• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Boeing 777 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, September 20, 2008, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feliwi

OMG, this project is getting more and more perfect! I really couldn't believe that release will take place next month or so, I've been waiting so long, and now it's coming!
If you need any help with lotting, you can of course involve me into the project to save time!

Keep it up!

frdrcklim

wow. HD planes here we come ;D. Is it me? It's only recently I'm seeing the trend of HD content :-[.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

joelyboy911

No, Not just you, frdrcklim. It is a fairly new development. It has been around a little while. Not all that many people are using the style now, but thats just what makes this project even more extra special.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

PLT

pilotdaryl

joelyboy: I think it'd probably take about the same amount of time on your machine, considering your specs.  I can teach you lighting over any form of instant messaging any time, it's not too hard, but you have to know that lighting aircraft can take more than one light (the rig I use to nightlight the 777 involves around 24 lights!)
RustyXL: I disagree, I actually find that while zoom 5 does look a bit non-antialiased, it actually does look much clearer (i.e. the windows are larger and more visible).
cameron1991: The way HD works is by enlarging zoom 5 twice to create a better zoom 6 while keeping quality or improving zoom 5.  I'd have to modify a load of BAT scripts and possibly even the game engine to handle 6 zooms - plus, with the extra zoom 5 render render times would slow down even more.
ShadeSlayer: I've been thinking of getting a new machine soon, most likely with the new i7 processor.  Would speed up rendering times a load, I'm sure. :)
allan_kuan_1992: Thanks.  You may have to configure your graphics card or game settings to get better performance playing SC4.
feliwi: I aim to have a prop pack released later this month, plus the full lotted set this summer. ;D  We'd be glad to have you join our team - however, lotting the 777s is going to involve mixing and matching the props on each and every lot, so it might be a bit more complex.  Moving the jetway may also be necessary.
frdrcklim: Thank you!  Yes, it's a fairly new development but it's also really popular.
PLT: Thanks!  More to come soon!

I've been testing out the HD render of my ACA in-game today, and I've seen no problems whatsoever with rendering.  If I can use this as a template for any of my next planes, I shouldn't have any problems! ;D  I can spend the weekend putting the rest of the planes together and preparing for sending--this will be a tough process and involve moving around a lot of files.  I don't want you all to have to place all the textures on the planes all over again after I send them!

hyped_up_boy

looks good, PD!  I can also do some lotting work if you need :).  keep up the good work!

Jack Bauer

Wow! HD version looks better than the former version. :thumbsup: I would like to see the British airways and United version. :)

pilotdaryl

hyped_up_boy: Nice to see you around! Thanks!  I think I would rather approach lotting & lot properties myself but hang in there.
Jack Bauer: Thanks!
I'm now preparing most of the planes for sending to third-parties for rendering--this involves changing the directory of the main texture files for easier packaging and a whole bunch of model rearranging and adjustment.  This could take awhile.  In the meantime, I am announcing the creation of one last 777 livery for the first major release.  This airline was one of the more recent to order the 777-300ER, entering service with it in 2010.
Edit:
The SCAG presents:

(Click image to enlarge - 1920x1080)
Created from scratch over a work period of 2 hours.  This will be the last 777 livery to be created before the first release this summer.

allan_kuan1992

joelyboy911

Excellent! I was also wondering: on large widebody jets, which models are still unnacounted for. I know tabi has done lots of them, but his ones are a bit, erm, rough. Is anyone planning an A340 by any chance. If not, perhaps I could sign myself up, with some help/collaboration from the team to do it. Also a 767. Kumba's ones are nice but they are all too dark-coloured.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Haljackey

Sweet!  HD planes!  What more can you ask for?

How about this: a HD A380 :P

Jack Bauer

I LOVE this plane!!! it looks perfect!! I just had to ask to see it!!! $%Grinno$% looking forward to see the next planes!! this is the 300-ER version! BA has also a lot of 777-200 like United.

feliwi

@Jack Bauer: I noticed that you are interested in some British Airways 777-200! You can already find some here:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/tabinohito/newpage12.html

Great rendering of the 777, they really look much better now!

PLT

Outstanding and magnificent!  :thumbsup:

One small question, will these be rendered with jetways attached?

joelyboy911

PD told me that the jetways are not included in the model, but they do not have to be, as the LOD is fitted tight to the plane. Therefore the bugs experienced when using Tabi jets with ACB jetways are not going to occur.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

allan_kuan1992

Hmm... did Voltaire render all of his jetways with tight LODs?

- Allan Kuan

PLT

Quote from: joelyboy911 on June 07, 2009, 12:43:24 PM
PD told me that the jetways are not included in the model, but they do not have to be, as the LOD is fitted tight to the plane. Therefore the bugs experienced when using Tabi jets with ACB jetways are not going to occur.

Ok, because that was my main concern.
Thanks for telling me!

pilotdaryl

Just to give everyone a heads up, 777 development is still ongoing, but has been slowed down lately due to my need to settle into Burnaby once again (including finding a new job) and having to reconstruct the fuselage LODs once more.

joelyboy911

Whan you say "reconstruct the fuselage LODs", how are you doing this? I generally use the 'Create Complex LOD' tool that came with the GMAX toolkit in the Bat4Max pack. Have you explored this method? Do you know something I don't about a potential downfall/flaw with it?
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian