• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tag_one

Great work Arthur!  &apls I especially like high rise from Rotterdam. 5m per floor sounds about right to me.  ;)

joelyboy911

Hello Arthur. I really like these BATs you're making, but I have a question for you: What has happened to all your other projects?

I liked the Hotel you were making at the start of this thread, and the train station and the w2w's. I understand you lost some files (it happens to all of us, through accidental deletion, computer failures, gmax crashes, et cetera) but did you lose all of your BATs?

Anyway, I still really like your models. I just would like to see something finished is all.  :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

art128

Joel -> Thanks a lot ! No, I didn't lost all my files, luckily.. But I have to "finish them" and to export them.. But I'll try to do that before the end of the month, for my birthday !  ;D At the moment I'm finishing the first W2W, the corner one, i'll try to post some pictures as soon as possible !

Tag_one -> Thanks Merijn ! Good to know that 5 meters sounds right to you ! BTW, I choose 6 meters for the office building !  ;D

Une_ame -> Thanks for giving your opinion, Emmanuel !

Gottago -> I don't really get your last sentence..  &mmm

Thanks all !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

joelyboy911

Yay, I'm glad the projects will be finished soon. I guess you're just a bit like me - always wanting to start a new project before the old ones are finished.  :D

Good Luck!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

art128

Yeah, i'm like you, I like ti start project before to finish the others !  :D

Anyway,

Since I started BATing all the BATs like Tampere Station, port thingy and others W2W, I discovered some technical things (like right click on move , I didn't know that before, same for rotate... ) that make building easier to create ! So, I think I'm going to restart all the old projects that were made before I find those little trick.

But, i'm not here to say that without showing you some pictures !
I've made some progress on the commercial building in the Montparnasse area yesterday.. I've started the roof, and added some little details to the general structure also as the first textures. Anyway, I'm not quite satisfied with the glass texture, I think I'm going to redo it.

So without any more words, here is a shot :

Plus, a more human view :

Props & Texture Catalog

Yan077

Waow, amazing work Arthur  :o, you really impress me with the BAT, great work on the window's textures  &apls

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

kimcar

Une_ame

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Amazing !!!!!!!

Maybe, maybe, I'm not sure but, the windows could be darker as the RL ones (like the Montparnasse Tower ones).

Keep going :thumbsup:!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Earth quake

delija21

Red Star Production is now on FACEBOOK

tamorr

I see it is going pretty well here. I have to agree that the window texture does look odd, and might be good idea to do as you planned. Anyway I am liking the progress that you are making the roof looking really nice. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

art128

Thanks all !

Good news everyone, I've exported the commercial W2W (paris Montparnasse)  to see if it worked well, and yes, everything looked fine, textures, glasses, size of the building ! Yay ! My first real good export !
I don't have any pic of it, the LE crashed while I was playing with it.....  &sly ...
Anyway, I'll try to make the night light tomorrow, and if everything is fine I re-export it for the night version.. And, An upload will come next week, if everything turns out well ,eh..

-Arthur.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Update !

Here's three ingame shots of the building..
I have just some little problems with the roof top's texture, but it's because I used a plane instead of a box, anyway I'll redo that today, also as the nightlight and better LODs and I'll re export it.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Very nice BAT, I like, but I find the scale of one floor a bit too big ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Earth quake

Splendid bat and wonderfull textures. &apls

tag_one

Ah great to see you tamed the Bat4Max  :D
The model looks wonderful in the game and the roof looks ok to me.  :thumbsup:

Une_ame

&hlp &hlp

The windows texture is very good and the red stuff one the roof is a very good eye catching !!

Now, we have too find another black window building to form the commercial mall at the bottom of the Montparnasse tower...
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Delecto

Look's good, but there are two or three small things which can be improved.  ::)

- on the roof, the small ladder (l'échelle en français) is too big and false the representation of dimensions.
- texture one the top roof of the building need more work, it look too plain.
- the base look over scaled, try to add detail which shows the real size.

et voilà my little comments,  you are close to the goal.

DEL!