• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT V4 for the Mac

Started by z, January 27, 2009, 02:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

RTMT has always run on the Mac, and this will continue with V4.  However, the streamlined installation and customization features that I have mentioned in other places are implemented in the NSIS installer, which is not available for the Mac.  The Mac has its own installer, which should be powerful enough to implement these features, but currently the RTMT Team does not have access to a Mac.  If someone with a Mac would like to help us out by writing a couple of installation scripts, please post here.  The job shouldn't be terribly complicated, as I can make the Windows versions of the scripts available, along with all the other necessary material.

If we are unable to get installation scripts for the Mac written, all the customization features will still be available, much as they are now.  However, the procedures for using the customization features would be completely manual (though fully documented), as is currently the case.

DAB_City

Quote from: z on January 27, 2009, 02:51:43 PM
RTMT has always run on the Mac, and this will continue with V4.  However, the streamlined installation and customization features that I have mentioned in other places are implemented in the NSIS installer, which is not available for the Mac.  The Mac has its own installer, which should be powerful enough to implement these features, but currently the RTMT Team does not have access to a Mac.  If someone with a Mac would like to help us out by writing a couple of installation scripts, please post here.  The job shouldn't be terribly complicated, as I can make the Windows versions of the scripts available, along with all the other necessary material.

If we are unable to get installation scripts for the Mac written, all the customization features will still be available, much as they are now.  However, the procedures for using the customization features would be completely manual (though fully documented), as is currently the case.

I don't know if you're still looking for someone, but I might be able to do this. I have a Mac and PC, so I could rewrite the installation program using the native Mac OS X Installer program - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Installer_(Mac_OS_X)

Let me know what you think. Thanks for such a great job, and I look forward to future versions of the RTMT!  :thumbsup:
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

z

Thanks for the offer!  Since I made the original post, Daeley of the NAM Team has developed a platform-independent installer written in Java.  With the next release of RTMT, this will be used to provide automatic installation for Macs.  However, when the fully automatic prop customization is ready (which is still quite a ways off), we may need more than Daeley's installer can do.  If that's the case, I'll let you know then.  ;)

DAB_City

Quote from: z on October 16, 2011, 09:53:21 PM
Thanks for the offer!  Since I made the original post, Daeley of the NAM Team has developed a platform-independent installer written in Java.  With the next release of RTMT, this will be used to provide automatic installation for Macs.  However, when the fully automatic prop customization is ready (which is still quite a ways off), we may need more than Daeley's installer can do.  If that's the case, I'll let you know then.  ;)

Sounds great, I hope the Java stuff works... Could need it for the NAM!  :thumbsup:
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

z

Are there currently people who are using RTMT v3.60 on the Mac?  If so, have you noticed any problems with it?

TEG24601

Quote from: z on October 25, 2011, 09:51:01 PM
Are there currently people who are using RTMT v3.60 on the Mac?  If so, have you noticed any problems with it?

I am using RTMT 3.6 on my PPC Mac, and Intel Mac without issues, even in Lion.

TEG

DAB_City

Quote from: TEG24601 on October 25, 2011, 11:11:04 PM
Quote from: z on October 25, 2011, 09:51:01 PM

I am using RTMT 3.6 on my PPC Mac, and Intel Mac without issues, even in Lion.

TEG

All fine here too. After I went through the different .dat files, everything has been working fine for me. I'm using a Power Mac G5 D2GHZ, pre-liquid cooling. 1.5GB RAM, 250GB HD, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8. I'm tying at it right now!

An installer would make it easier though...