• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP] SCAG McDonnell Douglas MD-80 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, May 25, 2008, 12:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krbe

I hope will get an version both with an without a jetway? And maybe some 45 degree versions to do this?

simsmart

Quote from: krbe on May 28, 2008, 10:09:50 PM
I hope will get an version both with an without a jetway? And maybe some 45 degree versions to do this?
That would be pretty "awsome".

pilotdaryl

cameron1991: Awesome!!! $%Grinno$%
krbe: The MD-80 will not be rendered with a jetway, but due to advantage of custom LODs you may connect a jetway to the MD-80 without the 'jetway bug.'  You may also connect airstairs.  A 45 degree version with 45 degree airstairs is also planned... ;D
simsmart: Thanks!  Yes, that would be awesome.  But it would be a pain to create all those new textures from scratch... oh well, I like challenges :D
Welcome to page 2 everyone!  Not much news since I was a bit busy yesterday, but so far I've been able to finish engine supports and front landing gear:

Also, a new preview render without the diagrams for once:

She looks awesome!!! ;D
Main gear is coming up next!!!

sEAhAwk fAn121

WOW! that looks awesome pilot!  &apls &apls &apls
Can't wait to see it in the Mackinac Airways livery! :D

krbe

I second awesome. In fact, I just did an awesome dance in that awesome plane's favour. I've also started to plan a couple of small, awesome airports in my large, awesome region (modeled on the awesome Øresund region)   $%Grinno$%

EDIT: Just fixing so it looks a tad better than my seemingly drunk rambling a couple of posts ago  ::)

pilotdaryl

sEAhAwk fAn121: Thanks a lot!!!  Mackinac will look good in this ;D
krbe: Thanks! I'll be watching out for your region.  Btw, if you do complete your airports, make sure to show me! :D
Main gear is DONE!!!
Stage 1 MD-80 (basic structures such as fuselage, wing, etc.) COMPLETE!!! ;D

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

krbe

Quote from: star.torturer on May 30, 2008, 12:17:43 PM
That is looking super awesome

Nah... It used to be super, but that's almost 26 years ago... :D

pilotdaryl

Some of the details are making the MD-80 start to really look good:

star.torturer: Thanks!
krbe: Ok, so you mean it is more than super awesome? :D

cameron1991

Its looking even more awesome with update!  :D
Keep up the good work Pilotdaryl!  :thumbsup:

krbe

Quote from: pilotdaryl on June 01, 2008, 06:10:11 PM
krbe: Ok, so you mean it is more than super awesome? :D

Oh, yes, but they actually used to call the plane itself Super--the Super 80 to be precise. Alitalia still calls it that, and even on airliners.net it's MD-80 (DC-9-80) $%Grinno$%

sEAhAwk fAn121

Quote from: krbe on June 01, 2008, 10:14:37 PM
Oh, yes, but they actually used to call the plane itself Super--the Super 80 to be precise. Alitalia still calls it that, and even on airliners.net it's MD-80 (DC-9-80) $%Grinno$%

American Airlines still calls it the Super 80 ;)

wow! That's all I can say pilo! Super detailed there man!

simsmart

I can prepare the lot stats. Once the plane is propified you will jsut be able to copy and paste the lot properties onto the lot of your choice.

zero7

Great work on the MD80.  I know how hard it is to do this - even with a blueprint to work from - from my attempt to make concorde.

For anyone who wonders where to get some blueprints to work from, I find this site to be one of the most useful for all sorts of vehicles.
Call me Richard

jmyers2043

Hello PilotDaryl

You seem to have the basic shape of the plane down. Good Luck with the small details and textures.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

pilotdaryl

cameron1991: Thanks!
krbe: Thanks!  Hah... I like to call it the MD-80 :P
seahawk: Thanks!  Nice to see you here! :D
simsmart: Thanks... I'll see if I'll be able to do this project solo, but if I need help, I'll be sure to ask!
zero7: Nice site!  I used diagrams from the Boeing site; they have diagrams of all their plane models, with dimensions.
jmyers2043: Thanks!
simsmart: Hmm... I've been working on 777 textures, my CJ, and not to mention this trijet concept I've put together from the 777:

I'll get to work finishing the MD-80.  Sorry for the delays. :-[

allan_kuan1992

eh... any updates yet? It's been nearly a month since the last update. As well, I'd like updates of both your 777 and MD80 projects if possible please. =)

- Allan Kuan

pilotdaryl

Oh yeah, I forgot to announce it here.  I'm very sorry but my computer has been infected with a virus that causes problems during system startup.  I'm fixing this right away so that both 777 and MD-80 projects can continue as usual.  It wouldn't be fair to lose this much work.

SimFox

hm... I'm a bit puzzled...
do you say that this is a Boing 777??

:o