• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Floydian on May 13, 2010, 09:16:12 PM
By the way, which program do you use to take videos, Haljackey?

I use a program called Fraps. I also set SC4 to a custom resolution (1920x1080) to record in 16:9 widescreen then use windows movie maker to compress the video and add some music.

Nice junctions by the way!

emgmod

Quote from: Haljackey on May 13, 2010, 04:08:57 PM
Here's my take on the basketweave.
-snip-
And that is a triumph of ingenuity over recreating Google Earth stuff. It also seems as if I missed a few of the new interchange ramps. I'll be sure to post the interchange on that topic.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Haljackey on May 13, 2010, 10:19:14 PM
I use a program called Fraps. I also set SC4 to a custom resolution (1920x1080) to record in 16:9 widescreen then use windows movie maker to compress the video and add some music.

You can also use Hypercam. I use the unregistered, but free version of the program to record my videos. I used Fraps before, but that program causes my computer to Bootcrashes (computers crashes completly all of a sudden and restarts).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Nice interchanges, Floydian!
This morning I've been revamping an older interchange in my region... Click for full size (1680x1760 px)!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Girafe

Nice intersection io_bg

It looks so realistic and I like the french pannel   :D
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CasperVg

New interchange I just built. It connects two virtually parallel highways.

µ

edit: and a more evolved version of the same one..

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Cracks

I just might as well pop in from Simtropolis, not really a picture... but a youtube video instead! (an advanced sorry for when my computer has a fit when I try to zoom out in the tunnel) enjoy! Here have a flaming jumping green blob  &hlp ;)
cos I'm one of those guys....

If you want to watch it in full HD then follow this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1420PgZm0Dk (you know what to do next)

I assume picture size is 800x600?

... can you embed videos at SC4D?

Oh well... here are some RHW3.0 pics whilst I go make another video...

Here is the interchange for the village of Fringe:

And Here is Fringe in its small beauty:

(note the two interchanges :))

moving south east we come across Thalamus - a town.
sorry if its a bit dark - here have a torch %confuso
But first here is a tunnel going through some mountains:

and the Thalamus interchange:

and at day:
</td></tr><tr>
and the spur from Thalamus:

and another picture with blue on top of it!

BUT these pics are old - instead I'll film a video :)

McDuell

I like very much what I see here, awesome work everyone!  :)

I couldn't keep myself from trying some basketweaves myself. As the big ones are taken already, I decided to do a more compact version with fewer lanes:  ;)

With all the new features of the RHW 4.0, practically everything goes. Here is an angled Turbinestack:

A custom setup with a turning RHW6c:

And there is also a BIG interchange laying around which I haven't shown yet. It's been done with RHW 3.0, so I'll have a look at it again first if there are any parts which can be upgraded with new features. This is a small part of it as it is now:

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

SeanSC4

Those pictures are beautiful Floydian!   &apls

Haljackey

Quote from: mrtnrln on May 14, 2010, 02:00:51 AM
You can also use Hypercam. I use the unregistered, but free version of the program to record my videos. I used Fraps before, but that program causes my computer to Bootcrashes (computers crashes completly all of a sudden and restarts).

Odd, I don't have that problem.

I like using Fraps because it also lets you record in HD, something Hypercam or other free screen capturing programs do not do.

Quote from: io_bg on May 14, 2010, 02:12:16 AM
This morning I've been revamping an older interchange in my region... Click for full size (1680x1760 px)!

Cool, I like the use of the new type-D ramps! Looks kind of odd that the other sides doen't use them, however.

Those yellow light poles give the route a unique look, something I haven't seen before. Well done!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: caspervg on May 14, 2010, 06:13:26 AM
New interchange I just built. It connects two virtually parallel highways.

That's an interesting take on connecting parallel RHWs after looking at the basketweave pics on the last page. Nice work!

Quote from: Cracks on May 14, 2010, 06:22:00 AM
I assume picture size is 800x600?

Nope, 1024 is the maximum width of pictures here, with no (real) length limit. This allows for mosaics to easily be posted here rather than chopping it up into segments on other sites.

Quote from: McDuell on May 14, 2010, 07:45:16 AM
I couldn't keep myself from trying some basketweaves myself. As the big ones are taken already, I decided to do a more compact version with fewer lanes

Interesting take on the basketweave exchange. I like how you took advantage of the RHW-6S' new one tile width by putting a MIS right next to it. That makes it compact while still looking realistic.

That last pic is just insane.... Do you have a zoomed out version of it so we can see where everything connects?

Nexis4Jersey

I just did a simple Diamond interchange ...

itsacoaster

Hi everyone.  I think it's about time I posted in this thread.  I love the RHW and it is the #1 reason I love playing SC4.  I think I have some pretty decent interchanges made, but I have only scratched the surface of the features in RHW 4.  I warn you, though, I am a fan of "cheating" with the on-slope pieces in order to save precious space.  To make up for it my city invests in many "steep grade" road signs.   ::)  :D  So here are a few of my creations:

(Don't worry about the hotlinked images... I'm paying for the server they're on)

Here's one with the new RHW-6C exit piece.  And a cameo by the MAVE-6, heh.  (And evidently a texture error on the right.)

My favorite RHW is the 6C, because it is only three tiles wide (instead of four) and has a pretty significant capacity.  Now since the draggable-curve RHW-6C was released, using it in my cities is even more convenient.  Here we have a sorta-parclo-thing:

Finally, I had to try an interchange with the wonderful FlexFly piece.  I love all the new ways that the MIS can connect with itself.

I hope everyone enjoyed, and I welcome your comments.

CasperVg

Just had to have a go at a SPUI..

superhands

Caspervg you've inspired me to try a SpUI as well :P

deathtopumpkins

Wow, how very ...rural of SPUIs, guys! Though I thought the point of a Single-Point "Urban" Interchange is to be more compact.  :D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Haljackey

Quote from: itsacoaster on May 14, 2010, 08:03:28 PM
I warn you, though, I am a fan of "cheating" with the on-slope pieces in order to save precious space.  To make up for it my city invests in many "steep grade" road signs.   ::)  :D 

Looks like you have room in a lot of your junctions to plop those three tile ground-raised transitions. In an ascetic thread like show us your intersections, it would definitely add a lot to your creations. The junctions themselves look pretty good regardless, however.

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 15, 2010, 05:25:42 AM
Wow, how very ...rural of SPUIs, guys! Though I thought the point of a Single-Point "Urban" Interchange is to be more compact.  :D

lol!

Superhands, your junction almost looks like a mini stack interchange when I first looked at it.  :P

io_bg

Nice work, everyone &apls
Another one from me ::)

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

WC_EEND

that's an interresting concept Ioan :thumbsup:
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

fafalone

I suck at RHWxRHW interchanges:

Click for full size (2023x1786)

--
That piece does have a lot of potential:

CasperVg

Something 'special' I created. emgmod called this a "2 level roundabout dumbbell parallel highway interchange"...