• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Thaks guys!

Yeap Girafe, I'll be getting to work on the metal when the modeling is really done. Thanks for the advice here and on ST. ;)

Thanks vortext, though I tried to make it as close to the real one as possible. The real station ( Mitaki Station [ 三滝駅 ] , on the Kabe Line ( third stop from JR Hiroshima ) ) has only one railing in the middle. But I do agree with you that two looked better and safer. I'll see if I'm going to switch to three ( two sides one middle) or come back to two.  :P

Thank you for the feedback whatevermind. I do agree with you about the spacing. But instead of making it full bench space, I am going for a half bench. Can you please explain further about the foundations of the platform? I do not understand quite well what you mean. About the metal material, I agree once again with you. After some more modeling work on the platform I am going to change all the metal materials for the railings, pillars and machines. I'm still a little new to that so I will take some time to get it right. :)

Thank you both Gilikov1994 and gn_leugim:thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

OKay, here is what I've got.

So i've moved some things as Whatevermind and vortext mentioned. ( thanks guys. ;) ) I also made some work on the ticket machine. Not sure if the metal material look alright at the moment.

Still to come. Some more modeling. and textures work for the metal materials, the roof and the pillars.

I've got a question.

As you can see on this picture of the station (below) there are wild shrubs growing at the end of the platform. Do you think it is a good idea to make them? Not in the bat, i'll lot them of course. But should I?

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Looking good  :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to see how the shrubs look and there's no reason not to at least see what it look like. It'd be nice to see what it would look like with planned shrubs also, instead of just trying wilder looking ones.

vortext

Now it's my turn to echo Noah; looking good  :thumbsup:  ;D

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Thanks both!

Then I'll make put both wild and non-wild shrubs in the LE later.

In the meantime, here is a preview, in the changelog: Roof texture, pillars texture and hidden platforms numbers (;_;)

Still not satisfied with the roof texture though.. Now I like the roof

Props & Texture Catalog

whatevermind

It may have been a rendering mishap with the foundations, the last two pics look fine.  I was referring to the far end of the platform (where the cross fence is), but it looks fine now.

Kergelen

Is looking very good.
I like the textures and the balusters.

Links to SC4 websites

gn_leugim

change the roof texture why? it looks nice :) as all bat  :)

nas-t

great details!  &apls
maybe adding a trash can next to the advertising space?

art128

Thanks guys!

I did change the roof texture, Gn_Leugim because the previous one was too brown, or too light grey in comparison with the real roof. But now the texture is good I think.

I'll take your advice into account, Nas-t and add a trash can for the next render.

In the meantime, i did some play with the metal:

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

Very nice train station Arthur, I would love to have it for use in my cities.  ;)

On a side note, if you were to make a US type version of a station like this one, you'd need to have a rail down the center the entire length of the station stop...such are US safety codes.  You might find it interesting exactly how different the same station would appear based on the country it is built in.

gn_leugim

&apls

jsut one thing, I don't know if you have adressed that already, but the ticket machine could use some texture work on the side of it, looks too bare and grey (maybe is not textured at all XD)

also, a preview from other orientation would be good :)

whatevermind

Quote from: Shark7 on September 20, 2012, 08:33:50 AM
On a side note, if you were to make a US type version of a station like this one, you'd need to have a rail down the center the entire length of the station stop...such are US safety codes.

Hmm...Not around here they don't do that.  $%Grinno$%  The one regional difference that did catch me as odd is not having the yellow stripe at the edge of the platform, but instead being set back.  But, from that photo he posted a while back, the yellow line also looks to be doubling as an aide for the blind.  Or maybe it doesn't mean edge-of-platform wherever that station is anyway, which explains the set back and the additional white line and then even more buffer space to the edge.  &Thk/(

art128

As requested from Gn_Leugim, here are preview from other orientations.

For your information, the platform is 7.5 tiles long.

Props & Texture Catalog

nas-t

mave94

Great work on the platform! It looks very real. &apls

vortext

Looks great and seems to be around the right length as well.  :thumbsup:

Though imho it would be better to move the shelter from the entrance still a bit more. If only to make it more interesting visually because the end of the platform is quite an empty stretch.
That said, those platform numbers are outstanding!!   :D

Looking forward to the first ingame images!
time flies like a bird

gn_leugim

wow didn't realise how long it was :O it looks lovely in all angles ;)  &apls

art128

Thanks guys!

And I still find that the smallest correct length for a station, Gn_Leugim All the others 4 tiles long platforms are ridiculously small.

Here's a render for you vortext, with the platform numbers.  :P About the emptiness of the end, it's because I'm planning to add some flora via the Lot Editor.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Quote from: art128 on September 23, 2012, 11:17:28 AM
All the others 4 tiles long platforms are ridiculously small.

Couldn't agree more.

Quote from: art128 on September 23, 2012, 11:17:28 AM
About the emptiness of the end, it's because I'm planning to add some flora via the Lot Editor.

Like I said I'll await the first ingame shots.  ;)
time flies like a bird