• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NUTs - a not so young LE and b.a.t. Team

Started by tooheys, March 23, 2008, 12:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Couchpotato

Ooooo nice lots and I wish you luck with the LEX candidacy.   
You shouldn't have any problem with dependencies if you choose the ones found here at SC4D.   It's nice to see new lots that
feature custom props.   :thumbsup:

Pat

My Revised guesses on the Chi Mansons

• 1.)  Paul
  • 2.)  Joan
  • 3.)  Dave

so yea there it is my revised guesses lol... Also good to here from you Joan and Paul!!!  I was begining to wonder if this was just headed up by one nut lol... So who is doing the logo by a chance and when can we get the Chi Mansons???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Bringing the pictures forward (where have I heard that before?!) :D:

The creators are
Paul, Joan and Dave in that order.

Congratulations, Pat. :thumbsup: Your NUTty prize is in the mail.

Your questions will require a team answer, and everyone must understand there is a huge time gap between our members. Right now, it's about 8 p.m. Wednesday here (central U.S.A.), 1 a.m. Thursday in the UK and 2 p.m. Thursday in Sydney. Dave suggested we reserve a table in central Siberia for our meetings, but the travel time is a killer!

Once again, congratulations and thanks for playing the game!

Soon...
Joan

Pat

whaaaaaat you mean I actualy solved a riddle for once woohoo!!!  thank you Joan and I do agree a trip to siberia would be a killer...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Lol, well done Pat, but don't get too excited, you haven't seen your prize yet  ;D

Well my storage yard hasn't made an appearance for awhile. It is now ploppable with jobs, which required a bit of a rework, but that's one more hurdle overcome.

Here's a couple of pic's.

Have to get rid of some of the red barrels, and I've rotated the office.

The bottom lot is the original (on a park base) and the top is the latest version. Still not quite sure about the new office placement near the gate.
Let me know what you think.

As for dependancies:-

BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol03.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol04.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol06.dat
BSC Mega Props - JES Vol07.dat
BSC Mega Props jestarr Vol02.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol01.dat
MAPP_SecurityKioskProps.dat
PEG_ChainLinkFence_RESOURCE.dat
jes_SugarWarehouseProps.dat
jes_family_industrials.dat

A rather large list unfortunately, but if you like jestarr's stuff it shouldn't be too painful as you will probably have most of his packs already. Anyway, I'll see if I can cut that back a little.

Look forward to your feedback.

Dave

Pat

Dave very good there!!! Far as the dependencie's there I think some of them have been merged to mega packs but that is my thought anyways....  So what do I win??? LOL....

Jmouse

I like the revised lot, Dave. Trucks entering should have to stop for an inspection before they proceed, and making the lot plopable with jobs is a real coup! :thumbsup: How is the cricket pitch coming along - looks like you have two sure-fire winners for LEX candidacy.

And I've just updated the Mouse House thread, so take a look. There's plenty of cheese to go around and not a trap in sight!

Until next time...
Joan

paroch

Hi Dave,

Yeah, I like it alot.  Only subtle differences but they work well.  Agree withyou that some red barrels need to go, or maybe just moved out of the main driving/manouvering area.  And I like the office where it is now.

The dependancy list, is as you say a bit long, but the vast majority of it is by one person.  Isn't the JES 01 and Jestarr 01 the same pack with a different name?

And I'd be interested to hear what stats you've given it jobs-wise and pollution-wise.  Also, how did you do the jobs?  SG's tuto?  Hopefully my hints helped and didn't send you in the wrong direction ;)

Great stuff, as Joan says, must be one for the LEX Candidacy.

Paul

jmyers2043

I like the second building placement. Perpendicular to the road.

First time visit to this thread. I very much like your loting ideas.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

paroch

Hi all,

For those of you who may be new to Lot Editor, we've put together a short tutorial on how to use Prop Families.  It's pretty basic, so those who have used Lot Editor for a while will probably know all this anyway.

Here's the linkie

Paul

tooheys

Thanks for the feedback everyone, have got rid of a few of those red drums. Won't show another pic 'cause its basically identical.

One question for you though, a lot like that, zoned IM, what level of jobs would you set. Its set at about 40 at the moment, In RL it would probably be 10-20, but what do you think.

Dave

rooker1

Hey tooheys, great looking lot.  As for the jobs, 40 is too high, I may even go as low as 10 only.  The list of dependencies is no problem, at least for me.  I don't think it's too many.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Between 10 - 15 would be perfect for that Dave!!!!

threestooges

The lot looks great and I would say 20 at the most for jobs. The dependencies are not bad at all and hey, if they don't want to download them, they'll have a slightly empty yard. Great work.

BigSlark

Run it through PIM-X with a low filling degree and see what you get!  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
KEvin

jmyers2043

Well let's see.

The Maxis "yard" is usually an empty industrial lot. It can have a truck parked on it or a dumpster. According to the SC4Tool it has 21 jobs. The Maxis burner which often sits all by itself on one of those yards has 6 jobs.

The XTool will tell you how many jobs the shipping dock will have. But it will not know about the office near the entrance. Again, you can run that through the tool to find its job count and add it to the total. What about all the other space? I don't think that I'd use the Maxis 21 jobs per 'yard' as my answer. But let's assume for argument that we want  or should have 2 workers per tile that is used for pipe, block, and bag storage.

Hypothetically speaking.
The shipping dock has 10 jobs
The office has 3 jobs
And each tile used as storage has 2 jobs per tile. I guess the lot is a 4X4 which is 32 jobs.

So the total would be 32+3+10 = 45 jobs for the lot.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Hey Dave I got me presssie tonight and Im going to play around with them some, I want to thank you for those wonderful lots and if you dont mind, could I show them off?

tooheys

Pat, ssshhhh, thats a secret. No, only kidding. Go ahead my friend, hey we won't knock back any free advertising  :D
For those wondering, as a prize for the little contest above, Pat got sent the beta (very) versions of the chi mansions.

You will notice that Paul will be missing for a week or two because he's on a well deserved holiday. Upon his return, we intend to have a look at making these into residential growables.

Thanks to everyone for their comments re the job No's for the storage lots, I was settling on around 20 then read jmyers comments which also made sense although two per storage tile might be a bit too much. Maybe I'll split the difference  %confuso. Anyway, the feedback has been great and has given me plenty of things to think about  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

Diggis

The 2 per tile probably isn't that high if you consider that the company probably hires a dozen truckies, plus a few receptionists, store managers, forklift drivers, plus the boss, his wife (who is always doing the books) and his old man who built the company up and can't quite retire so everyone humors him.  $%Grinno$%

tooheys

lol, when you put it that way it all makes sense  :D Don't forget the 3 sons who probably haven't done an honest days work in their entire life  ()sad()