• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

URGENT message for donators.

Started by BarbyW, November 19, 2008, 01:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

As a result of a problem with me and PayPal - don't ask as it is in the process of being sorted ::) - I have no postal addresses for the following. Can they please provide their address in a PM to callagrafx and me - yes both as we are both shipping DVDs?

David McKay
Kenneth Johnson
Mathias Kerckhoffs
Peter Berx
Scott McGrath
Charles Lantz
Kendra Williams
Richard Pluck
Robert Brooks 
Derry O'Gorman

Your donations have been received - thank you - but PayPal and I aren't completely communicating at the moment $%Grinno$% Not a serious problem but until it is sorted I need your address.
Thanks
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

callagrafx

Can I add a big "THANK YOU" to that....

Once the disks have shipped, we'll PM you so you will have an idea of when to expect the disk  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Sorengaard

Hi all,  I do not belong to PayPal and as such know little of its use.  Since the PayPal link is in French and I don't read or understand French I couldn't figure out how to use it.  I guess I am asking for a PayPal/Tutorial. ;D  Any help in how to make a donation and how to obtain the DVD as well would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Steve

BarbyW

sorengaard: can you check it now as I now see it in English?

Diggis

I am getting the french paypal page too.  Is it because you have a paypal account maybe Barby?

TheTeaCat

Weird.
I get the Spanish Paypal page. Not that it matters as I  change language to English.
Then everything fine.

PM's sent as requested  ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JoeST

I believe you can change the language using a dropdown (hmm no you cant...) but yeah im also getting a french page, even tho im going to the US site and have changed the url... hmmm

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

callagrafx

If I recall, I think the language is encrypted into the donation button...However, I'm sure Barby's on the case.  In any case, you don't need to understand french to type in a figure (preferably nice big ones with lots of zeros at the end) and click connexion (log in) 
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

wes.janson

I got the English page no problem.

I did however get the French page back when I paid for my subscription, but 7 years of French Immersion allows me to read fluent French... well,  a sort of French if you will, more like a bastardized Quebecois.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

kj3400

Hmm that's weird. I got the English Paypal fine. ()what()
I also sent my PM with address. :thumbsup:
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Sorengaard

As of 1:30 Eastern Standard Time it is still French for me.  If it changes to Spanish I am still in trouble.  Sorry to say but it is English or nothing at all for me.  I can't log in because I am not a member.  Hitting the donate key just gives a pop up in French.  Patiently waiting till all is fine again.  Steve

wes.janson

Quote from: Sorengaard on November 19, 2008, 10:36:45 AM
As of 1:30 Eastern Standard Time it is still French for me.  If it changes to Spanish I am still in trouble.  Sorry to say but it is English or nothing at all for me.  I can't log in because I am not a member.  Hitting the donate key just gives a pop up in French.  Patiently waiting till all is fine again.  Steve

Why not try creating a paypal account?

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

BarbyW

I have been on the case and sent a revised button code to Jeroni. I hope this solves the problem as I don't know what else to do. I suspect it is only happening where people don't have their own PayPal account as I log in to the French PayPal but have everything set to English.
Sorry about the confusion but I am doing my best. ;D

TheTeaCat

Quote from: BarbyW on November 19, 2008, 11:13:18 AM
I am doing my best. ;D

Which everyone appreciates(though they may not say so).
Take five for yourself with this nice cuppa I made for you

TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

BarbyW

Thanks, TTC. I don't drink tea, sorry, but will have a Pastis instead if you don't mind.

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

callagrafx

Quote from: toxicpiano on November 19, 2008, 11:48:59 AM
so did you get my address?
yeah, so be nice cos we know where you live  :D :D :D :D :D

TheTeaCat

Quote from: BarbyW on November 19, 2008, 11:35:19 AM
I don't drink tea, sorry, but will have a Pastis instead if you don't mind.

Don't drink Tea  ()what() ()what() ()what()
Ok then I'll have to drink it for you. ::)

I shall replace the TEA with this then  ;D ;D

TTC

zero7

Just to let you know I've seen the thread and sent the requested PMs.

Call me Richard