• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

And now for the miracles..?

Started by HandsOn, April 25, 2008, 06:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Seems this topic is begoming "my" regular hangout: and what I am asking today may well require minor miracles.

1) While helpful at times, mostly the grid is a nuisance. Thus my query: would it be possible to switch it off? I mean, the various mod squads here have done wonders that would make Moses look like an amateur, why not this, too?

2) Is there a mod or DLL that reports regional details at the regional view? Something akin to the Census Repository - a very nifty reporting tool, even if the attached tower tends to get in the way (a townhall, park, or statue, similar to the CAM counter, would be so much more appropriate)?

3) Is there a true shore-confirming seawall? One that does not require extensive terraforming but really goes with the flow of the coast?

I'm just asking, you know..  ::)

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on April 25, 2008, 06:54:45 AM
1) While helpful at times, mostly the grid is a nuisance. Thus my query: would it be possible to switch it off? I mean, the various mod squads here have done wonders that would make Moses look like an amateur, why not this, too?

Ehm, do you mean the grid in the game?
That's very simple to turn off, by pressing the G key (not the point)! :P
All such shortcuts are listed on the back of the booklet that came with the game! ::)

2) Is there a mod or DLL that reports regional details at the regional view? Something akin to the Census Repository - a very nifty reporting tool, even if the attached tower tends to get in the way (a townhall, park, or statue, similar to the CAM counter, would be so much more appropriate)?

Not that you can view in the regional view...
But maybe Sawtooth's Region Census v0.8 would fulfil your needs?

3) Is there a true shore-confirming seawall? One that does not require extensive terraforming but really goes with the flow of the coast?

All seawalls require precise terraforming/levelling before placing.

HandsOn

So, in this case G stands for me being Generally stupid (RTFM -read the fine manual - which I rarerly do, I have to write them for a living)

Thanks, I'll give that a shot - the census, I mean.

And as for the seawalls, I feared as much. Bit of a bummer, to terraform - again - this late in the game..ah well, here goes another bottle of midnight oil..  $%Grinno$%

Edit: Lest I post tooo many questions: here's another one. Are there any replacements - anywhere - for that ugly dirt-brown thingy Maxis wants us to believe to be a railroad tunnel entrance??

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: HandsOn on April 25, 2008, 08:46:38 AM
Edit: Lest I post tooo many questions: here's another one. Are there any replacements - anywhere - for that ugly dirt-brown thingy Maxis wants us to believe to be a railroad tunnel entrance??

This [Link] is the only one that I know of... Hope that helps

Sim City 4 Devotion

HandsOn

Quote from: Alfred.Jones on April 26, 2008, 01:52:08 AM
This [Link] is the only one that I know of... Hope that helps
Thanks a bunch - already DL-ed..  ;D