• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Quote from: choco on February 13, 2012, 12:05:53 PM
goody goody gumdrops....

looks like ive been able to recover a good portion of my development files....  ;D

the bollman bridge?

wow :)
~ NAM Team Member

choco

thats the one....  :)

its been quite tricky getting it to look right....even moreso than the Saltash bridge was.  I may have to go to a T21 based approach to actually get something release quality, cause the LODs are causing artifacts. 

just an old pic i found while meandering through backups and archived files...the bottom bridge is an early draft (no props) of an old bridge by Isambard Brunel.

then there was a couple things i stumbled on that i had completely forgot about....

still got work getting organized and such; 2 years removed and i almost feel i have to start learning all over again....  :D

noahclem

Great to see all these files recovered! I know there's a lot of people with a lot of interest in these.

That Bollman bridge looks really good but it seems like the whole things is overscaled. Look forward to more progress here  :thumbsup:

cogeo

Quote from: choco on February 14, 2012, 04:17:27 AM
its been quite tricky getting it to look right....even moreso than the Saltash bridge was.  I may have to go to a T21 based approach to actually get something release quality, cause the LODs are causing artifacts.
Just to let you know, the new SC4 Model Tweaker features a Merge Models command, among other new goodies (and no longer crashes under Win7  :P).
The documentation and installer are not yet ready, so:
- Uninstall the version you are currently using (from Windows Install/Uninstall Programs, or run again the installer you used and select Uninstall).
- Download and install the version on the LEX. DO NOT run the program!!!
- Download the (test) version from the link in the development/support thread, and overwrite the executable.
- Ignore the warning on launch.

Hope you find it useful

choco

hiya cogeo!  nice to see ya again!

those do sound like they'll be nice additions to the tweaker.  i'll certainly check it out....as even v1.00 (the last i had apparently) was an absolute must when editing the Maxis bridges.  cant wait to see all the new toys....

TY for stopping in and letting me know!   :thumbsup:

choco

doubling up just to show a pic, getting better but still needs some work.

Girafe

Looks really good  &apls &apls

Is there any chance that one day we see more modern bridge?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Nardo69

Hi Ryan!

Just hopped in here a bit ... (And no, this time no modding request like the bridges for the NAM Viaducts  :D)

And I am happy to see some very nice reasons for future river crossings!

Glad that some things haven't changed while I was away ;)

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

art128

Nice looking old railway bridge, Ryan !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

That looks great  &apls &apls    I've already got the perfect spot for it!

choco

Quote from: Girafe on March 01, 2012, 12:22:00 PM
sure!  if you have anything in mind, i'd love some ideas!

Quote from: Nardo69 on March 01, 2012, 12:50:00 PM
Glad that some things haven't changed while I was away ;)
whoa!  nice to see your still around, my friend (i was away for a while as well)!  hopefully, another of your ideas will be coming to fruition very soon....

art and noah: tyvm!

apeguy

Hey choco, I've always been a fan of the bridges you release and some of the ones you've been working on lately look excellent. I can't wait to see these available for download. :thumbsup:

Quote from: choco on February 14, 2012, 04:17:27 AM
its been quite tricky getting it to look right....even moreso than the Saltash bridge was.

Speaking of the Saltash Bridge, are you still working on that one? That's always been a favourite of mine and I'd love to see it in-game. ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

buddybud

Quote from: choco on March 01, 2012, 12:09:42 PM

This right here...breathtaking! Keep it up my friend! That picture needs to be posted world wide on some kind of web or something :P

threestooges

Puts the stuff I've been working on to shame. Very nice detail on these models.
-Matt

Girafe

Quote from: choco on March 01, 2012, 02:01:46 PM
Quote from: Girafe on March 01, 2012, 12:22:00 PM
sure!  if you have anything in mind, i'd love some ideas!

Orange just said me that you were connected for his bridge's problem. I suppose you have already seen it if you are fixing his work.
It's kind of modern bridge I was referring.

Anyway, glad you are here, and you propose new stuff  ;) 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

weixc812

Quite impressive  &apls
I can't wait to download at their release  :-\
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

vinlabsc3k

choco, I'm happy that you still work on your creation. &hlp
I was sad when you leave the forum :'( and I would know if you have completed your wide RHW bridges. ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

choco

nitelite testing....my first real go at lighting.... :-\

metarvo

It's just wonderful to see our bridge makers back in action once again!  :)  That nightlighting on the most recent bridge is sweet.  The TTR bridge you've shown us also looks good.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

All this work is splendid!
Pity I don't need bridges at the moment....