• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Paroch's Random Stuff

Started by paroch, June 14, 2008, 03:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

I thought it was about time to start a thread where I can showcase items in the pipeline that do not fall under a specific project..................

West End and Balnavia are currently hosting the Devo 08 football tournament for MDs here at SC4Devotion.  I thought it would be good to create some "fans zones" for those who could not get tickets for the stadium.

So, I have come up with four different versions, as follows:

NUTs Fans Zone 01

This is a 4x4 lot that is a plaza.  I kind of imagine it being in the city centre.  The crowd is made up of the "Amill" maxis props which are timed, so here the square is empty.

NUTs Fans Zone 02

This is a 4x6 lot, again a plaza.  Here it is plopped into (hopefully) suitable surroundings.  The crowd is showing up this time as it is the right time in-game.  I would like to get a football image on the screen. It is the maxis "drive in screen" which does have an image, but it is of aliens and UFOs! 

NUTs Fans Zone 03

This time, a 5x5 lot that has been made to fit with the BSC parks.  I wouldn't call it BSC park compliant, as the paths are a bit different, but they fit ok.  I'm having teouble getting the right grass texture.  The overlay textures are ok, but the grass base texture is not quite right.  I am using IID 0x252b3000.  If anyone happens to know the right one, please shout.  I will try and find the right one tomorrow.

NUTs Fans Zone 04

And finally a 6x6 lot.  This one is a bit different, in that I have used the GasCooker building props to create a row of shops opposite the big screen.  I'm not sure if I like this one or not, I'll have to plop it in-game with suitable surroundings to see how it looks.  Again, the crowd is not showing up because of the time.

Dependancies - pretty long, but the vast majority of them are on the "A" list....
Props:
DAE vol 1
SG vol 1
GasCooker Vol 1
CAL vol 1
MattB325 vol 1
RP2005 vol 3  (perhaps the only one that is not on the "A" list)
Maxis Buildings as Props Vol 1

Textures:
BSC vol 1
BSC vol 2

Essentials:
NUTs Essentials (for the querey)

The lots will look OK without the ones in bold, as only minor bits.

I would like to get the screen looking more interesting.  If youhave any ideas please let me know.

Other than that, I'd appreciate your feedback.  Which bits are good, which bits are bad, what would you change, would you create more etc.etc.etc.

And if you like them, do you think these are worthy of a public release on the LEX?  If you think so, I will do a bit more work to get them ready.

$%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Pat

Paul lot 3 is by the best one there that I truly like!!!  The others are OK...

• 1: Is nice and small and would defintly be perfect for a smaller village..
  • 2: This one is also good but the SG fountain are a tad bit out of place for my taste...
  • 4: The base textures are a tad bit to much and no real symentrical placement

That is some of my quick thoughts Paul on those as I run back to work Yea lol....  Otherwise looking darn good here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

Maybe you can take that giant screen ? ( obviously not the French one :( )
http://www.toutsimcity.com/downloads.php?view=512

Other than that I do agree with Pat, the last one is not my taste for the base texture

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

threestooges

It looks like you are using the proper texture. In the BSC park lots that I checked the base texture for open grass is 0x252b3000 (the same one you mentioned) and their grass for the paths is an overlay: 0x5920a000. I'll check again though, as it looks like it is a bit off in the transition there. I also agree about the base textures for the 4th version. Great work otherwise though. I'll look forward to seeing more.
-Matt

Jmouse

Looks like NFZ 03 is going to be the lot of choice, Paul. Placing it in a park setting is a great idea, and some benches around the edge of the plaza might be nice. Wish I could help out with the screen image, but that's a bit beyond my current level of inexperience.

Nevertheless, I'm anxious to see where this new idea leads!

JmS

tooheys

Paul, can't much argue with any of the comments already made. A great idea, and put together nicely (except for that last texture  ;) )

They will come in handy.

Dave

Diggis

How big do you want the screen, and send me some nice football pics.  Maybe if there is a still of the final Dutch goal on Firday night,  It's one of those 'perfect moments' keeper stretching, not quite reaching... Stunning.

Diggis

here you go paul, check your email:

paroch

Shaun,

You are a miracle worker!  Thanks loads for that mate.  Add another beer to the tab  ;)

Paul

paroch

OK, well the Devo 08 Fans Zones have been tweaked and now uploaded on the LEX.

The general consensus was that version 4 had hideous textures.  What I didn't realise is that htey are a texture family, hence why they looked a bit random.  So I replaced version 4 with a 6x6 BSC Park Compliant version.

Shaun came up with the idea of creating a prop family of screen images, so now there are about 10 different screen images that are chosen at random each time you plop.

So here are some screen images:

version 1:

Plaza with Sweden scoring against Greece

version 2:

Plaza with Holland scoring against France

version 3:

BSC Park Compliant lot, with the West Ham players celebrating after Carols Tevez's goal against Spurs

version 4:

BSC Park Compliant lot, with England players.

All with custom icons (again thanks to Shaun for talking me through the process).

Now on the LEX - I hope you enjoy them!

Chrisadams3997

They look great Paul, glad you got them working with the BSC parks too, it's a nice touch.

Diggis

They look sharp mate, those pics came out better than expected.  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

I wasn't the first to download this time (came in number 5), but the fan zones really look good, Paul. I think there will most certainly be a place for one of these in Atascocita.

Later...
Joan

SgtJoeDes

Interesting stuff. I realy like the way you included differant park props. Good work.  :)
SgtJoeDes

tooheys

Nice Paul, particularily like the ones that fit the BSC parks. :thumbsup: Hopefully appearing in Balnavia soon.

bat

Really good work there on that set there, paroch! Great work! :thumbsup:

threestooges

Paul (and Shaun) those lots turned out great (and the screens aren't too bad either). I haven't had the chance to play with them in game yet, but I'm getting there. Until then, these things look great from the pics and I can only imagine they'll be even better when using them.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

Nice work Paul.

They will be handy when the Olympics start :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

Good point there Derry. Anyone know of plans in the works for another of those Simlympics things?

paroch

Well, Matt, you asked about the Simlympics - I think it is August.  And I hear a rumour there will be a torch relay before the games!