• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 51

Started by dedgren, October 29, 2008, 08:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 51 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 51
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1500  12/09/2006 05:26 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data] Welcome to the 51st page of this award winning CJ

Morning David(and all of Simtropolis),
     Read this article article [linkie] this morning and thought ya'll might be interested.   Since we discuss mapping so often in here, I didn't figure ya'll'd mind me posting a link.    Hope we never have to do something like that in 3RR. ()sad()         
     Sorry for all the ya'lls but it is early (for a Saturday) and my southern accent seems to come out still then. I was raised in Tenn.     

Well, ya'll have a great day.
---Gaston

I was just informed that this was the 1500th post for 3RR,  Very Kool indeed! And it was entirely my pleasure, David.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1501  12/09/2006 05:42 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

tchaos713
[/data][data]David,

First of all, congrats on the Trixies...they are long overdue.

Second, the new map looks amazing, I cannot wait to see what it looks like with trees and surface water.

Now, back to the normal Nutcracker grind... ()sad()
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1502  12/09/2006 12:37 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Here's the latest shot of 3RR progress.

Here's a very large [(about 4k by 2k px- 495kb) shot of the same [ linkie ].

Thanks, Gaston, for 3RR's 1,500th post.  More on that later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1503  12/09/2006 12:49 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hi my friend thats a very beautifull region  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1504  12/09/2006 01:38 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

cityhawk
[/data][data]Hello, David! Long time, no see here in 3RR.

First of all, congrats on your two Trixies! You definitely deserve them! I did make an ad hoc award concerning your CJ Lists and how you're a statistical genius, but obviously somebody else did, too, since my description wasn't used. That other award, the "Most Educational CJ" award, definitely suits this journal because of the way you respond to people in that you always go step by step if they need help with something. To my surprise, I was actually a nominee for the "Most Educational CJ" award, but my CJs are nowhere near as educational as yours.

Now, concerning 3RR maps on the STEX:
I'm glad to see that you put your maps up on the STEX because I'm sure many people like it and will download it. Shoot, if I wouldn't have already downloaded a map for my next CJ and started building on it, I might just have downloaded one of your maps! There's no way I could've downloaded all of 3RR with its 256 tiles because it would drag on my computer so bad; I already have this 118 tile region that I'm building on that slows the game quite considerably (I know that mostly the plugins do that, but the more plugins you put in a city, and the more cities you put plugins in, the more lag you're going to get). Anyway, that said, you must have a powerful computer! I'm just wondering how bad the lag is for you, if you wouldn't mind telling me.

Finally, concerning 3RR itself:
3RR looks incredible now that all the terraforming is done. I was comparing your old 3RR with your new 3RR, and I noticed how much better the new one is with its well-defined water bodies and land masses. Your forestation is looking quite good and very professional, and I can't wait until that is finished because I know it's going to look good! Also, I can't wait until you start developing!

Okay, now that you've read my post, I would just like to say that I'm glad I found 3RR again (RL swept it away)! I wish you good luck on your forestation and your future projects in 3RR, which I will be there for, whether I'm lurking or posting.

Take care, David.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1505  12/09/2006 01:38 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

luker91
[/data][data]a very very nice region shot... cant wait to see more!

Luke
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1506  12/09/2006 05:11 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]Hi David, the region's lookin' fine! The development will definetly be a highlight!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1507  12/11/2006 12:14 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]The latest photo looks great! I do have a few questions, though: Which trees are you using and how are you putting them in? It seems like an awful lot of work to plop all of them down.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1508  12/11/2006 08:49 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Another day whizzing by...

I have a few minutes, so I'll post some pics of the latest addition to the 3RR forest mix.  I'm going to go ahead and fill in down from where cycledogg's God Mode "Conifer Mix" trees stop to the base of any hills or mountains with his "Lodgepole Pine" God Mode trees.

I think these feather in with the existing trees pretty well.  Look at the following oics and see if you agree.

Quad boundaries are still an issue, as you can see.  They have to be corrected by trial and error, but we're getting there.

A few closer in.

It's the youngest (7) boy's Christmas school concert (sheesh, that sounds pretentious) tonight, so likely no more 3RR until tomorrow.  We'll see.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1509  12/11/2006 09:28 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]wow my friend thats awesome work i love those rivers you have done a great job with the terraforming [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1510  12/11/2006 10:28 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Fallon144
[/data][data]Amazing landscape, amazing work man I like this CJ alot! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1511  12/11/2006 11:18 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

crazychickensc12
[/data][data]wow those trees and streams look flippin amazing!! like it looks really really good!!! awesome work dedgren can't wait to see more! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1512  12/11/2006 11:18 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Darmok
[/data][data]**drip.... drip... drip**

fzzzztttt... 
ffzztttt....
(sound of a keyboard shorting out!)

Darn drooling!!!............

**walking away looking for a napkin**
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1513  12/11/2006 11:28 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

GMT
[/data][data]now, with all the trees, my friend, it starts to get this look it deserves...

waiting for more
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1514  12/11/2006 11:41 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

threestooges
[/data][data]If you thought it looked good bare, try it with trees. If it looks this good now, imagine it with the likely microdetailing... my isn't that pretty. This map has looked so good at every step of production that any new addition is just icing on the cake. The trees look good with the "feathering" and the boundary clumping is hardly noticable (in most spots). Enjoy the concert. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1515  12/11/2006 10:14 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
The "Conifer Mix" and "Lodgepole Pine" forests do blend together very nicely. What you've created looks very natural. Hope you enjoyed the concert.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1516  12/11/2006 11:07 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Shadow_Assassin
[/data][data]Wow, that looks great. I love it. It really does cycledogg's terrain mods justice. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1517  12/11/2006 11:42 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

emilin
[/data][data]Yeah. It looks great. And you are really developing the area fast now.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1518  12/12/2006 12:11 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]Sorry to keep bothering you, but I have more tree-related questions. I can't seem to find the cycledogg God mode trees anywhere on STEX? Can you (or anyone) point me in the right direction? Also, by "God mode," you mean [Ctrl][Shift][Alt] + Right Click and then planting them normally like the regular game trees, correct? I understand the concept of the God mode, but, since I have found the trees you are using anywhere, I am wondering if my understanding is wrong.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1519  12/12/2006 01:17 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owneluby
[/data][data]Totally freaky cool!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1520  12/12/2006 04:12 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Hey, thundercrack83-

Wandered by the 'puter at 4:00 a.m.  Saw your questions.  Short answers follow.

God Mode Cheat tutorial [ linkie ].  The page has a bunch of pics on it- give it time to load.

Here's where you get the cycledogg trees I use from the STEX [ linkie ].  I beleive this file over at PEG's site may be an update, but I haven't had time to check- Generic Tree Controller [ linkie ].

Another busy one today.  Thanks to all for the continued great comments.

Insomniac Eye Candy.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1521  12/12/2006 05:13 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]what a beautifull little island my friend excellent work  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1522  12/12/2006 05:48 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hamsterTK
[/data][data]geez your patient. I dont think I could fill in that whole map with trees lol [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1523  12/12/2006 08:14 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Kokopelli
[/data][data]This is looking great with the trees! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1524  12/12/2006 04:35 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]OK, I got all figured out now! Thank you very much! Also, I love the look of the island. The whole region just gets better and better with every update. Can't wait for more!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1525  12/12/2006 05:13 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]I am giving you an A+ for this update. 3RR is looking great! I use SC4 as a stress reliever- relax and build. And ST as one too - enjoy CJs and my cares fade away. I could sit and ponder the natural beauty of 3RR all day long! Thanks!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1526  12/12/2006 06:02 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

cityhawk
[/data][data]David, the patience it takes to do all of that great tree placement is very much, and you are the most patient person I know judging by those pics! I just love those shots and how well the trees blend together! I look forward to more!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1527  12/13/2006 03:14 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data]David,
    It's looking great my friend.   I never even realized that I hadn't downloaded that tree mod.  LOL   Well I have now.    I need to go back to the beginning of 3RR sometime amd see if I can find that link to the "duplicate finding" software.    I'm pretty darn sure it was waaaaaaaaay back there that you said to download it and it would help clean out my plugins of double stuff.
    BTW, How'd the concert go?    I'm sure he did great.

---Gaston
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1528  12/13/2006 03:48 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

pickled_pig
[/data][data]Looks like you're finally foresting that huge region.

I've never used the predefined mixes of trees that exist within cycledogg's tree set. Your foresting looks great, though - it's probably going to be hard to develop on that region due to its aestethics.

When you do develop, though, a lot of that good work's going to go down the drain. I usually do my Cycledogg woods after development for that exclusive reason.

Take care
-aaron
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1529  12/15/2006 01:07 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

keithsed
[/data][data]You are a Godsend! This is what I've been looking for for weeks! It is now 3:00AM and I've got to get up at 8:00AM and I cannot quite reading about 3RR and looking at all the eyecandy.

Thanks you, thank you thank you.

Keith
[/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax