• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Quote from: ehbk2006 on May 19, 2009, 08:32:25 AM
Great screens @ all.

Anyone tried to recreate this? Long link to livelocal

Btw it's the most dangerous intersection of Belgium.  :D ;D

LOL! I've drive over this interchange last summer  :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Floydian

Wow that is a weaving nightmare. Did they really feel they would save money by only having the two bridges instead of four? The cost in cleaning up accidents would overtake that pretty fast.

We could build it if we can get a piece that turns 90 degrees (From 45 left of centre to 45 right of centre), whilst overpassing a 2 carriage-way RHW-4

Thats a mouthful!

doorknob60

A unique and functional interchange between a RHW-2 and a RHW -4 (transforms into RHW-6S for the interchange though).

Some other interchanges from the ST post that I feel like putting on here :)

Yes, this one has full access, and yes, that is a WIP MAPP :D

This one is messy but functional (I've added a few more ramps to it since this pic but too lazy to go take a new one)

Also messy:

Roundabouts FTW :P

The super overboard interchange I made. It was my first chance I had to mess with RHW 3.0 and March NAM :P I've updated it a bit since, but mainly just replacing some of the OWR with RHW-4 and MIS, nothing else.

Next time I get a chance I'll post updated ECD pictures (got some older ones on ST if you're curious: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=89089&STARTPAGE=46&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear#1545853)

Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

Dexist

hey where did you get that roller coaster in the 3rd pic ()what()

great intersection btw &apls, i like those "messy"ones &apls

mtg

riiga

Here's a RHW roundabout I made:

(click image for full resolution)

It uses lots of space, but it's very customisable with exits and such.

- riiga

dragonshardz

Looks good, though you could have just kept the center road elevated and let the pond be under it, there are underbridge pieces for that pond set.

Floydian

Quote from: doorknob60 on May 25, 2009, 06:45:49 PM
A unique and functional interchange between a RHW-2 and a RHW -4 (transforms into RHW-6S for the interchange though).

Maybe you had a purpose in mind, but is there a need for the two ramps that tunnel under the rhw 4? The main throughfare already deals with that traffic.

doorknob60

Quote from: Floydian on May 26, 2009, 06:49:44 PM
Maybe you had a purpose in mind, but is there a need for the two ramps that tunnel under the rhw 4? The main throughfare already deals with that traffic.
There isn't a need, but since the RHW-2 (which in this region is a freeway pretty much with only a few lights in some older cities) will eventually have a pretty good traffic load, they're there to avoid backups at the stoplight. The part that goes straight to the stoplight is meant to be more like an exit, but because of game limitations it doesn't really look like it. Anyways, sims should probably go through the tunnels if they're going through because the speed on MIS is a lot faster than on Maxis roads. Hope that makes sense  :)

Nexis4Jersey

Interesting Interchanges Guys  :P :thumbsup:

szergej279

May the Force be with you...

carkid1998

My word!

There is a large group of roundabouts  in a city near me but that is ten times bigger!
Sendona... Coming soon!

dragonshardz

I'd be needing more than just the Force and the Falcon to navigate that mess! Yikes!

MrSkyline

@szergej279 and carkid1998
I have seen such a group of roundabouts on my UK trip few years ago. I think there are  4 or 5 roundabouts together. It must be in the near of London. I don't know if it was Reading or Swindon but it was very crazy to see this for the first time   :)

MandelSoft

MrSkyline: I think you're referring to the Magic Roundabout:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MrSkyline

yeha that's it  ;)
totally impressive as well as these one
--> http://www.autosnelwegen.nl/asw/galerie/as123.jpg
Or one in the northern of Manchester M60/M62 Motorway

Jonathan

I drove on a thing like that (except the inside roundabout was much bigger) and it was horrible. Really there was too much traffic so as one mini roundabout got clogged the next one did and so on. Much easier just to have a normal roundabout and it takes less space, less white lines, and less signs there fore less money. There is no point in them and they have no advantages.

I'd get a map to show but I can't remember where exactly it was.

Jonathan

doorknob60

New one :)

Updated pics of ECD:

riiga

Nice ones doorknob60!  :thumbsup:

However, it looks like you need a slope mod.

dogma555

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 27, 2009, 04:59:03 AM
MrSkyline: I think you're referring to the Magic Roundabout:

This is NUTS.

I don't even think I'd know what to do.. I'd have to stop, get out of the car and ask for help.  $%Grinno$%