• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

@ShadowAssassin: I wanted to build something like that in my current region, but due to the lack of certain pieces (and textures), it was not possible so far... The bridge needs some more supports, but otherwise, it's awesome. :)
Andreas

darraghf

That Interchange looks absolutely spectacular, Shadow Assasin
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

ecoba

:o

Wow, Daniel, that is amzing, I'll certainly be going back to Euro style as soon as these are released.

Ethan

TEG24601

From the City of Richmond in the Tegville Metropolitan Region, of the United Tegian Republic, part of my CJ over at Simtropolis.

Ryan B.

Earth quake

delta9

ecoba

Good to see you back, Ryan (Ryan B.).

But, that is a dirty tease.

Ethan

K5

The intersection was made in long and slender geographical features though it was not more wonderful than the intersection that everybody made.  ;)
<a href="http://ow.ly/i/ci7" target="_blank">Owly Images</a>
<a href="http://ow.ly/i/ci9" target="_blank">Owly Images</a>

Floydian

Quote from: Ryan B. on November 24, 2009, 07:51:14 PM
I think that made me pee my pants! I must have that piece! I have been waiting for it for oh so so long! Please tell me when this piece can be mine? (Or at the least give me some specs on it so I can start designing interchanges for its eventual use)

Now I feel like that kid on youtube that got his WoW subscription cancelled.

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Floydian

Gah! I'm reeeeeeeeeeally hoping that it'll be ready soon (cmon New Years release!)

MandelSoft

Be patient, my friend. There are still some thing that require some work, like making new textures for old pieces, make proper pathing for some new pieces (some of them still contain dummy paths) and make the mod as  bug-free as possible. AFAIK, there is not even a release candidate for the RHW v4.0. So probablty it won't be ready before 1/1/2010, unless you want a bugged, unfinished mod.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Floydian

Quote from: mrtnrln on December 23, 2009, 01:46:16 AMunless you want a bugged, unfinished mod.

I'll take it! :D
Haha, the game is bugged enough as it is, I'm sure it'll be more than worth the agonizing wait.

DJSun1981

Intersection one:

Intersection two:

All pictures are from "Hallbach".

Dexist

Haljackey

Here is a very old junction of mine:

I don't know why, but it has a charm that we don't see too much of these days.  Interesting concept, eh?

j-dub

Dexist, there is a way to make that more diagonal, but it appears you did not leave enough room to allow the diagonal road ramps from the roundabout, the other issue is, instead of RHW, because the pieces do not yet exist, you would have had to use diagonal OWR, but that can not drag it to the diagonal RHW, it involves rail over OWR, and rail over RHW, puzzle piece manipulation, which is too complicated and lengthy to explain here.

While I am here, I might as well post something, I know a bunch of SC4 players have wanted to see, red lights after the avenue intersection, and real American styled avenues.

See? After the intersection, the Maxis lights could, and did work on the second tile, provided the stop point on each side. I will have to video tape this later to prove my point. I did not notice cars stopping on the second tile, so long as they were commute generated traffic, and also, its the same intersection, and the light is usually timed the same length.

Also, in concept:

You may also notice in my pictures, streetlights on the sides of avenues, with trees in the middle. Someone requested that, Interstate80 provided, and they actually look like American avenue streetlights, the Maxis ones do not totally reflect that. Great idea, however the mod did not seem to go to the sc4 exchange sites. Until I got that mod recently, I do not think I have seen the avenue T to road draw with the traffic lights positioned that way before, but I can not back that up, all I know is, it does work.

dany10000

Here ther's a modified trumpet intersection made with the RHW mod.

The idea of the commuters ways is the following.

I think that there aren't any important pieces of the mod to create complicated intersections, but in my opinion is very much better than the maxis ones. ;)

jackxu

WOW, it looks GREAT! And the photoshopping is also AWESOME!
And here comes mine:

sain bai nu