• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

hehe, it was the abbreviation of the building. Ikejiri Institute of Design, It's a school located in Shibuya, Tokyo. Though it's put aside for the moment I had a scale issue.

In the mean time I started a building. It's inspired on this building in Tokyo.
It'll be 2x2 straight.

Of course it's just the beginning. There are no textures and some walls are missing.  ::)

hope you liked it.  :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

neat!  I like the green space on the roof  :thumbsup:

sunv123

I agree, that green space on the roof is very nice.

Can't wait until the building is complete! :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

art128

thanks guys.

Here is more. I'll stop here for today though.

There are some artifacts with the walls, don't worry I'm going to correct them later.

Props & Texture Catalog

sunv123

The BAT is getting better and better each update! :)

nas-t

wow - that's one great bat your working on  &apls

noahclem

Very promising new building Arthur!

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

gn_leugim

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Nice to see more details filling out. Great job with the roof again  &apls

sunv123

That roof looks great, and the black outlining on the windows make it look it has more.... Depth?  &Thk/(

Shark7

Seems you are off to a good start with the office building.  I have to concur with others, the roof is nice, mostly because it is unique.  It gives the building a personality.  So far, I'd give you a 9.5 out of 10 on the rating...you have done very well in your modeling.  &apls

That said, I'm not quite sure I understand the significance of having a stairway to the roof and the crane on the roof of the actual building.  Is that how they bring cargo deliveries into the building?  I have to admit it confuses me, as it is something I have never seen before.  ()what()

art128

thanks guys!

Shark07: it's to carry the scaffold to was the windows from outside. ;)

Sunv123: It does look like it has more depth! However I just added a frame to the windows!

Just a quick preview before heading to bed.

The crane is just a quick try I did to see how it would look on the actual building.
And no it's not a LNG tank. ( $%Grinno$% ) it's just a water tank. For some reason I don't fully know it's very common on Japanese buildings.

I'm waiting on Mitaki station's read me and installer. Once done by Gn_leugim it'll go to the LEX scrutineers. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

Quote from: art128 on November 13, 2012, 05:22:46 PM
thanks guys!

Shark07: it's to carry the scaffold to was the windows from outside. ;)

Sunv123: It does look like it has more depth! However I just added a frame to the windows!

Just a quick preview before heading to bed.

The crane is just a quick try I did to see how it would look on the actual building.
And no it's not a LNG tank. ( $%Grinno$% ) it's just a water tank. For some reason I don't fully know it's very common on Japanese buildings.

I'm waiting on Mitaki station's read me and installer. Once done by Gn_leugim it'll go to the LEX scrutineers. :)
No LNG tank, we're safe!  :D

I do get the water tank on top of the building, as it is common in high rises everywhere.  Piped water systems require constant pressure in the pipes, in order to have decent water pressure in high rises without having to run pumps 24/7 (expensive), you pump it into a large tank on top of the building and let gravity provide the pressure in the pipes.  The exact same principle for having water towers to feed a towns water system...gravity keeps pressure in the pipes and water flowing from your taps when you turn them on.

The building is coming along nicely.  Your current version of the roof is much better now that all the stuff is on top and the stairs are a bit more narrow.

moonlinght

Looks great! &apls It is exactly seen around Tokyo Station building :)

art128

Thanks guys!

Here's a little progress. That's all I'll post today i think..

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

Wow very nice work ! :) Love the details on the roof.
And btw, the train station is amazing !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

art128

Thank you benoit!

The train station will be ready soon enough. Gn_leugim in charge of readme and installers, and then LEX scrutineers, and then upload!

Here is some more progress. I think the crane is ready. After all I've been working on it for five hours straight.....

Hope you liked it!

Props & Texture Catalog

sunv123

Man, I wish I could be a LEX scrutineer and test out the amazing things that you guys make. :'(

Ha Ha, really like the window washing basket. :D