• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I notice theres a cable stayed bridge for the elevated rail... but I cant seem to get it to show up. Has anyone been able to draw this out?
~ NAM Team Member

threestooges

Which bridge are you referring to? Is it showing up in the bridge menu (but the models don't appear when built) or is it not showing up in the bridge menu at all (possibly it has not yet been included in the NAM yet)?
-Matt

Kitsune

I got it to work... but it requires such a huge length to build its useless in urban setting medium tiles.
~ NAM Team Member

jdenm8

I downloaded the updated HSR bridges a while ago, but my existing bridges were rendered useless as the paths had disappeared. I play SC4 in LHD if that helps.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MR.Y

so I've seen that I can wish me some bridges here too?

I like the Bietschtalviadukt in switzerland, maybe you could make it please?

jdenm8

Choco has been incommunicado for a while MR.Y. I don't think your request is going to be fufilled.

noahclem

I hope it's okay to post this here since choco has been active recently and this relates to one of his bridges.

Whenever I use the RHW-10 cable-stayed bridge it ends up growing extra cable systems like this:

It grows one for every pylon going down to the water. The bridge works fine at first but the trouble starts after saving. It appears to be totally cosmetic and doesn't affect traffic. Any idea what's going on?

I've also noticed some conflicts between your unreleased wider RHW bridges and Xannepan's Seine bridges.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Kitsune

so it exists in a semi-usable form  ;D Of all the bridges I saw in the bridge controller... that one had me most interested. I also remember hearing somewhere that some of the Seine Bridges took iid's from some of the wider RHW bridges...
~ NAM Team Member

jdenm8

Yup... they did, as well as some unreleased narrower bridges as well.

An RHW-8S one and a Street one are affected, some more may be as well, I'm not sure.

As for that error... it looks like it's originating the cable effect on the wrong tile... I'm not exactly sure how that works, but the centres certainly are over the supports.

choco

insofar as the IID's, i'll have to get that straightened out soon.  not sure why xannepans bridges are using the RHW IID range tho....  ()what()
-------

anyway, the cables are just T21's that points to another BAT.  the last revision i have is dated feb 5, 2011.  could ya get a screenie of the reader so i can see the exemplars? 

xannepan

Beats me too guys... I requested a range of IDs and these are the ones I got...

noahclem

The version of the bridge I have seems to be from 23 November 2010. Hope this screenie gives you the information you need:

Bummer about the ID conflict anyway  &mmm

jdenm8

I remember there being multiple versions of various bridges flying around on the private exchange... The version I have doesn't exhibit that.

The version I have is dated at February 10th, 2011.

ivo_su

I  think these are great projects to bridge the wide networks of RHW, but at least for me it has one major flaw is that he made ​​ tkaka bridge is only  one way. this means that they must be built adjacent to two parallel bridges which for me is not a good idea. Personally, I my solution is to design bridges for C-type networks  either 6/8.  Thus we will dvizheniv in both directions  with the construction of only one bridge that will enhance the efficiency of this bridge. As far as I remember Vince had some  similar ideas for a 3  tile bridge

- Ivo

jdenm8

Quote from: ivo_su on February 11, 2012, 02:10:58 AMAs far as I remember Vince had some  similar ideas for a 3  tile bridge

Using the Diagonal Bridge Enabler. These are actual in-game draggable bridges, not puzzle drag overrides made to look like Bridges.

ivo_su

Quote from: jdenm8 on February 11, 2012, 02:21:22 AM
Quote from: ivo_su on February 11, 2012, 02:10:58 AMAs far as I remember Vince had some  similar ideas for a 3  tile bridge

Using the Diagonal Bridge Enabler. These are actual in-game draggable bridges, not puzzle drag overrides made to look like Bridges.

I had in mind something similar to  this picture. Of course  I could be wrong and it  is not just a bridge puzzle  drag ...

Kitsune

yes I assumed that's draggable too because the bridge controller actually alludes to 6c's bridges.. but doesnt appear to show any of the diagonal bridges.
~ NAM Team Member

noahclem

Vince's bridge pictured there isn't a normal "bridge" but something based on the DBE technology (even though it's not diagonal, obviously). 6C bridges created in the same way as normal bridges have been discussed before but would have used two separate RHW bridges with an empty tile between them and overhanging models, and I believe paths, to fill the center tile. I'm guessing anything in the bridge controller mentioning RHW6C bridges is referring to this. I think the idea has been more or less abandoned because of its lower capacity, in favor of a DBE-type setup.

Real, 3-tile-wide bridges can not be created because there is no 3-tile network and bridges cannot be placed next to each other.

@JD - My problems with that bridge didn't occur until after saving. I did find the updated version though and I'll see if that fixes my problem.

choco

goody goody gumdrops....

looks like ive been able to recover a good portion of my development files....  ;D

Girafe

Quote from: choco on February 13, 2012, 12:05:53 PM
looks like ive been able to recover a good portion of my development files....  ;D

that's a good news  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *