2 4-lane RHW split and then used oneway ramps for shorten the ramp from the split. The rest is avenue puzzle peices

SusanMarie1956

Must say, I'm impressed with the walls and would definately use them.
-Susan Marie

tamorr

I thought as much. Well knew that some of it was the Rural Highway, but what I didn't know was it being a split from a 6 lane. Hmm... I really aught to mess around with RHW more. For the moment I have been trying other things, as there is so much that I have installed, but still haven't tried even half of it. Well maybe at least half, beyond the growing lots. I really should go through my directory and clean out unwanted things. Though I will be keeping most of it in just in case I feel like messing with this and that...

And once again great job on the Intersection modification.
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

sourdeaux

Quote from: onlycoop on May 10, 2009, 11:48:57 AM
Not really a new intersection, but wanted to show off the props for the underside of it.
i'm working on making up props for a bunch of the ramps and inclines so that i can make
up what i need at the moment. Hopelly soon i'll release them as a prop pack with a few
lots to show how to use them. Hope you like and let me know what you think. They are
kinda simple right now but that will change as i go. This is my first real attemp to make
something for SC4.

Hello!! Awesome work, I really like the way it looks. :thumbsup:
Sourdeaux

doorknob60

Ooh, there's one here on SC4D too? :D

Here's a high capacity interchange, with various pictures from pre-development to its current state :)

Original (actually, it was even less complicated originally, without the exits going north and south, just the two highways splitting)

With some development:

Current State:

Overview of area:

Over 9,000 cars travel each bridge every commute, so it's good that I split it up like that :)

I'll post more soon :)
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

Nexis4Jersey

Heres my Interchanges

Cosso River

Duguard Plains

~Corey

greenbelt

&apls  Great intersections.  I've recently become more active building cities.  inspired by dredgen and thundercrack?  (have to recheck that name).  Anyhoo, experimenting with all the new NAM stuff is loads of fun!?!  I would like to see how players use the FLUP pieces creatively.  i use them to go under PEGs canals... none of the bridges seem high/open enough to let large ships pass under.  How does one cover up the transparent and custom texture FLUP lots.  Mine won't allow trees, the new paintable textures or anything.  Just sit there as blank spots in my city.  I'll get some pics  [rushing off to photobucket]

Dexist

(the upper T - highway intersection is going in to a tunnel that  is going all the way to the other side of the city.)

sithlrd98

onlycoop: Looks very promising!As it appears that these are lotted , have you given any thought to t-21-ing them? Xyloxadoria was/is working on a similar mod and maybe between the 2 of you something could be done?Retaining walls for NAM

Jayson

ehbk2006

Great screens @ all.

Anyone tried to recreate this? Long link to livelocal

Btw it's the most dangerous intersection of Belgium.  :D ;D
My BAT Showcase: ehbk2006's traffic BAT's
My sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.
[RDY]: Veolia - Coal hopper + E189

WC_EEND

I might have a try at it :), to bad I live too far away to make real life observations :(
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

praiodan

Quote from: ehbk2006 on May 19, 2009, 08:32:25 AMBtw it's the most dangerous intersection of Belgium.  :D ;D

Sounds like you've already gained some expierience when it comes to dangerous intersections in Belgium  :D

ehbk2006

Yep, already driven it twice. The bends and interchanges lanes are really tight and short, if it's busy you really need to stop to give way to other traffic on the loops (which you can see at the images).  :thumbsup:  :-[

WC_EEND

this one could count as well, concerning danger:
http://maps.google.be/maps?utm_campaign=be&utm_source=nl-ha-emea-be-google-gm&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=google%20maps

it's the crossing between the E313 and E314 in Lummen, originally it had traffic lights, but now it has very strange priority rules and very short slip lanes, the Flemish Region decided however to upgrade the interchange (and make it safer)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ehbk2006

Lummen is the same as Chertal both are floating roundabouts.   :)