• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

McDuell, the windmill is awesome. I hope you won't mind if I steal that interchange layout from you $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Quote from: Ryan B. on May 20, 2010, 08:14:48 AM
Wow.  That stack / windmill is just great.  I may copy & use that in some of my creations.

Quote from: io_bg on May 20, 2010, 08:32:07 AM
McDuell, the windmill is awesome. I hope you won't mind if I steal that interchange layout from you $%Grinno$%

lol, you copycats.  ::) :P

Here's an older junction I made with RHW 1.3a. It connects to an elevated highway. Back in those days, the MIS did not exist, so you had to improvise with OWRs and other junctions to create rather obscure highway-highway interchanges like this one:

More junctions like that in my archives page (link in my signature).

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

s_olah

Quote from: fafalone on May 17, 2010, 12:04:12 PM
I'm really digging the diagonal puzzle pieces and filler pieces. My interchanges still suck, but I'm able to suckify them in much more interesting ways.

Not exactly the easiest to use things in the world; these took hours. I suppose things will go quicker in time, if the reverting doesn't make me wipe the game off my disk first.

These are the most beautiful interchanges ever. How does one make those nice curves? I have the latest RHW but can't find that puzzle piece, or I have to drag it across? How does it work?

Tarkus

Quote from: s_olah on May 20, 2010, 12:17:38 PM
These are the most beautiful interchanges ever. How does one make those nice curves? I have the latest RHW but can't find that puzzle piece, or I have to drag it across? How does it work?

That's the FLEXFly piece--it's located at the end of the RHW Curves TAB Loop--if you hit Shift-TAB after clicking the button, it'll take you right to it.

-Alex

[Delta ²k5]

My newest one to connect Los Devils Int. Airport to my Region :)

[klick picture to view full resolution]

Ryan B.

Not bad, Delta - except the Diverging Diamond in the bottom part of the pic is supposed to connect with a RHW-4 on the sides, not a RHW-2.

Keep up the cool-looking work!   :thumbsup:

Kitsune

Well, I'm a person who likes to keep the highways realistic somewhat - as in, proper merge and exit lanes, not spacing my interchanges close together etc. So, when I had one wing of my ring road close to a major route thru the city, both had to be interchanged, and being so close together, this is what you get:

Once the ability to do a rhw-2 diagonal ramp comes along... that one really humongous loop will be shrunk down.
~ NAM Team Member

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Ryan B. on May 20, 2010, 04:18:05 PM
Not bad, Delta - except the Diverging Diamond in the bottom part of the pic is supposed to connect with a RHW-4 on the sides, not a RHW-2.

Keep up the cool-looking work!   :thumbsup:

oh, I see... will fix that soon ;)

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

the7train

Quote from: s_olah on May 20, 2010, 12:17:38 PM
What about the ground MIS curve that is shaped like a U?  Can we just drag the MIS to make a curve like that?  It's awesome by the way!

Floydian

There's also a 90 degree ground MIS piece in the same menu, though it is closer to the beginning (between the RHW2 and RHW6 stuff I believe)

Can the flexfly piece only curve to the left? Is it not possible to have the yellow line on the outside of the curve?

MandelSoft

Quote from: Floydian on May 21, 2010, 07:34:10 AM
Can the flexfly piece only curve to the left? Is it not possible to have the yellow line on the outside of the curve?
Blue Lightning is already working on that feature  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

TJ1

3 networks in one picture, its the same town in the last picture I posted. :P

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: TJ1 on May 21, 2010, 02:08:54 PM
3 networks in one picture, its the same town in the last picture I posted. :P

Nice one! Can I ask where you downloaded those railway crossing gate? It looks way better than the default ones! :)

kassarc16

Quote from: [Delta ²k5]
Nice one! Can I ask where you downloaded those railway crossing gate? It looks way better than the default ones! :)

I second that. I've got the gates replaced with a mod, but always wanted the overhead.

TJ1

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on May 21, 2010, 02:59:04 PM
Even though they are nonfunctional they look so awsome! :) I found the file on fileplanet a good while back, but I dont think they are there any more becuase of the low download rate.
Here is a link for it if its not on file planet.
AW man the link is gone &cry2. Oh well. Wait!!!!
the link is in my signature. ;D

[Delta ²k5]

Christianicus

Junction of King's Highway and Provincial Rte 7 south of Monrovia.  What do you think?  I am in the process of replacing all of my Maxis Highways with RHW.

Christianicus

And, this is King's Highway at the DDI for Bishops Row which traverses the entire city.  Also intersecting here are the Queen's Cross (heavy freight/passenger rail that covers the entire region) and the Red and Green Monorail Lines.  The trimmings for these intersections aren't complete, but the groundwork is laid.