• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floydian

Quote from: doctor25 on April 14, 2010, 10:08:22 AM

high capacity 4 way interchange

Any chance of sharing where those awesome power lines came from? They look like they replace the game default rather than being the kind that go on flat ground only. I have a few nice terraformed expressways through foothills to post up soon.

Haljackey

I posted this in the RHW thread, but may as well post it here since it is an intersection.

Here's a video of a new RHW 4.0 interchange. Its a two level hybrid of turbine and windmill designs I think. I tried to use as few overpasses as possible to emphasize the versatility of FLEXfly, a new addition in RHW 4.0 that lets you curve a el-MIS network 90 degrees over ground networks.

http://www.youtube.com/v/sDSkSOVA6MI
Link (for HD and info): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDSkSOVA6MI

Overview image:
(Click it for full resolution)

RBC

I really, really love what you guys are doing with the RHW 4.0.  &apls &apls

Can't wait to see it in my own cities.

McDuell

I can't wait for the RHW 4 as well.  $%Grinno$%

Haljackey, it's always a pleasure to look at your interchanges, especially when you are teasing us with the RHW 4.  :thumbsup:

In the meantime, I might as well show some of my interchanges. Three of them are cloverstacks in different variations.

First, a plain RHW4-RHW4 interchange:

Here, I put the 'stack' underground:

A variation where one highway is RHW8:

Last but not least a variant of a diverging interchange where only one highway diverges. It's efficient because of the small deviations of the turning lanes, has a narrow footprint and features no weaving:

(all images are 1600x1000)

edit: corrected the links

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

newsimaddict

They look interesting from afar but the links don't open a large picture, just a thumbnail...

canyonjumper

Here's a rural RHWxRoad interchange for you guys. Detailing still in progress.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

McDuell

Quote from: newsimaddict on May 05, 2010, 07:10:45 PM
They look interesting from afar but the links don't open a large picture, just a thumbnail...
Thanks for pointing this out. The links should now work.  ;)

canyonjumper: Interesting setup with the frontage roads. I'm not sure it will work though, as I remember the diag. Road over diag. RHW having a pathing issue. Has this been solved?
----------------
----------------

Tarkus

Nice interchanges, everyone--I can't wait to see what you all do with 4.0 when it comes out. :thumbsup:

Quote from: McDuell on May 06, 2010, 01:09:39 AM
I'm not sure it will work though, as I remember the diag. Road over diag. RHW having a pathing issue. Has this been solved?

Yes, it has been.  It was fixed in the Version 3.24 Path Fix, and the fix has been incorporated into Version 4.0. :)

-Alex

Ryan B.

McDuell, those are awesome!  One suggestion I have is to spread the interchanges out a little bit, so that use can be made of those great smooth curves.  ;)

SeanSC4

Wait a sec. Did you guys get RHW working with tunnels?

McDuell

Quote from: Ryan B. on May 06, 2010, 06:17:36 AM
McDuell, those are awesome!  One suggestion I have is to spread the interchanges out a little bit, so that use can be made of those great smooth curves.  ;)

Thanks for liking my interchanges Ryan.  :)

Actually, I already made several interchanges with smooth curves in the past. Some of them were even made with RHW 2.x. As people normally tend to complain about the RHW interchanges taking too much place, I started to make them more compact while still trying to keep them look good. When RHW4 is out, I probably will redraw some of my creations to include the then available smooth curves.

Here are some older creations of mine. Sorry if there should be some which I already showed before. Several of them were made with RHW 2.x and never modified, so they might consist of some old techniques which aren't needed anymore. They aren't plain RHW either because of the limits which then existed.

RHW 2.x interchanges:
Two full stacks (ortho and diagonal)

Cloverstack (ortho-ortho and ortho-diag)

RHW 3.x:
Roundabout interchanges (4-way and 5-way)

These are about the most spread out interchanges (for their complexity) that I could find in my archives. Hope you like them.  ;)

edit:
Quote from: SeanSC4 on May 06, 2010, 07:08:59 AM
Wait a sec. Did you guys get RHW working with tunnels?
Do you refer to my pictures? The tunnels there are either One-way or Avenue tunnels which I connected to the RHW network. It isn't possible to make working RHW tunnels.
----------------
----------------

Ryan B.

Wow.  McDuell brought his A-game.  I'd love to make signs for those interchanges - them's beauties!

emgmod

If you have ever driven in Hawaii or played Test Drive Unlimited, you should remember this interchange near Aloha Stadium. Mostly because you got lost in it. I've completed 99% of it.

Click for full size.

CasperVg

I've been trying out RHW 4.0 too...

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Aldini10

Are there gonna be FAR pieces for the RHW v4.0?

canyonjumper

I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

newsimaddict

Caspervg - glorious work of the flexfly and rhw4.0. Simply stunning.
Emgmod - after seeing your intersection, I'm off to google earth to see this in detail. Great work!

io_bg

Here's my first interchange built using the latest RHW

;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

j-dub

While the previous interchanges are original, as always, Io_bg's is a first
QuoteHere's my first interchange built using the latest RHW
And first ever released NWM
:thumbsup: Oh yeah. This one makes a good first impression for that. It looks like it could be real, but I have never seen a setup like this before. The most eye popping part is the exit ramp flexing over the highway to the opposite side where it merges to the parallel road and directly at the crossing. This is a prime example of what can be accomplished with the new networks. In your face EA games! Glad you pulled this off all on your own. I am sure plenty more of you will follow suit and come up with a lot more interesting NWM related creations now. Io_bg did. How long did this take to build anyway?

[Delta ²k5]

I made a massive one... :

In the middle is a HOV lane... westbound of this one is also the following interchange which allows cars to shift the direction as there isn't an overpass:

The same thing is in the works eastbound :D