• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Grid Questions

Started by Sorengaard, March 12, 2008, 03:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

How do you get a multiple city size grid?  When I create a new region I am asked how big I want it to be by picking the number of the smallest cities for the width and length.  Then I wind up with a region with just the small sized cities.  Can I pick the make up of the grid in terms of the sizes of the cities?  Can I determine where I want them to be located? Also is it possible to move the bigger cities around to different places in the region then where they are located in an already generated region? I know there is a lock/unlock for cities but that is just for terraforming that particular grid or city I believe. Or am I wrong?  It doesn't mean you can move it around.  I remember reading somewhere where someone only used the small and medium sized cities because he didn't like the large ones.  So apparently it can be done somehow. 

Thanks for any help.  Steve

wouanagaine

Make a config.bmp the way you want in a new subfolder of your SimCity4\regions
then open that region

If you do not know how to make valid config.bmp, check here

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4