• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ANNOUNCEMENT - The LEX Disk vol 1 currently out of stock

Started by callagrafx, November 17, 2008, 05:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Kevin: your disk was sent by me on Monday last 15th December.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

MayorKarl

My DVD arrived yesterday, and have been playing like mad seeing all the new rewards and lots appearing in my cities. Now all I need to do is actually start making cities that look halfway interesting and I might just get some pictures up :D

BigSlark

Thank you, Barbara! Now how long does it take a DVD to make it from Brittany to Mississippi the week before Christmas?  ::)

Cheers,
Kevin

BarbyW

That's the big question, Kevin, and unfortunately I cannot make the post move any faster.

callagrafx

Quote from: BigSlark on December 21, 2008, 04:17:02 AM
Thank you, Barbara! Now how long does it take a DVD to make it from Brittany to Mississippi the week before Christmas?  ::)

Ahhhh, one of life's eternal questions  :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

VeTram

something to ask pls.....i have also received the DVD very recently , and i would like to ask something..

well , in the main window menu , there are two links that do not seem to work....external dependancies , and BSC reward chains..is that normal?   and what are their meaning pls?
thanx
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

callagrafx

Both those links should open up a web page in your default browser.....
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

VeTram

no! they don't.... :'(....is there any alternative way to reach those files?   LEX may be?
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Andreas

Check the DVD itself, you should find the HTML files here. For opening them, simply double-click on one of those.
Andreas

VeTram

yes ! Andreas , i think it works !....by the way i have recently discovered your work and please accept my congratulations for your great work... :thumbsup:
now , can please answer me someone what those BSC reward chains files means?

BarbyW

The reward chains were a way of making the game a bit more interesting by providing a reward instead of just plopping a lot. BSC developed the idea and there are many chains of lots required to get some of the higher level rewards. For instance you may need to grow x number of a certain type of farms in order to get reward A. Then some different farms to get reward B and so on once you have all those rewards you may be offered a new reward. If you follow the links in the different lots in the chain page you will find what you need to get each one.

46Bit

lol, blooming postmen... wait's getting unbearable  :'( Think I might order a second and hope one gets here soon  ;)

BigSlark

Quote from: callagrafx on December 21, 2008, 08:43:26 AM
Ahhhh, one of life's eternal questions  :D

As it turns out, the answer that question is 7 days...

Cheers,
Kevin

BarbyW

Glad to hear it has arrived in Mississippi quicker than the UK. ::)

larsswan

Took a bit longer to make it to Kansas (USA) but this is better than I expected it to be!!!  ¡Aunque que hablo dos idiomas no tengo bastante palabras para decirles que bueno es!  To those who are on the fence about donating...get off it and donate.  This is an incredible piece of work!  Installing now and if it is as good as I think it will be I will be sending you a few more euros.

Gracias

Swan

46Bit

Well, thought it'd been lost in the post but it arrived today! Thanks, loading it up now.  :)

BarbyW

;D ;D ;D Royal Mail triumphs again ;D
Takes longer to hop across the channel than the pond ::)

46Bit

Indeed, mad - truly typical of most everything here in Britain, or at least that's how it seems nowadays...

Anyway, to add my reccomendation to all those that have gone before: this is wonderful indeed, massive well arranged volumes of content. It also works perfectly on Vista 64-bit in case anyone's unsure and has been put off 'buying' because of that.

larsswan

Quote from: 46Bit on December 27, 2008, 05:54:36 AM
Indeed, mad - truly typical of most everything here in Britain, or at least that's how it seems nowadays...

Anyway, to add my reccomendation to all those that have gone before: this is wonderful indeed, massive well arranged volumes of content. It also works perfectly on Vista 64-bit in case anyone's unsure and has been put off 'buying' because of that.

I will second that plug for 64-bit Vista.  Working just great for me.  That is ironic about delivery to the US versus the UK...so much for that fancy tunnel.   ;)

JBSimio

Quote from: larsswan on December 29, 2008, 07:52:27 AM
I will second that plug for 64-bit Vista.  Working just great for me.

Also haven't had any problems so far... then again, I never had any problems switching to 32-bit Vista either, which is apparently the worst thing that ever happened to computers so who knows?  :D

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion