• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menotyou

This is a region that I just started work on and so it has only one city.

Alfred.Jones

Awesome region views Wouanagaine and Menotyou :thumbsup: They both look awesome!

Sim City 4 Devotion

Frankie

very nice  :thumbsup: that's gonna be fun to build on..

DuskTrooper

A couple of older region shots (WARNING!  Large filesizes!)

http://www.tinypic.us/images/41987Mtkrjpeg.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7761/oxofrdprovince002js0.jpg

Please excuse the sucky region shot water (The water looks good in city mode, however) and the patchiness of the development in some places...
Disclaimer: Previous images do not reflect player's current calibre of skill.

Current region (Under construction, etc; Started Jan 1, 2007)

http://www.tinypic.us/images/60656Vidorshire.jpg
SC4, forevermore!

callagrafx

Quote from: DuskTrooper on January 30, 2007, 09:57:56 AM

Disclaimer: Previous images do not reflect player's current calibre of skill.

Damn, that's what I need to play this game, skill..Thought I was missing something  :D :D :D

Great regions and very surprisingly only a few skyscrapers from the Skyscraper Machine....we is impressed.  &apls
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

bat

Very nice region, Menotyou! &apls :thumbsup:

Wonderful region and city, DuskTrooper! :thumbsup: &apls

Alek King of SC4

Dusk glad to see you still playing the game i love your region building style, a great undersanding of just how much sprawl a real US city has, and if i am not tripping (and i may be) i think i see some farms in that last pic.

Giligone

Excellent regions DT!! :thumbsup: I stumbled upon that first region of yours back on ST last summer. I was blown away. The sheer size of that city still blows me away. How long did it take to build?

Alek King of SC4

well i can't speak for DT but i am sure however long it took, it would have been a lot less if the DAT packer was around back then  :D

DuskTrooper

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!  I hope others are inspired by my work. :thumbsup:

Alek:  Yes, those are farms.  I wanted to "complete" the "full metro look" for this new region.  The older two regions DO indeed attempt to sprawl out a lot; however, the new one is much more dense, and most of the mass so far is W2W, with sprawl/single family and light industry only on the fringes, like most modernized european cities.

Gilgone: I played Montaukshire on and off from the span of March 2005, to about June 2006. 
Oxford Province spans from July 2006-December 2006, and as stated, my new region of Vidorshire began on New Year's day (A new region for a new year ;D).
Furthermore, I could have sprawled Montaukshire more if I had not filled the entire blasted map with large city tiles(lag!  eeek!), and if I had cleaned/re-arranged my plugins folder back then (as I have now, complete with drag and drop modules). The DATPacker would have helped a lot, too!

Looking forward to more from everyone else!  :thumbsup:
SC4, forevermore!

Alfred.Jones

<insert open mouth smiley>

Those a massive!!

They are so well constructed aswell!!

Awesome work DT

Sim City 4 Devotion

Shadow Assassin

I know, I know. How many times have I posted this?  ::)

;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

NikNik

Great region shots all of you. I have not done so in a long while.

Wouanagaine, it is nice to see your cities like this. I immediatelly visited your site with mosaics.

Great stuff.

Nik-Nik

thundercrack83

Great region shots from all of you! The quality of the work around here is second to none!

bat

praiodan

Small region shot of an island city I've been working on recently:

Cali

ive been workiing on this region on and off for a while, nothing fancy
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Alfred.Jones

Amazing work everyone!! I don't have the patience to make a good region $%Grinno$%

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Great region shots, Cali and praiodan :thumbsup:

jacqulina