• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Frigid's BAT Stuff

Started by Frigid, March 06, 2007, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frigid

This is where I will put my BAT stuff.  I may not that good now, but once I get more time, I hope I'll get better

I have a few house models that I'd like to share for now.

They're basically all the same with different textures.  I've tried lotting them in a building family, and I'm waiting for them to pop up in my cities (I'm really just testing if families work)

By the way, I did have a thread at ST, but I thought I'd get more helpful critique over here.

I'm off to Europe for the break (on friday), I won't be on, so I'm posting them here now, hoping that when I come back problems will have solved themselves :)
I have returned!

jmyers2043

Hello Frigid. Actually you've done a very nice home ... I don't know if this is your first bat but it is very well done if it is. I like the colors. Homes that I am familiar with generally use earth toned or subtle colors.

The chimney looks to be a bit on the thin side but it is not bad. You may want to make it thicker if your plans are to refine the bats when you return from your trip.

And if you do another set of homes you should consider making widows different sizes. Living room widows would be wider while a bathroom window may be smaller/shorter ... right now every window is the same size and is spaced equal distance.

Hmmmm .. I've just had a second look at your picture and can't make up my mind? What is the large dark area to the lower right ... is that a glass patio door??? How about a rear view as well?

And if it is any encouragement, I'll probably download these homes if they are correctly sized as they look like they are Sim City friendly. At least from the pictures you've presented so far.

(My two pet peeves - color palette and scale)

<<edit>> ok - you may consider placing a couple of vent pipes popping up out of the roof. My house, in addition to vent pipes also has a gas water hear and gas furnace. Both of them also have their own seperate pipes. The pipes would not be big, but a couple will create interest as they play against the light and cast small shadows. Other small details may include an electrical power meter along the rear or garage wall or a tv antenna on the roof.And what would be cool is if each home had slightly different detail changes. One home has a TV antenna while the next has a directv dish, the vent pipes can be on the left hand side of the roof of one home and the other home they would be on the right side. One home could have a small window mounted air conditioning unit ... etc ... good luck.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

kimcar

Geez,  this is not bad at all. Very nice work . I can`t even do a box so when i see some good work like that , the only things i have to do it`s  &apls &apls

jacqulina

FromTheAshes

Lovely done, I like this  :thumbsup:
Visit Vorsfelde.

Cali

thanks, we need more residential variety. awesome work.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"