• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking to identify these icons..

Started by HandsOn, April 16, 2008, 06:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Back with another (inane?) question - two actually:

Can someone identify where the icons in the two park menu examples come from? The first image is a series of traffic blockers. The second image shows empty texture lots (I've actually plopped four, but the top-left and bottom-right do not show any textures).

I want to remove them from the plug-in folder, but search as I might (Vista Explorer searching sucks), I cannot locate the associated DAT files. They maybe part of a mega pack, off course. If so, how do I remove them from my already stuffed menu - if that is at all possible?

Thanks for your help.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

RebaLynnTS

I have not seen these before, so not sure where they are, however, if they turn out to be in a mega pack, you can simply open the dat file in the reader, delete the lot exemplar (and possibly the building exemplar for the lot), re-index, rebuild directory, and save.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

jplumbley

The Traffic Blockers will be in their own DAT unless you have DAT Packed your plugins.  From the pictures is rather difficult to actually know which ones you've installed.  Your probably going to have to search for them in your plugins folder to remove them.

As for the ones in the park menu.  From what I can tell, maybe those are from a prop pack test lot.  There are some prop packs out there that contain a test lot for the creator of the prop pack and he/she may have forgotten to remove it from the DAT file.  To remove this you would actually have to search out that specific prop pack and remove the Lot, Building Description and Icon from the DAT to remove it from the folder.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

wouanagaine

I think HandsOn is looking for the name of the files

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Swamper77

The icons in the first image are from some lots that are on the STEX, which happen to be traffic blocking lots that block specific traffic types.

If he gives the name of the lot(s) from the menu for the second image, we might be able to figure out where the lots are from.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

HandsOn

I found the traffic blocker DAT: AllControl....dat, but the other's just show "Open Grass Lot" or some such in the menu, and that's like looking for a few straws in the growing heystalk

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook