• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Boeing 777 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, September 20, 2008, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilotdaryl

Jack Bauer: British Airways does have 777-300ER on order; this livery could get quite challenging, but I'm up for it!
cameron1991: Ah, thanks for that.  I'll see what I can do.
Yoman: Dear me, I forgot about that wing texture problem!  Thanks for reminding me about that!  And thanks for reminding me about the wingtip lights too.  As for the cockpit window lighting, I'll play around with that...

Umm... welcome to page 3? :D

Fatsuhono

Looking forward to more Daryl! :) I am sorry, been busy with other stuff, like Alkaline, for not getting much done on the F100 or the SMA-FH... &cry2

pilotdaryl

Fatsuhono: Me too!  Thanks!

As you all might not know yet, I took a one-month job in Kelowna beginning November the 19th in order to receive a salary boost that would prove to be helpful during this Christmas season.  Now that I just got back from that, I'll be once again working on the 777, however regretfully I have fallen behind.  After the Christmas season I will once again be working in Burnaby so I'll be active.  I believe an update is long overdue, as well:

Click for full size 1732x967
Guess how many nightlights does it take to correctly light a 777? $%Grinno$%

hyped_up_boy

looking good!  i would say about a dozen, but i wouldn't be surprised if there were more.

ShadeSlayer

You should have told me you were in Kelowna. We could have met up or something.

allan_kuan1992

it was an unexpected departure yes... =O

at least things are rolling along again =)

- Allan Kuan

pilotdaryl

hyped_up_boy: Thanks!  Nope, there are more lights :P
ShadeSlayer: Sorry, I didn't know.  It would've been great to see you.   The next time I'm going to get an out-of-town job, it most likely will not be in Kelowna and it may not be for awhile.
allan_kuan1992: Thanks!  Things are certainly rolling along.

Well, I've been busy making final preparations to the 777.  I've been at work replacing and adjusting objects.  Due to lighting/texturing problems, I've had to re-model the 777's horizontal stabilizer.  Using the same methods that I used in construction of the MD-80, I was able to get that done within 30 minutes. :)
The 777 so far:

Click for full size 1734x995

Jack Bauer

The air Cnada version is so well!! The night version is perfectly well-made!!!

NASCAR_Guy

Hey I'd like some custom Planes for my CJ The Virginia Republic

Virginia National Air Company (VNAC)

and VIA Virginia Skyways

VNAC is the top one on the left, and VIA is the Orange and Blue one

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

pilotdaryl

allan_kuan_1992: Thanks!
Jack Bauer: Hey, thanks!  I made the 777 nightlighting to look as natural as possible.
NASCAR_Guy: I sincerely hope that your confidence in us doesn't fade, however, our custom livery request line is currently inactive.  I've been working in favour of getting real-life liveries and real-life livery requests in first and foremost, but seeing as release is getting closer I hope to open up the custom-request line again soon. ;)  Also, some of the aircraft types there have not been made by the SCAG, yet... so we'll just have to wait and see.

I've been up to something during the holiday season...

Yes, these are, in fact, in-game pictures...

Resized to 800x500 from 1920x1200
The nightlighting on the 777 has its visible differences compared to the AC 747s next door; I tried to make everything look as natural as possible, however I now realize that everything looks a bit too bright.  I'll be toning it down and comparing it for the next few days, and then the final rendering process can begin. ;D

RustyXL

cameron1991

That looks awesome!  :thumbsup:
Although I agree that the lighting needs to be toned down a bit to stop it glowing.

Jack Bauer

It's perfect!! the night version is so well-done! The size of the 777 is as much big as the 747 as in the reality!! It's breathtaking!!

allan_kuan1992

have you consulted voltaire on what light effects might be needed for that?

other than excessive reflectiveness :D, it's looking really good. I'm even surprised that the jetways are compatible with this.

- Allan Kuan

Jack Bauer

I have just a question. Are you going to make a diagonal version of the 777?

pilotdaryl

RustyXL: Well, I've mostly fixed that! Thanks!
cameron1991: Yup, fixed that - thanks!
Jack Bauer: 73.9 metres long and looking good! ;D
allan_kuan1992: Ah, thanks for telling me, I'll do so as soon as possible.  Thanks too!  The skintight LODs cause no problems with the 777 except for a minor problem on only one view.
Jack Bauer: Many of the SCAG's predecessors and other aviation BAT teams have experimented with creating diagonal aircraft in the past, and the SCAG will do so as well with the 777 in due time. ;)

Well... no pictures in today's update, but a nice, long explanation is needed, I guess.  I've put the 777 and other certain projects on hold, while I've been throwing together a surprise for y'all... ;)

PLT

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

feliwi

Wow, ver nice period of stage! Is there a date in planning when you gonna release the fantstic pack? Will there be planes without jetway as well? Can you give us another list of all liveries (maybe with pics!)

Thanks a lot. I really can't wait to use these fantstic new planes!!