• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSC4

It's killing me to see these new RHW curves! I can't wait for the new release because the pictures look great.

canyonjumper

Oooh! Awesome curves and exits!
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nego

RHW v4.0 is going to be AWESOME!!! I can't wait.

Kevin1a

I'm a lifelong SC player, but it's my first time posting a picture.  I have saved quite a few that I'm proud of.  I wasn't intending to share this as you can tell from the ungrown zones by the roundabout.  This intersection is in one of my larger cities.  Massive low density residential developments on the other side of the river created hoards of commuters that had to drive significantly upstream to find a crossing.  Fortunately the subway and some GLR park and rides got a portion of them mobilized using mass transit, however the need for a bridge remained.  Development was right up the coast in the downtown area, so this bridge crosses directly above my central business district and the whole roundabout mess was my way of tying this mess together in a way that enabled continuous flow of traffic.  Yes, it was somewhat inspired by Swindon's magic roundabout.

Nego

Very nice.  :thumbsup: I'd like to see more pictures.  :)

Kevin1a

Here is another of my strange ring junctions.  Basically this area is becoming the divider between the high density seaside to the south and the suburban area to the north.  There is a lot of north.  I know bridges are expensive so I wanted to consolidate all of the small streets and side roads before crossing the RHW4 in the image.  I draw my inspirations partially from the hours of staring at England on Google maps :D.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Kevin1a on April 25, 2010, 05:26:11 PM

Gosh, look at the slopes at the left! I bet no car will ever get up those slopes. Try to use a slope mod.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

tag_one

Nice roundabout Kevin! I don't want to drive on it, but it looks great though  :thumbsup:

Nego

Nice pictures. ;) I see that you have some very busy airways. Very cool. :D Also, nice roundabout interchange and flora. Just want to point out that that one residential zone may be a little too big. &mmm

doctor25

thank u. :)

the 6x6 residental zone ready. they will build one of the HK towers. i almost never plop buildings it all growable so they always change the buildings.

canyonjumper

Very nice! Is that one of PEG's SkyFarms?

-Jordan :thumbsup:

Kevin1a

Quote from: mrtnrln on April 25, 2010, 11:49:27 PM
Gosh, look at the slopes at the left! I bet no car will ever get up those slopes. Try to use a slope mod.

Slopes are my weakness.  I am using a slope mod, but I could not form a connection using the slope mod.  The bridge just sits so much higher than the rest of the area, so I had to temporarily remove the slope mod to make those connections, otherwise all my bridges drag red.  I suppose I could accept your challenge and build some switchbacks leading up to the bridges.  That might be a fun project for a boring afternoon.  But first I want to build a small light rail centered community.  I went to a public meeting today for Colorado Springs' planned streetcar line, and I am all hyped up about it :)  To be 100% honest, I thought SC3000's treatment of slopes was easier than that of SC4, even though everything else in SC4 is better.  Can you build tunnels under a river in SC4?  I think my city is populated enough to afford this kind of massive public works project.

Nego

Here, try this tutorial. It's very helpful.
http://www.simcitycentral.net/knowledge/simcity4/how-to-make-underwater-tunnels/

By the way:

&dance Whoo hoo! This is my 32nd post! I am now a forums Citizen!!! ()stsfd()  &dance

jdenm8

A little boring RHW Open Trumpet (unless anybody else has a better name? mightygoose suggested this one) and surrounding suburbs.

The image links to a larger version.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

I wold name it a Half-Cloverleaf interchange
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

Very cool! :) I like how you put some residential areas inside of the loops. Great job &apls

cwhtly

Quote from: doctor25 on April 14, 2010, 10:08:22 AM

high capacity 4 way interchange

Doctor25,

Not bad on the routing.  Have you tried implementing this substituting 1-way roads with RHW overpasses and throughout, at least on the mainlanes, and got it to work?

canyonjumper

JD, great intersection! I like the residentials inside ;D

Kevin1a

@cwhtly  Good use of express lanes.  I wish I had the patience to wrangle the RHW into compliance like you.

@jdenm8  I like the soundwalls.  They add so much to the game when used on arterials, expressways and freeways.  I'm also glad to see the GLR connection and parking lot for the airport.