• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDuell

Quote from: Tarkus on March 07, 2010, 12:02:27 PM
Hehe . . . I hadn't included the textures and had actually forgotten about the EMIS going over the MIS at the base of that Ground-to-Elevated transition . . . so really, we're at 6 features here.

Does this statement include the MIS textures as well?
It seems to me that they've broadened a bit. The MIS splitter also looks as it's been modified (smoother curves).

RHW3                                  RHW4
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Tarkus

Quote from: McDuell on March 07, 2010, 03:18:40 PM
Does this statement include the MIS textures as well?

Yes, it does.  The entire texture set has been redone from the ground up for Version 4.0, in fact. :)

-Alex

[Delta ²k5]

Airport- / cityhighway intersection in my newest city :thumbsup:

still many work to do... god bless the software graphicsmode in sc4 (cause I'm using 7 :P and a Nvidia card)

Gaston

Delta,
Something seems amiss about this intersection.   If you cross the highway you switch sides of the road.   Suddenly you are changing from LHD to RHD or vice versa depending on which version you are using (Left Hand Drive or Right Hand Drive).   So unless this is the border of two countries that have different systems,   There is gonna be one hellava wreck.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

j-dub

What Delta posted, is a prime example where you need the new, never before released diverging diamond piece.

emgmod

Or you can make one using One Way Roads. It takes up a lot of space, but it works.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Gaston on March 13, 2010, 04:14:32 PM
Delta,
Something seems amiss about this intersection.

No, It's some kind of a supercollider :D *joke

Well, I fixed the intersection... I also had a plugin problem (left- and righthand plugins were installed %wrd ).

Now it's looking like this:

Edit: Another one

Some kind of special design :P

doorknob60

Quote from: Tarkus on March 07, 2010, 12:02:27 PM
Hehe . . . I hadn't included the textures and had actually forgotten about the EMIS going over the MIS at the base of that Ground-to-Elevated transition . . . so really, we're at 6 features here.

Nope, that's actually just the RHW-2/Dual MIS Splitter that's been there since Version 2.0, and it's connected right into to a Road/RHW-2 transition.  It looks like there's a Road coming right out of it probably because the Road/RHW-2 transition blends better with the new textures.

So there's one left . . . and it's very, very well disguised. ;)

-Alex 

Is it where the straight section of MIS merges into the diagonal one? I've ALWAYS wanted to do that, and unless I'm forgetting something I've never been able to...
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

Tarkus

Quote from: doorknob60 on March 17, 2010, 08:03:02 PM
Is it where the straight section of MIS merges into the diagonal one? I've ALWAYS wanted to do that, and unless I'm forgetting something I've never been able to...

That is indeed a new feature for Version 4.0, but I think someone caught that one already.

The "hidden feature" is still hidden . . .

-Alex

citybuilderx

Multi-lane RHW intersections/interchanges look the best in my opinion. Great work people! &apls
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

Nucleofiel

I have a list.

-RHW-2 smooth curve (90 degree)
-El-MIS smooth curve (flexfly, haljackey called it that way)
-The straight MIS connecting to diagonal MIS (by the soundbarrier)
- There is the transition from ground MIS to elevated MIS in the center. Where the elevated MIS (that comes from the EL-MIS smooth curve) going over the first part of the starting piece called Ground MIS to Elevated Transition ON. That i coudn't get working in 3.0.

Is that it Tarkes?? Am I right? ()what()

emgmod

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a trumpet interchange with a nearby interchange. I detect potential for a lot of weaving.

Nego

Nice use of the Wide Radius Curves, spot

Is this the 6 hidden features:

-MIS merging into diagonal MIS
-New textures
-90 degree RHW2 turn
-90 degree El-MIS turn
-Successful EL-MIS over MIS
-(To the left in the second picture) is that a Maxis road going into a MIS splitter?

Working on a crazy interchange for you guys. I'll Post it here when it's done!  ;)

doctor25

high capacity 4 way interchange

seminole_fan93

This is an interchange that is featured my MD Republic of the United Constituencies of Okaloosa-Ocklawaha (RUCOO)

Check out my MD - United Okaloosa Constituencies -Updated 6/13/2010 - Roadgeekery + Map!

The weather forecast for today is a morning blizzard, followed by extreme heat with a lot of rain. Tonight, you can expect excruciating cold and wind. Have fun :D

figui

wow, very impressive!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Nego

Everything is going to be covered in snow. Then the whole place will flood. After that, it will all freeze, covering everything in a layer of ice! I feel bad for your sims, seminole_fan93. :D

MandelSoft

Showing off some new RHW features.
A4 exit 9: Caspere, basic layout:

And with some decorations:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

Looking good, Maarten! Those MIS curves and type-D exits really add to the interchange!